Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 596131 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #820 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »

Since tuesdays are press release day in the US. I suspect this Tuesday could be very interesting around here.

how are tuesdays press release days? the media has press releases each and every day
Best Buy site has 'coming soon' albums listed thru 11/10...also nothing on 'exclusives' page...I would expect to see it on their site for pre-order either immediately before or concurrent with 'official' announcement, since that announcement will result in insane traffic on site - which they will obviously want to take advantage of.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #821 on: October 09, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »

A very good friend of mine called Best Buy while I was at work. They said December 3rd was what was in their system. Another store didn't have it in their system at all, but they took about 15-20 minutes to tell me they didn't have it.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
killerbee_vr6
Opening Act

The lights they shine so bright

« Reply #822 on: October 09, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008.

"We're waiting to hear about 'Chinese Democracy' just like all the other GNR fans," Dr Pepper VP of marketing Tony Jacobs tells Billboard. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

4/3/93 Sacramento
12/29/01 Las vegas
12/31/01 Las Vegas
9/20/06 SF
9/21/06 SF
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #823 on: October 09, 2008, 10:09:11 PM »

Since tuesdays are press release day in the US. I suspect this Tuesday could be very interesting around here.

aren't gnr more the friday-guys in that aspect? maybe i'm wrong, but i got the feeling that most of the last press releases came on fridays. is my memory playing tricks on me? jarmo?

"Press Release Day" is the day that the person issuing the press release damn well pleases. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is.

Axl is God.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #824 on: October 09, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

Well most announcements do seem to happen on tuesday. I hope its sooner then that tomorrow would be nice.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #825 on: October 09, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

Well most announcements do seem to happen on tuesday. I hope its sooner then that tomorrow would be nice.

i checked quickly: gnr had their last announcements on different kinds of weekdays...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:41:40 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #826 on: October 09, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »

Its looking VERY promising  peace
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #827 on: October 09, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »

i think alot of us r waiting to see if there going be a gnr press release

before we get some sleep hihi
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #828 on: October 09, 2008, 10:46:11 PM »

From Billboard

"As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

THE SET???

what does this mean my friends?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #829 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »

From Billboard

"As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

THE SET???

what does this mean my friends?

the Vynal of Appetite as well?  November 23, not too far!   beer  Finally here!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #830 on: October 09, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008.

"We're waiting to hear about 'Chinese Democracy' just like all the other GNR fans," Dr Pepper VP of marketing Tony Jacobs tells Billboard. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

Jarmo, is this now official?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #831 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:50 PM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

Is there a press release from any of the involved parties?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #832 on: October 09, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

Good point.  It looked like a press release and I have seen it on other non GNR sites....  Seemed legit.  Guess not.  What got me was the Appetite Reissue Record, thought they must know something...  hihi
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #833 on: October 09, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

that pretty much says it all... but one can be optimistic. this is pretty damn exciting. after such a long wait... it's damn exciting to be a GNR fan.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #834 on: October 09, 2008, 11:26:31 PM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

hahaha you got PTFO!!! ("pwned the fuck out"- just made it up)

Rapture
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #835 on: October 09, 2008, 11:29:12 PM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

hahaha you got PTFO!!! ("pwned the fuck out"- just made it up)

As a veteren of this site, I knew better.  I know the things to look for.  I got punked.  Jarmo loved punking me out to.  Its cool.  When did Owned turn into Pwned?  I see pwned all the time, looks like its here to stay.  haha
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #836 on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:30 PM »

It's news, but I wouldn't call it official just yet....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #837 on: October 09, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »

It's news, but I wouldn't call it official just yet....

/jarmo

true jarmo we just got wait for the gnr press release
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #838 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »

I just hope we get it soon. I am getting antsy as i'm sure everyone is.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2008, 11:42:19 PM »

"GUNS N' ROSES REACT TO ARREST"...move it, move it!

hihi

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: