Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566930 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1180 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »

I don't understand this shit though

If Best Buy have it in their system and its official why won't GNR just make an announcement on their website?

U know, when trying to sell a product, Undercover, secret  007 agent stuff, usually isn't the way u go about doing business.

Im still stuck on the Single/Video thing.

Realistically, they would have to start shooting a video very very soon and u know info from that will leak etc.

I'm not trying to be negative, but with all the time thats gone by and the way everything has went, It would be a shame to mess up the release by poor planning etc.

Still plenty of time though for all of this to happen, but u figure 2 weeks tops and we will have to have gotten some sort of announcement.

I have to agree.   As excited as I am, Im completely baffled as to why this hasn't been made official by the band, especially since it's registered for release in Best Buy's system.
Jada
« Reply #1181 on: October 13, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »

Are you saying that the annoucement won't be dramatic anymore?

hihi

I just wish this band could be the first to tell us something once in a while.

I hope they'd give us fans some kind of a "sign" before they make the announcement. Post something like "stay tuned for news" on the website a day before the announcement or something... that'd be kinda cool. I'd take the day off to celebrate it.  smoking
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1182 on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

i don't give a crap how they announce it i don't care if they don't say a word between today and  the day it comes out... as long as it stays on best buys list and it starts showing up in advertisements etc, i don't really need to hear from axl

let the music speak for itself
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1183 on: October 13, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

i don't give a crap how they announce it i don't care if they don't say a word between today and  the day it comes out... as long as it stays on best buys list and it starts showing up in advertisements etc, i don't really need to hear from axl

Who's hating?

We are just looking for a definitive answer here... Because this is the closest to a release that CD has come, the fallout from a setback at this point could be devastating. If the leak of these SKU's gave up something that they wanted to hide (like the three versions) than that could cause a problem with the best buy deal. If that deal is broken at this point there may not be another deal, and we could go back into the constant holding pattern waiting for the CD that never was.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1184 on: October 13, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

Who's hating?

We are just looking for a definitive answer here... Because this is the closest to a release that CD has come, the fallout from a setback at this point could be devastating. If the leak of these SKU's gave up something that they wanted to hide (like the three versions) than that could cause a problem with the best buy deal. If that deal is broken at this point there may not be another deal, and we could go back into the constant holding pattern waiting for the CD that never was.

You hating.

"The fallout from a setback" - are you gnr's personal emoticon or something? you are fan. you've stressed out for years over this, and now you are too blind by the past to see what's actually taking place. even if axl says something you will still worry. The fact that he hasn't said "No, this isn't happening" over the last week should tell you all you need to know.

Just relax, sit back, and enjoy this ride. It's the one you've been waiting for.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1185 on: October 13, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »

Im still stuck on the Single/Video thing.

Realistically, they would have to start shooting a video very very soon and u know info from that will leak etc.
Remember the rumors of a 'reality show'...camera crews are a hard thing to hide...perhaps it already leaked - just the wrong rumor. yes

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jada
« Reply #1186 on: October 13, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

Who's hating?

I seriously doubt it... I don't think anyone at BB would want to jeopardize this deal. It's such a dream come true for any retailer that you'd think they'd be extremely careful about it...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1187 on: October 13, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

Who's hating?

You hating.

"The fallout from a setback" - are you gnr's personal emoticon or something? you are fan. you've stressed out for years over this, and now you are too blind by the past to see what's actually taking place. even if axl says something you will still worry. The fact that he hasn't said "No, this isn't happening" over the last week should tell you all you need to know.

Just relax, sit back, and enjoy this ride. It's the one you've been waiting for.

Well, no.  He's not hating.  Just an excited fan, as am I, and THOUSANDS of others who are chomping at the bit for the final announcement.  To say that makes people bad fans is just...retarded.  Extremely retarded at that.  Until there is an "official" announcement theres nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1188 on: October 13, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »

I didn't say he was a bad fan.

But all you "cautiously optimistic" people, will axl saying something really cause you to be happy? Or will you just start saying this is just like March 6th and "i'll get excited when it's in my hands"
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1189 on: October 13, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »

Maybe they're preparing a special announcement, like a video announcement on their website or myspace, or an exclusive interview on some TV-show.

Would be cool!

Niek
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1190 on: October 13, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »

But all you "cautiously optimistic" people, will axl saying something really cause you to be happy? Or will you just start saying this is just like March 6th and "i'll get excited when it's in my hands"

This situation is completely different than that.  I could go on and on about why it's different, but just look at how it's on Best Buys RSS system, slated for release with 3 different editions (although we have no idea what that means).  They just don't do that unofficially, like they're assuming it's gonna happen.  They only do that when something definitive is in the works.  I can only speak for myself, but this is why it's so baffling to me as to why the band hasn't shot out a confirmation yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:26:36 PM by sofine11 » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1191 on: October 13, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »

woo hoo

fuck all the haters

chinese democracy 2008

Who's hating?

I seriously doubt it... I don't think anyone at BB would want to jeopardize this deal. It's such a dream come true for any retailer that you'd think they'd be extremely careful about it...

I don't think that John Doe in the Media Department at Best Buy is trying to cause problems by answering public questions. But at the same time I don't think that Best Buy was expecting to have GnR fans trying to figure out how many sku's there are, what the UPC's are, what mediums it would be sold in...

I just think that if Axl was planing something special, it may have been blown. That is all...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1192 on: October 13, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »

We aren't hating, we are just being cautious and realistic.

GNR have NEVER said it's coming out, GNR have YET to confirm the Best Buy deal is a go.

Until it is set in stone, written and spoken by GNR themselves, I am going to believe it but not totally go insanely crazy over it.

I am positive the CD is coming out, but u never know, as someone said previously, they could still "DELAY" the album till Spring or something.

U just never know.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1193 on: October 13, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »

This situation is completely different than that.  I could go on and on about why it's different, but just look at how it's on Best Buys RSS system, slated for release in 3 different editions (although we have no idea what that means).  They just don't do that unoffially, like they're assuming it's gonna happen.  They only do that when something definitive is in the works.  I can only speak for myself, but this is why it's so baffling to me as to why the band hasn't shot out a confirmation yet.

If a joint announcement by the band and the retailer was made it would be FAR different than Axl making loose statements like "March 2006, but don't hold me too it" or Merck telling us how many Tuesdays there are in a year.

BUT I do believe that I will be holding an official copy of CD on or around my 30th Birthday (Nov 26th).
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1194 on: October 13, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »

I really hope there will be an announcement this week. Each day going by with no annoncenment from GNR, worries me. If we dont get any news from GNR in like 2 weeks, Im losing faith about a release this year...
Jada
« Reply #1195 on: October 13, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »

I just think that if Axl was planing something special, it may have been blown. That is all...

I certainly hope it hasn't.  Undecided Because I'm still waiting for something special to happen.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1196 on: October 13, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »

I really hope there will be an announcement this week. Each day going by with no annoncenment from GNR, worries me. If we dont get any news from GNR in like 2 weeks, Im losing faith about a release this year...

i think if it was untrue then it would have been shot down by now........in this case i think that no news is good news

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1197 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »

i think if it was untrue then it would have been shot down by now........in this case i think that no news is good news

The whole ability to "call it off" thing still worries me... If GNR did announce it, they would have no intention to...
Jada
« Reply #1198 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

BTW, when would they have to start manufacturing the cds to get them in stores in time?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1199 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »

I know its true but apparently something holding an announcment back. Could be small things, we dont know... Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: