Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595809 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1020 on: October 11, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »

They still have over a month to get a single/video promotion going so Im not gonna worry about that unless we get to about a week before Halloween and there still is no announcement.

I think Billboard charts go from Tuesday to Tuesday, it would be very weird for an album to come out on a Sunday though, Im not sure that's ever happened before.

so the full week total will count for GNR but I think the Billboard chart gets tallied on a Tuesday, so GNR wouldn't qualify with a Sunday release, so their full week sales would go on the next chart I guess..... Seems weird though cause Friday releases count on that chart.

Maybe the charts go from Sunday to Sunday or something............

Hopefully, They won't be shortchanged any.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1021 on: October 11, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

With no single (as of yet) and only internet chatter as promotion. I doubt CD will be #1

Unless Axl's team gets off their rear and kicks this thing into gear.

It would be cool to hear a song on the radio.    I wonder what they have in store for us.

But I think CD will be #1 for the week it comes out, easily.

Depends, if they dont release a single/video and get out and really promote it, I don't know if they can beat Kanye West or not. I think he sold over 600,000 of his last CD in the first week and I can't imagine why he wouldn't repeat that.

So they can do it, but it won't be a landslide victory.

MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #1022 on: October 11, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »

Now D, exactly where are they going to play a video besides VH1 Classic; which no one watches?.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1023 on: October 11, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

Now D, exactly where are they going to play a video besides VH1 Classic; which no one watches?.

Youtube? Myspace?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1024 on: October 11, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »

Fuse, On Demand, Mtv might do something special for it ? Mtv 2.  There's no reason not to make a video for their first single, Im just curious what will be the first single ? I expect that to be in the announcement when they offically make one.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: October 11, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »

Besides what Jarmo suggested (Myspace, YouTube) I'm sure any GNR song would get plenty of play in the mornings on VH1 when they still play videos.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1026 on: October 11, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »

Youtube? Myspace?

/jarmo
Perfect...Youtube has replaced MTV, et al, as far as relevance.  MTV may reach 700k teenage girls watching the 'soaps' (Not a GnR market I am afraid)...but YouTube can be accessed on-demand by billions worldwide.  Metallica did it...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1027 on: October 11, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Youtube? Myspace?

/jarmo

Sure, they can do that. But, it wouldn't do much good. People like us would go there and view the video, but that's not who needs to see the video. People that don't even know the band need to see the video and they are not going to seek out the videos on you tube, etc. They would view the video on mtv or fuse while just watching those channels and not looking for the gnr videos. I highly doubt you tube or myspace is part of the equation to influence new gnr fans or just music fans in general....
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1028 on: October 11, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »

Hey, I watch VH1 Classic!!! And I can't imagine the CD not being number one upon its release. This is one of the most anticipated, most talked about, longest-in-the-making CDs of all time. I imagine people who aren't even big fans of GNR buying the CD soley based on curiosity. The timing is perfect, too, considering it's coming out right in the thick of holiday shopping.

It's going to be like in Bill & Ted. The stars will align; wars will end; global warming will stop; democracy will actually come to China. The entire world will rejoice. The CD's release date will be turned into a universal holiday. Even Jesus will probably come down from heaven to rock out with us.

Here Today . . .
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1029 on: October 11, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »

Youtube? Myspace?

/jarmo

Sure, they can do that. But, it wouldn't do much good. People like us would go there and view the video, but that's not who needs to see the video. People that don't even know the band need to see the video and they are not going to seek out the videos on you tube, etc. They would view the video on mtv or fuse while just watching those channels and not looking for the gnr videos. I highly doubt you tube or myspace is part of the equation to influence new gnr fans or just music fans in general....

You're wrong and underestimate the importance of Youtube and Myspace today.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1030 on: October 11, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »

You're wrong and underestimate the importance of Youtube and Myspace today.
Yeah, how many teens will grab the phone and call a friend to say "turn on VH1 - there's a cool song on"...but every (E-available) teenager in the world has/will e-mail or IM their friends to share something that interests them on YouTube.  It is On-Demand, which gives them choice of time/place...can even be send to cell phones for crying out loud.  If they DIDN'T do it, I would be shocked.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 06:21:01 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1031 on: October 11, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »

I wonder if they made a video yet ? or doing a live footage video ? You think we would hear something if they were out making a video.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1032 on: October 11, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »

I highly doubt you tube or myspace is part of the equation to influence new gnr fans or just music fans in general....
Seriously, what is up with this agenda of yours to attack EVERY post made by Admin??  It's obvious that once AGAIN you're talking out of your ass.

For the rest of you who are truly interested (and may not be aware of), if you go to www.myspace.com  and click on the music tab, you will see all the EXCLUSIVE music premieres and EXCLUSIVE music interviews and FREE downloads and more.  Even those of us who are no longer teenagers are aware of the fact that myspace (and similar sites) are used as a way to promote new releases, videos, etc.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1033 on: October 11, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »

i do not know if there any truth to this but a poster on cd.com or mygnr said best buy confrimed the nov 23 release date and so has the record lebal like i said i do not know if this is true
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1034 on: October 11, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »

Youtube? Myspace?

/jarmo

You do know this is 2008, and not 1992 right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1035 on: October 11, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »

I don't think videos are as important as they use to be but Id still love to see one cause no one makes better videos than GNR.

xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #1036 on: October 11, 2008, 07:57:05 PM »

Even if promotion is limited by the band itself, word of mouth alone is enough to get #1 for at least a week.  First of all, there's us, the die hards who have been following this forever.  Then, magazines such as Rolling Stone and online articles will further spread word.  There will be so much buzz when it comes out alone that minimal promotion will be necessary, at least in the beginning.  In order to sustain sales, then promotion would take over.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1037 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »

If it doesn't get to number 1, that doesn't matter as much as what it sells.

I mean what do you think is more successful.

Number 1 but selling 300 thousand copies against no competition?

or debuting at number 2 and losing to Kanye West 800,000 to 750,000?

I think everyone would take a number 2 and 750k sells.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1038 on: October 11, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »

No offense to Kanye West fans...but being number 2 after Kanye West's release, that would be kinda weird. Chinese Democracy is basically the most anticipated rock album since...a long time! If it doesn't get to number one, I guess something's wrong with the rock crowd, the fact that the US is a rock n'roll nation (compared to other countries), etc. I believe if Chinese Democracy is actually released this year it will be a big success. Maybe one of the last successful albums of the "CD" era. If not the last one. It's 2008, almost 2009, the CD (compact disc) is almost done as a format. Chinese Democracy might just be the last "important" release using this format. We'll just see.

If Chinese Democracy isn't released in 2008, I think it will not be released as a compact disc - I mean it won't be the main aspect of its release. At least not in the usual way we knew a few years ago. This format is almost done, I wonder if 2008 isn't the last year of huge releases in that format...but we'll see what's gonna happen in the next months...

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1039 on: October 11, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »

I think cds will still be around for a while yet, at least for another few years,
but you are right when you say this will probably be the last IMPORTANT album release in cd format...

the kanye wests, 50 cents etc come and go, and they all sound the same
but everyone knows Axls signature voice, and guns n roses signature rock n roll sound..
that will last forever

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: