Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595856 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #880 on: October 10, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7662833.stm

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #881 on: October 10, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »

A vinyl re-issue too? odd decision....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #882 on: October 10, 2008, 07:51:08 AM »

BBC 6 had a bulletin claiming it as fact- if you listen in they have news on the half hour. They are saying 'it has been officially announced'. Being the BBC I would have thought they have the news officially.

They got it from Billboard Magazine like they say right in the article...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #883 on: October 10, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »

i am very hungover. this could tip me over the edge. Grin
i want word from gnr before I start booking time off work so i can listen to this uninterrupted as soon as i can get it. i dont trust the nme.
ohmygod.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #884 on: October 10, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »

Keep your eye on the official site for confirmation.

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over."
-Gerald Ford

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #885 on: October 10, 2008, 08:06:08 AM »

am sure the band are as excited as we are - being this close is full-on - but I am trying to slow the fk down til its official!  having some crazy ideas about going to america for when its released - which i can neither afford nor have the holiday time from work for.  but after all these years since UYI came out, it seems a great idea right now!
 beer
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #886 on: October 10, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »

I am honestly really struggling to get excited about this.  Maybe it's all the false starts we have had before, I don't know.  I know the proposed released date is all over the place at the moment but I really need confirmation from the GN'R camp.

Hopefully it will be soon and, if so, then I am gonna go crazzzyyyy!!!

Don't Damn Me!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #887 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »

*grabs guy jumping off the fifth floor*

"Get your ass in here!

And take off those fuckin pants.  The plan is to run naked down the street.

Get with the program!"

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DemocracyRose
« Reply #888 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:05 AM »

Danish media too... ok

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/29166
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #889 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:48 AM »

It is EVERYWHERE except where it needs to be!  Again, this is just every outlet jumping on the 'billboard' train - nothing new.  They just don't want to be the only one to 'miss' the story...hopefully the story pans out, and isn't just an overzealous writer going out on a limb, with everyone following lock-step.  Note that most all are smart enough to 'qualify' their stories with "has been reported" or "XXX is reporting" - nothing offcial from BestBuy or the Band.

...patiently watching gunsnroses.com and bestbuy.com... Cool

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
wadey
Legend

« Reply #890 on: October 10, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »

thanks for the link but its still no different to what we already know or have heard.........they say the last record was TSI, so what about LIVE ERA and GH........I would say they have been told nothing official and have no official press release, thay are just covering the story to follow the other news groups so not to be left out. but thats just my opinion.........my personal opinion is that it will be released very very shortly, but like everyone else i am waiting for the official announcement and reading the "STORIES" to pass time..........

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #891 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »

I am curious to see which song is the 1st single- Shackler's or If the world?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #892 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:59 AM »

i am very hungover. this could tip me over the edge. Grin
i want word from gnr before I start booking time off work so i can listen to this uninterrupted as soon as i can get it. i dont trust the nme.
ohmygod.

Same thing here. How can you state something like 'the wait is over' when the band hasn't say anything so far?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #893 on: October 10, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »

Don't think this necessarily needs a new thread so I'll just throw it in here since this is obviously the hot topic.  I e-mailed a few friends last night, which I do anytime big news comes into play in the world of GNR.  One of them replied that they played a track off of Chinese Democracy on the local rock radio station here in CT.  He wasn't sure what song it was though.  I checked the log and thy have the song listed as Chinese Democracy.  Again, I didn't hear it myself so I'm just going on his/the websites word.  If you want to check it out, it was played Thursday 10/9/2008 at 6:09.

http://www.wccc.com/musiclog.php

Pearl Jam - Given to Fly
 Click for More Info

Thursday 6:14 PM
Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
 Click for More Info

Thursday 6:09 PM
Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy
 Click for More Info

Thursday 6:00 PM
Five Finger Death Punch - Never Enough

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:20:20 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #894 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »

the best thing to do would be Rolling Stone, Blender, and so on-Axl has a great story to tell and things seem kind of slow in the entertainment world right now-this album release would get a lot of attention, Axl hasn't talked in a long time, but now is the time if he wants the album to sell-I would go with the most radio friendly single also-it dosen't look like a tour is in the plans for now I would assume

libertad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #895 on: October 10, 2008, 09:26:06 AM »

The NY Post (newspaper) picked up on the Billboard story too.

Thirsty wait

October 10, 2008 --

AXL Rose finally caved under pressure from Dr Pepper. In March, Page Six reported the soda brand's promise to give everyone in America a free can if Guns N' Roses would release its album "Chinese Democracy" in 2008. Rose responded he looked forward to sharing his pop with guitarist Buckethead. Fans, too, should be ready to drink up, because Billboard.com reports the album, in the works for 15 years, will drop Nov. 23. Tony Jacobs, VP of marketing for Dr Pepper, told Page Six, "If the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #896 on: October 10, 2008, 09:30:07 AM »

How much does it cost to make 300 millions cans of Dr Pepper?  Shocked  Grin
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #897 on: October 10, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

looking back, the Dr Pepper thing was great-it's been mentioned everywhere-whomever brought this idea up is gonna get a big raise-I have to believe they never thought it would blow up this big

libertad
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #898 on: October 10, 2008, 09:35:18 AM »

Don't think this necessarily needs a new thread so I'll just throw it in here since this is obviously the hot topic.  I e-mailed a few friends last night, which I do anytime big news comes into play in the world of GNR.  One of them replied that they played a track off of Chinese Democracy on the local rock radio station here in CT.  He wasn't sure what song it was though.  I checked the log and thy have the song listed as Chinese Democracy.  Again, I didn't hear it myself so I'm just going on his/the websites word.  If you want to check it out, it was played Thursday 10/9/2008 at 6:09.

Pearl Jam - Given to Fly
 Click for More Info

Click for More Info

Click for More Info

They're playing the leaks.

Some of the DJ's (Raven and the guys on Picozzi's show, for example) tend to do that from time to time.  Especially during the all request hour..but not ONLY then.

I wasn't listening, so I can't say that FOR SURE...but I can say they've played them on and off since they came out.  I'd bet this was more of the same.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #899 on: October 10, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »

Pearl Jam - Given to Fly
 Click for More Info

Click for More Info

Click for More Info

They're playing the leaks.

Some of the DJ's (Raven and the guys on Picozzi's show, for example) tend to do that from time to time.  Especially during the all request hour..but not ONLY then.

I wasn't listening, so I can't say that FOR SURE...but I can say they've played them on and off since they came out.  I'd bet this was more of the same.
Oh, I wasn't saying they were playing any finished tracks.  I wasn't aware they had played any of the leaks previously.  I haven't listened to CCC in years since I got Sirius.  I thought maybe the played CD because of recent events.  I guess not though if they've played them before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: