Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595703 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #980 on: October 10, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »

They sure know how to do it  ok

Anyone else noticed that there is no music on Guns N Roses myspace site? It could be something wrong, but there is no songs on theyr myspace player.. Hmm..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #981 on: October 10, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

Anyone else noticed that there is no music on Guns N Roses myspace site? It could be something wrong, but there is no songs on theyr myspace player.. Hmm..

or they could be putting old song up there or maybe puting few new songs that we allreaddy heard up there
Olorin
« Reply #982 on: October 10, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »

Thats odd, there was the usual selection earlier on today.

Will the gunsnroses.com site go down for a while before an announcement?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #983 on: October 10, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

I think we are just being impatient. Seriously, we will hear something within the next week to 10 days.

They aren't going to release the album with no press release etc. Remember the popping up in the store thing that was shot down of that one manager?

So, CD will be properly promoted and released, so just be patient, i have a feeling next week, All hell will break loose in the GNR world!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #984 on: October 10, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »

Thats odd, there was the usual selection earlier on today.

Will the gunsnroses.com site go down for a while before an announcement?

dont know about that.. but i think its funny that the myspace songs has been taken down today.. when all the rumours are floting etc..
well, who knows.. could be some tecnical problems...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #985 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »

dont know about that.. but i think its funny that the myspace songs has been taken down today.. when all the rumours are floting etc..

It's a Myspace issue.

Everybody who's used that site knows that it doesn't always cooperate....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #986 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »

It's a Myspace issue.

Everybody who's used that site knows that it doesn't always cooperate....  hihi

/jarmo

well, i use myspace alot, and have never seen that the song have been removed or gone in any way... Doesnt matter.. i guess your right.. Cheesy
But heres for hoping  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #987 on: October 10, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »

Almost 15 years since TSI.................

November 23rd is an interesting release date

-5th
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #988 on: October 10, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

Random question...Did Jarmo shoot down the multiple albums to be released at once rumor, ala Chinese Democracy 1-3?

Yes, Chinese Democracy is one album.

Now, I didn't say that there won't be different configurations of that release. Including possible bonus materials on bonus discs and so on.

/jarmo

I don't understand what you are saying? To me , you have said nothing. Well, they may be x,y, or z. I can say that. Do you or don't you know if there will be bonus material? A simple "yes" or "no" would do....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #989 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

Random question...Did Jarmo shoot down the multiple albums to be released at once rumor, ala Chinese Democracy 1-3?

Now, I didn't say that there won't be different configurations of that release. Including possible bonus materials on bonus discs and so on.

/jarmo

I don't understand what you are saying? To me , you have said nothing. Well, they may be x,y, or z. I can say that. Do you or don't you know if there will be bonus material? A simple "yes" or "no" would do....

it's pretty simple what Jarmo is saying, like everyone else on here he doesn't know whether there will be bonus material (as certain areas of the world could offer different packages) but isn't ruling it out at the same time.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #990 on: October 10, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »

I think including bonus material would be very smart.

everyone is fasinated with the making of this album, and I think some behind the scenes footy would motivate some people to actually purchase the CD that normally wouldnt.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #991 on: October 10, 2008, 10:51:22 PM »

/jarmo

Since you don't believe websites or webmasters anyway, why don't you ask your horse source?  rofl

Ok, it's 100% official. Nov 23rd. I just got the word...Yes, I did....Info straight from the horses mouth...not from  some webmaster or website................feel free to believe ot not..i dont care............

And FYI, newbie, if you'd taken the time to read the previous posts in this very thread, you would have seen that the "box set" rumor was already addressed:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53264.msg1106356#msg1106356

But if Admin's words are too complicated for you to understand, maybe we can find some crayons and ask him to draw you a picture.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #992 on: October 10, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »

With all these rumors stepping up and articles coming from reputable sources, GNR will pretty much be forced to make a statement either way.
oh please.  I think they'd put CD back in the vault before they'd let someone force them to do anything.

you forgot axl has 2 hardcore mangers that is well known for putting albums out Wink

no.  you're forgetting that GNR has 2 managers that know how to play hardball.  ok

Who were brought in to get an album out. This firm doesn't play around. They wouldn't have been interested in maintaining the status quo.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #993 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »

With all these rumors stepping up and articles coming from reputable sources, GNR will pretty much be forced to make a statement either way.
oh please.  I think they'd put CD back in the vault before they'd let someone force them to do anything.

you forgot axl has 2 hardcore mangers that is well known for putting albums out Wink

no.  you're forgetting that GNR has 2 managers that know how to play hardball.  ok

Who were brought in to get an album out. This firm doesn't play around. They wouldn't have been interested in maintaining the status quo.

Don't get me wrong.  It appears that Irv and Andy are doing their usual fantastic job.  I was just responding to xj220 implying that GNR is now "forced to make a statement".  I just think the GNR camp is the one in the power position.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #994 on: October 10, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »

Just watching the Chelsea Lately show.  I love this show and Chelsea is fucking Hot.  However, I was a little disapointed that they were making some dumbass remarks about Axl.  Like every news outlet, they mentioned that Best Buy had the exclusive and would be finally releasing CD on Nov. 23rd.  Then they said, Axl is looking weird, blah blah blah.  He hasn't done shit in a long time, they didn't want to go to a concert, etc.  They seemed to not be aware of the 2006 tour and 2002 for that matter.

However, here is the part that caught my attention.  Perez Hilton mentioned that he heard CD will be an instant hit because Best Buy in their agreement, is on the hook for buying 3 million copies.  That is unreal.  Perez can be a douche bag, but he usually has the inside scoop on entertainment news.  Plus, this is the first time I have heard anyone mention details like this on the Best Buy agreement.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #995 on: October 10, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »

Just watching the Chelsea Lately show.  I love this show and Chelsea is fucking Hot.  However, I was a little disapointed that they were making some dumbass remarks about Axl.  Like every news outlet, they mentioned that Best Buy had the exclusive and would be finally releasing CD on Nov. 23rd.  Then they said, Axl is looking weird, blah blah blah.  He hasn't done shit in a long time, they didn't want to go to a concert, etc.  They seemed to not be aware of the 2006 tour and 2002 for that matter.

However, here is the part that caught my attention.  Perez Hilton mentioned that he heard CD will be an instant hit because Best Buy in their agreement, is on the hook for buying 3 million copies.  That is unreal.  Perez can be a douche bag, but he usually has the inside scoop on entertainment news.  Plus, this is the first time I have heard anyone mention details like this on the Best Buy agreement.

The Eagles had a similar deal with Wal-Mart.  In exchange for the exclusive release Wal-Mart had to buy a guaranteed # of records.  This is a really smart strategy by the band/management/label because that means that not only do they get a shitload of "free" promotion from Best Buy but they essentially recoup recording costs off the bat

Given how many copies this album is going to sell internationally if they could recoup or come close to it with US sales alone, in addition to having two more albums in the can from the same recording sessions, everyone is in great shape
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

If I only had the lung capacity to scream as loud as I truly feel...  drool
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2008, 01:03:32 AM »

Ive lost my voice from all the yelling ive done out of excitement...

In just over a month, could it really be happening?
my mouth is watering as well... the anticipation im feeling is growing day by day!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2008, 01:14:48 AM »

Don't get me wrong.  It appears that Irv and Andy are doing their usual fantastic job.  I was just responding to xj220 implying that GNR is now "forced to make a statement".  I just think the GNR camp is the one in the power position.

GNR will always be in the power position, that's not what I meant by my statement.  Essentially, since a date has been thrown out and the whole Best Buy deal is in the open, unless those things are completely correct they'll have to say something.  If they let things go as is and make no statement and Nov 23 rolls around and Best Buys are empty, people won't be taking the torches and pitchforks to Billboard, but the GNR camp.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2008, 02:11:49 AM »

Dr Pepper Sticking To Its Guns (N' Roses) Soda Promise
Hilary Lewis | Oct 10, 2008 1:20 PM

drpepper.jpgEarlier this year, Dr Pepper notably announced that if Guns N' Roses finally released its 14-years-in-the-making album Chinese Democracy by the end of 2008, the beverage company would send everyone in America (with the exception of ex-guitarists Slash and Buckethead) a free can of soda. It seemed like a clever publicity stunt at the time, but we bet Dr Pepper never thought they'd actually have to stick to their promise.

Now that Chinese Democracy has been given an official release date, we wondered if Dr Pepper would follow through with its soda pledge. According to Page Six, it will.

Tony Jacobs, VP of marketing for Dr Pepper, told Page Six, "If the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

No word on how Dr Pepper actually plans to distribute all that high fructose corn syrup, but we can tell you how many cans of soda it will have to write down and what that's worth. According to the latest census figure there are 305,379,260 people in the U.S.?who knows what the cutoff date for soda eligibility is. So, at roughly $1 a can, that's $305 million worth of soda.

Good luck rationalizing that to shareholders!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: