Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 601708 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1120 on: October 13, 2008, 04:08:38 AM »

http://blogs.triplem.com.au/triplem/archives/2008/10/music_guns_n_roses_new_album_c.html

they say the album is on the Australian Universal Music list..

22 November, the day before it is released in the US

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1121 on: October 13, 2008, 04:25:03 AM »

Here it says November 21 for Switzerland : http://www.cede.ch/fr/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=577685

I asked them where they got there infos from... most of the time, CD are released on Friday in Switzerland.

I have my preorder on this website since september 06 btw >_<

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1122 on: October 13, 2008, 04:46:07 AM »

Its weird it looks like its gonna be released on the normal day in every country but the US.  hihi
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1123 on: October 13, 2008, 05:15:17 AM »

Well, I don't think it's weird. In Europe, this week of november is just like any other week of the year in most countries I guess...

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1124 on: October 13, 2008, 06:32:21 AM »

I think Axl is a musician, but he's no longer driven.  He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life and he doesn't really care what other people think about it.

We know Axl was probably reluctant to release it to the record company.  I mean, it took 15 years.  I'm sure he wanted to tweak it again.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here with these statements.  Additionally, I'm really not sure where you get the impression that Axl lacks motivation with regard to this album.  If anything, I've always believed that his attitude throughout his whole career has been one of striving to grow as a musician and that each album is a reflection of this development.  As far as I can tell, I would say that Axl remains extremely motivated and determined to make music that will stand as a worthy legacy of the GN'R name.

As such, I feel that this promotional campaign will have been very carefully thought out and will be executed likewise.  Just because we don't know the details at the moment doesn't mean that extensive activity and future planning isn't currently taking place behind the scenes.  I'm sure that the announcement will come at the most opportune moment for GN'R and that the timing will be judged to deliver the maximum impact for CD.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ben9785
« Reply #1125 on: October 13, 2008, 06:43:18 AM »

http://blogs.triplem.com.au/triplem/archives/2008/10/music_guns_n_roses_new_album_c.html

they say the album is on the Australian Universal Music list..

22 November, the day before it is released in the US

Now we're talking.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1126 on: October 13, 2008, 06:54:09 AM »

Im still waiting on official comfirmation from gnr...

Although I dont know what they are waiting for, if all the news sites/tv/radio are already announcing it as if it is already confirmed?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ben9785
« Reply #1127 on: October 13, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »

Although I dont know what they are waiting for, if all the news sites/tv/radio are already announcing it as if it is already confirmed?

Major radio station in Australia confirmed it from Australian division of Universal Music.

Unless someone is pulling a prank, come on.. you can't doubt it can you?..

I know, it's better to get the final word from the band, I know, but aren't you excited all the same?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1128 on: October 13, 2008, 07:16:54 AM »

Major radio station in Australia confirmed it from Australian division of Universal Music.

Unless someone is pulling a prank, come on.. you can't doubt it can you?..

I know, it's better to get the final word from the band, I know, but aren't you excited all the same?

Sure we are!
And by knowing Austrailia is hours infront of Europe, and the US. I guess something might be said soon over here also.. Norway that is..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1129 on: October 13, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »

Im hella excited , And I know the record is very close,

It would just be great for gnr to "seal the deal" for use of a better word by announcing it officially,
so the news stations all over the world will be able to legitmately report it ..
its cool that triple m over  here  announced some news on it, they are always talking about chinese democracy !

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1130 on: October 13, 2008, 07:55:48 AM »

We've been burned before so until it's out of Axl's mouth or in my hand, it's only a hope and a dream.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1131 on: October 13, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »

OK... this is not a best buy thing.
this is completely different thing, so please no merge.

the thing is;

one article suggest nov.22, and the other that it's still unscheudled but on its way...

Pigs are flying, hell has frozen over and Guns n' Roses' long-long-awaited new album Chinese Democracy has finally been confirmed for a release late next month! This is not a drill, we repeat, this is not a drill...

According to their Aussie label Universal Music's schedule, the record will presently hit shops in Australia on Saturday November 22, one day before the US release date.

:: See photos from Guns 'n' Roses Australian tour last year
:: Check out our GNR retrospective with photos dating back to 1988!

As reported before, rumours have been flying thick and fast in the last month after Best Buy - GNR's exclusive album seller in the US -told employees the album was on the way.

And now the record, which has taken on almost mythical proportions, is coming... after 15 years between albums and a reported US$13 million in the making.

Can it ever measure up to the hype and expectations? Will you be buying it? You tell us!

Chinese Democracy has now entered the public lexicon as ?promise that never delivers?, but in November Guns N? Roses will finally drop its embattled sixth album. FasterLouder has received confirmation from Universal Music Australia that it is indeed on its way, although an exact release date has not been set.

The (multi)-million dollar question, though, is will it be worth the wait? Chinese Democracy certainly has a cracking back-story. Axl Rose began work on the album way back in 1994, allegedly chalking up more than $13 million in production costs along the way. A long list of executives and producers has been called in to steer Rose towards completion, but the frontman has been distracted by lengthy lawsuits and personal upsets. The album has been so shrouded in secrecy that an American blogger who leaked some of its tracks in August was arrested and charged.

It?s hard to believe that after such a tumultuous (and not particularly fan-friendly) history, Chinese Democracy can shed its baggage and go gangbusters. In November, we?ll know if the Gunners have still got it...

Source: FasterLouder.com.au

edit (title) by destry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:20:01 AM by destry rides again » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »

duuude! we get it first!!!
sucked in USA!! its more than a day too!

But yeah, Universal would have to have been informed by now, it's too close to the date for shipping etc to not hav been organised
so I believe it!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1133 on: October 13, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »

By the way, hate to double post, but for the record the triple M article is way more reliable; fasterlouder is merely an independent music site, not very big, whereas triple M is like a national radio station; they often book bands when they tour here, and theyre pretty much the only station that plays guns n' roses in sydney at least
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1134 on: October 13, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »

This was already posted in another thread...
triple m are huge in sydney, so I do not doubt their sources!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1135 on: October 13, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »

When talking about GNR, would it kill them to use some footage that isn't 20 years old?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1136 on: October 13, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »

From Billboard

"As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

THE SET???

what does this mean my friends?

I was told that the word "set" is frequently substituted for the word "album" to avoid being redundant.  That it is less correct to use the term "CD" nowadays because of all of the digital/internet sales.  So don't read too much into that.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1137 on: October 13, 2008, 11:15:28 AM »

has anyone heard a rumour of it having 3 covers?? someone at metal sludge reckons so.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1138 on: October 13, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

has anyone heard a rumour of it having 3 covers?? someone at metal sludge reckons so.

no. what you mean: cover songs or album covers?

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1139 on: October 13, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »

Until Axl Rose says it's coming...it's just a load of people running around hoping he will say yes to the suggested release date.......(plan).....
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: