Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595740 times)
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1000 on: October 11, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »

That's a lot of soda's and a lot of money... Though it won't cost Dr. Pepper $1 a can but more like 25 cents. But still, it's a very expensive publicity stunt!
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1001 on: October 11, 2008, 06:54:10 AM »

That's a lot of soda's and a lot of money... Though it won't cost Dr. Pepper $1 a can but more like 25 cents. But still, it's a very expensive publicity stunt!

And I don't think every American want a can, so I guess the real cost is a few million dollars.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1002 on: October 11, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »

I am pretty sure that those free cans will be available only in Best Buy tight to CD or some other Best Buy deal. Also it would be almost impossible to keep a record of each person getting only one can... and sending it via post or similar would make expenses double at least...
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #1003 on: October 11, 2008, 07:33:18 AM »

One Question :

What is with Universal/Geffen/Interscope?Anouncment?Huh?

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
elias
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1004 on: October 11, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »

German online magazine "intro" reports that unversial confirmed them a november relase.

http://www.intro.de/news/newsticker/23050974/guns_n_roses_label_bestaetigt_chinese_democracy_kommt_noch_2008
kollemann
Rocker

« Reply #1005 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:10 AM »

German online magazine "intro" reports that unversial confirmed them a november relase.

http://www.intro.de/news/newsticker/23050974/guns_n_roses_label_bestaetigt_chinese_democracy_kommt_noch_2008

german Universal don't confirm the date....It is a rumour and a fake

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1006 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »

I am pretty sure that those free cans will be available only in Best Buy tight to CD or some other Best Buy deal. Also it would be almost impossible to keep a record of each person getting only one can... and sending it via post or similar would make expenses double at least...
Off topic - but cost would be almost nil.  Biggest cost is distribution...since you will be getting an online coupon (most likely) for a can that was already there, it will cost less than normal breakage...never mind that most will not bother, and those that do will be forced to 'register' and any $$$ lost will be recouped through sale of marketing list.  It is a brilliant piece of 'free' marketing.

They also have insurance policies for things like that...Jordan's furniture had a 'buy in march & get your furniture free if RedSox win series' promotion, I believe in '04...rumor is it cost the insurance company >10 mil.
One Question :

What is with Universal/Geffen/Interscope?Anouncment?Huh?
With the fever pitch of 'news' stories...perhaps delaying the 'official' announcement is a part of the marketing plan?  2 minute press conference results in 1 day of exposure - story becomes old news (for the media)...if they delay announcement, the stories run wild... yes
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:40:34 AM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1007 on: October 11, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »

german Universal don't confirm the date....It is a rumour and a fake
How do you know. They say that they have contacted Universal Germany and they ecplicitly confirmed a November release for germany, but no specific date.
kollemann
Rocker

« Reply #1008 on: October 11, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »

dont know about that.. but i think its funny that the myspace songs has been taken down today.. when all the rumours are floting etc..
well, who knows.. could be some tecnical problems...

It's a Myspace issue.

Everybody who's used that site knows that it doesn't always cooperate....  hihi

/jarmo

No.Myspace delete all audio/video songs from the new GNR album.No tecnical problem, only a GNR problem  Wink

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1009 on: October 11, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »

dont know about that.. but i think its funny that the myspace songs has been taken down today.. when all the rumours are floting etc..
well, who knows.. could be some tecnical problems...

It's a Myspace issue.

Everybody who's used that site knows that it doesn't always cooperate....  hihi

/jarmo

No.Myspace delete all audio/video songs from the new GNR album.No tecnical problem, only a GNR problem  Wink
MySpace has been having trouble with the new player, if you are refering to legitimate BAND posted songs (which I believe is what you were talking about since I had the same issue with GnR page)...as far as illegal content on personal pages - YouTube/Myspace have an ongoing effort to eliminate ALL audio/video which violates copywrite laws - and I am sure GnR's legal team are very active in 'assisting' them in their efforts - as soon as anything is reported it is blocked or removed.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1010 on: October 11, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »

Billboard is reporting CD wouldn't be eligible to be ranked in the Top 100 until December 1st.  Is this a full week of sales (since it's a Sunday release)?  I would like a full week of sales to see if CD can debut #1.  Do you think it will? 
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1011 on: October 11, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »

Billboard is reporting CD wouldn't be eligible to be ranked in the Top 100 until December 1st.  Is this a full week of sales (since it's a Sunday release)?  I would like a full week of sales to see if CD can debut #1.  Do you think it will? 
Well if it is released on the 23 and there are 30 days in nov that would be exactly 7 day or 1 week, minus 1 day for Thanksgiving holiday, unless the store is open that day which I doubt. Tongue

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #1012 on: October 11, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »

Well if it is released on the 23 and there are 30 days in nov that would be exactly 7 day or 1 week, minus 1 day for Thanksgiving holiday, unless the store is open that day which I doubt. Tongue

But when do the soundscan counts cut off?  I doubt on the day of rankings.  I thought that was the idea behind the Tuesday release.  To maximize sales of your album in it's debut week.  Am I wrong?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1013 on: October 11, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

I have a question about sales figures.  Best Buy has agreed to purchase a certain amount of copies.  Now I'd expect out of that there are a certain percentage that is actually distributed to stores in the first week.  So does soundscan count that amount or the actual amount purchased by consumers?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1014 on: October 11, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

Soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper, which this past spring offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GN'R members Slash and Buckethead) if GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy", were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008, has commented on the reports that the long-awaited CD is finally scheduled for release in late November.

"We're waiting to hear about 'Chinese Democracy' just like all the other GN'R fans," Dr Pepper VP of marketing Tony Jacobs told Billboard. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1015 on: October 11, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »

This has probably already been posted at some point but I talked to a few friends who r djs at different radio stations from around where I live and they all say Nov. 23 is what they have heard and yes they know that is a Sunday and not a Tuesday but that is what Best Buy and the record label is telling them...take this for what it is worth which is probably nothing, just thjought I would mention it... peace
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »

I have a question about sales figures.  Best Buy has agreed to purchase a certain amount of copies.  Now I'd expect out of that there are a certain percentage that is actually distributed to stores in the first week.  So does soundscan count that amount or the actual amount purchased by consumers?

Soundscan only counts those actually purchased by consumers.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1017 on: October 11, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »

That was my question earlier, does the first week of sales not count towards it's ranking?  I imagine that it will sell huge the first week and if that doesn't count then that sucks
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #1018 on: October 11, 2008, 04:03:24 PM »

With no single (as of yet) and only internet chatter as promotion. I doubt CD will be #1

Unless Axl's team gets off their rear and kicks this thing into gear.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1019 on: October 11, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »

With no single (as of yet) and only internet chatter as promotion. I doubt CD will be #1

Unless Axl's team gets off their rear and kicks this thing into gear.

It would be cool to hear a song on the radio.    I wonder what they have in store for us.

But I think CD will be #1 for the week it comes out, easily.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: