Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 601718 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1100 on: October 12, 2008, 09:33:28 PM »

No I do not think they have had any confirmation...just going off of previous reports.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1101 on: October 12, 2008, 09:45:58 PM »

I have a feeling we'll hear something tomorrow. At least I hope so.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1102 on: October 12, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »

It seems as though the band will release the album in November, but I have my reservations about what will happen next.  I don't see a lot of hype for this album and that is disturbing.  We still don't have the Finck thing worked out.  Something tells me the album WILL be released in November, but Axl is content with simply releasing the album and not really following up.  I really hope I am wrong, but look at everything.  Something doesn't add up here...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1103 on: October 12, 2008, 09:59:50 PM »

It seems as though the band will release the album in November, but I have my reservations about what will happen next.  I don't see a lot of hype for this album and that is disturbing.  We still don't have the Finck thing worked out.  Something tells me the album WILL be released in November, but Axl is content with simply releasing the album and not really following up.  I really hope I am wrong, but look at everything.  Something doesn't add up here...

That's not very axl like at all... This guy wants everything done as big as possible.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1104 on: October 12, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »

That's not very axl like at all... This guy wants everything done as big as possible.

Judging by the promotion of the past two tours, I'm not sure how you get that impression.  I think Axl is a musician, but he's no longer driven.  He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life and he doesn't really care what other people think about it.  I think it's pretty obvious we have a release date, but their website is not even updated.  Two tours without an album, a release date with no promotion and you think he wants everything "done big as possible"?  If true, he's not really following through too well...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1105 on: October 12, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »

He never had an album out for those tours...So that's a moot point.

www.bluejayfever.com

DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1106 on: October 12, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »

Everything right now "feels" the exact same it did 3 years ago, with the exception of a release date from Best Buy.  We know Axl was probably reluctant to release it to the record company.  I mean, it took 15 years.  I'm sure he wanted to tweak it again.  Hey, I'm a big Guns fans, but let's not ignore the obvious here...
ben9785
« Reply #1107 on: October 12, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »

Considering the hype, rumours, gossip and speculation around this album;

I'd actually encourage them to just keep the press and promo minimal, put the music out there and let people just listen to it.

Or, I'd be great to see the other band members take on the majority of the press so people are aware GNR isn't all about Axl.

I'd love just as much as anyone else for new interviews with Axl, TV appearances etc, but you know it's going to be the same shit being asked.
"What happened with the old guys?",  "What's taken you so long to get this album out?", "Are we going to see a reunion in the future?", "When was the last time you talked to Slash?" etc etc

big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #1108 on: October 12, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »

It would be cool if an Axl did an in depth interview with Rolling Stone to coincide with the release of CD.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1109 on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:49 PM »

Everything right now "feels" the exact same it did 3 years ago, with the exception of a release date from Best Buy.  We know Axl was probably reluctant to release it to the record company.  I mean, it took 15 years.  I'm sure he wanted to tweak it again.  Hey, I'm a big Guns fans, but let's not ignore the obvious here...

What exactly do you want him to do?? have a news conference on CNN? They'll start the promotion AFTER they announce the date.

www.bluejayfever.com

DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1110 on: October 12, 2008, 11:31:03 PM »

What exactly do you want him to do?? have a news conference on CNN? They'll start the promotion AFTER they announce the date.

What's the typical time frame on promotion of a CD?  When did Metallica start promoting Death Magnetic?  Was it not like months ahead of the release?  Here we are about 6 weeks away and not a word.  Everybody thinks we'll hear something tomorrow?  I think it's very telling that it came from Best Buy and Billboard first and not a peep on Guns website about it.   
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1111 on: October 12, 2008, 11:37:13 PM »

What's the typical time frame on promotion of a CD?  When did Metallica start promoting Death Magnetic?  Was it not like months ahead of the release?  Here we are about 6 weeks away and not a word.  Everybody thinks we'll hear something tomorrow?  I think it's very telling that it came from Best Buy and Billboard first and not a peep on Guns website about it.   
I seriously think we'll hear something from GN'R within 48 hours. There are few things that you can be sure of in the world of GN'R, but I've got a pretty good feeling this time.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1112 on: October 12, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

I posted this before, but it's relatable.  From http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.

It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I'll say that again for added emphasis:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: October 12, 2008, 11:45:06 PM »

I think it's very telling that it came from Best Buy and Billboard first and not a peep on Guns website about it.

The information from Best Buy came from the meeting that took place, and Billboard reported on the initial Hits Daily Double report.

I'm sure we will hear something on the GNR website when it's confirmed.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1114 on: October 13, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »

Best Buy is not going to sign an agreement for something without a definitive time table involved.

They aren't going to pay $x.xx for 3 million albums that will come "when it's done" in this economy. Given the history of the band, they'd be crazy to just accept that deal.

The album is coming. There will be a release date soon.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: October 13, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »

I posted this before, but it's relatable.  From http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.

It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I'll say that again for added emphasis:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I think this could very well be the case, with this band nothing would surprise me. I am confident it really is coming out. Billboard and all these other sites would not be reporting this and the 23rd as the day if they didn't have good reason to believe its accurate. Also if it was false i think it would've been denied by the band or record label as it has been in the past when some crazy rumor like this came up.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1116 on: October 13, 2008, 01:02:43 AM »

waiting without knowing anything that was going to happen has been frustrating over the years; but this time it's really coming and the cd will be promoted in a very cool way. they can't promote it more intensely now, when there's no release date announced. they can't announce a release date, when not all details have been worked out. but: if they do start within the next week, i see no problem. 1 and 1/2 months is enough for a proper promotion. and we had the first signs: shackler, if the world and lots of stories about cd in important magazines. gnr management is one of the best in the world. this will not be handled in a sloppy way. i have said it before: there's too much at stake, for the label, the band and especially axl. i'm looking forward to the next weeks. when - as gnr fans - should we get excited, if not now?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:12:44 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ben9785
« Reply #1117 on: October 13, 2008, 01:47:04 AM »

Don't expect anything conventional in terms of promotion of the album etc.

Sure, they could announce it tomorrow and start an extensive promo campaign with a single, video etc.

But the word is already getting around in a big way, even though there isn't anything close to a release date set apart from a vague "November" timeframe.

All Axl himself needs to do, even a mere week out of the release date is say one "boo" and that's it, watch it explode.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:48:51 AM by ben857 » Logged
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1118 on: October 13, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »

All Axl himself needs to do, even a mere week out of the release date is say one "boo" and that's it, watch it explode.

QFT...
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #1119 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_qWQOrOy0

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: