Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 596122 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #800 on: October 09, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »

It's on G1, one of the best brazilian news site.

It's in portuguese, and says pretty much the same as the other reports, but it's nice to see they're using a recent photo.

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Musica/0,,MUL792393-7085,00-NOVO+ALBUM+DO+GUNS+N+ROSES+JA+TEM+DATA+DE+LANCAMENTO.html

:: vicente ::

Amazing... Thankz.

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #801 on: October 09, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

here is more hype that the media is really picking this up

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=guns+n+roses&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #802 on: October 09, 2008, 07:30:55 PM »

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916983p1.html

here is something on the release date and on If The World  ok

quote:
Having only gotten one listen (and the song is relatively short, to boot), it's hard to really nail the song and how it will fit in with the rest of Chinese Democracy, but first impressions were strong, with the strange floating funk ambiance working surprisingly well for Mr. Rose. If the rest of the album is along these lines GN'R may be back in force, albeit on a uniquely different tact.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:34:26 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #803 on: October 09, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »

Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' Finally Issued Release Date
Click here to find out when -- and where! -- the long-awaited full-length from Axl Rose and Co. will be released.
By Larry Fitzmaurice 10.09.08 9:29 AM

Axl Rose / Photo courtesy Eammon, flickr.com/people/eammonAfter a decade of waiting, waiting some more, and pretending the wait is over, the wait is, indeed, definitely, probably, possibly over. Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy, the perpetually delayed follow-up to 1991's Use Your Illusion, will be released exclusively via Best Buy Sunday, November 23, Billboard.com reports. In the U.S., new releases typically drop on Tuesday.

Borrowing equally from the innovative distribution strategies of Metallica and AC/DC, the release of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy will be preceded by two teasers: "Shackler's Revenge," which will appear in Rock Band 2, and "If the World," which will play over the end credits of the forthcoming film Body of Lies.

If you're looking for something to wash all of that down with, may we suggest a refreshing beverage?

Source: http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-finally-issued-release-date
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #804 on: October 09, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

Ok, when gunsnroses.com publish something like that, someone on the street will get hitted by my underpants  hihi  beer

thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #805 on: October 09, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »

Ok, when gunsnroses.com publish something like that, someone on the street will get hitted by my underpants  hihi  beer

geez anybody going be in the streets with him now i whould be inside hihi
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #806 on: October 09, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »

from cd.com
shadowrocker05
Just confirmed with my source at Best Buy (who was at the vendor event) that the CD is now OFFICIALLY in Best Buy's RSS system. RSS is the system they use to check inventory and product information. Chinese Democracy is listed with an official street date of November 25th, 2008. It is possible that the release will be moved up to Sunday but the one thing that is certain is that it IS being released that week and it WILL be featured in Best Buy's November 23rd ad as well as a few ads leading up to that week.

If you guys would like proof for yourselves feel free to call Best Buy or go in to a store and ask. Make sure they check in RSS and not on the website like a lot of them try to do.

i guess it ben somewhat confrimed
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #807 on: October 09, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »

So anyone called Best Buy already? rofl
Kitty (she's an user here) works for Best Buy... she would tell us if the date's already set I guess.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #808 on: October 09, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »

from cd.com
shadowrocker05
Just confirmed with my source at Best Buy (who was at the vendor event) that the CD is now OFFICIALLY in Best Buy's RSS system. RSS is the system they use to check inventory and product information. Chinese Democracy is listed with an official street date of November 25th, 2008. It is possible that the release will be moved up to Sunday but the one thing that is certain is that it IS being released that week and it WILL be featured in Best Buy's November 23rd ad as well as a few ads leading up to that week.

If you guys would like proof for yourselves feel free to call Best Buy or go in to a store and ask. Make sure they check in RSS and not on the website like a lot of them try to do.

i guess it ben somewhat confrimed

He is full of crap, I called a Best Buy a few hours ago and they had NOTHING in their system pertaining to a release date for a new GNR cd.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #809 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »

On some other GNR forums people who either work for BB or went there to talk to a manager say that it is happening. For what it is worth.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #810 on: October 09, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »

Just got off the phone with my sister in law, who works at the local best buy.

She says the Sunday date is the "rumor du jour" at work today.  Even the managers that are working are saying it's a pretty sure thing...

Here's hoping.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #811 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »

It seems like this may actually be IT.  All signs point to YES.  Too much has gone on and too many recent events for even the most negative naysayers to deny that it looks like we will get the album by years end.  Just my 2 cents, but I'm guessing by Mysteron saying that the plan is to release it on the 23rd, instead of actually confirming it may not be because it's not actually set in stone.  Even if he knew with 100% certainty that all the I's were dotted and T's were crossed I don't think it'd be his place, or Jarmo's, or anyone not IN the band or with the band management to make such an announcement.  I'm sure we'll hear something official in due time.  I find it encouraging that this latest rumor hasn't been shot down.  Even without Mysteron's confirmation, that's gotta tell you something.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #812 on: October 09, 2008, 08:49:19 PM »

It seems like this may actually be IT.  All signs point to YES.  Too much has gone on and too many recent events for even the most negative naysayers to deny that it looks like we will get the album by years end.  Just my 2 cents, but I'm guessing by Mysteron saying that the plan is to release it on the 23rd, instead of actually confirming it may not be because it's not actually set in stone.  Even if he knew with 100% certainty that all the I's were dotted and T's were crossed I don't think it'd be his place, or Jarmo's, or anyone not IN the band or with the band management to make such an announcement.  I'm sure we'll hear something official in due time.  I find it encouraging that this latest rumor hasn't been shot down.  Even without Mysteron's confirmation, that's gotta tell you something.

your cents are mine as well...  ok

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #813 on: October 09, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »

Since tuesdays are press release day in the US. I suspect this Tuesday could be very interesting around here.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #814 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »

I still want a band press release.

Not cause I dont believe mysteron or whoever. I just want to hear it from GNR the way we should hear it.

This is sooooooooooo Exciting, I can't believe we are gonna have this next month!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #815 on: October 09, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

from cd.com
Axlfreak
Today, Tony Jacobs, VP of marketing for Dr. Pepper had this to say:

"We're waiting to hear about Chinese Democracy just like all the other GNR fans. But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."

this is cool dr. pepper seem to be getting readdy
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #816 on: October 09, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »

finally!!!!!   

I am so excited!
ben9785
« Reply #817 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »

It's just getting better and better now.

A statement from the band would set it all in stone, but the news is getting around, and everything seems to be in place.

Whether its November 23 or November 25, you can't really have too much doubt now, can you?

Not to say the situation might change, but for the moment it's looking as good as its going to get
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #818 on: October 09, 2008, 09:30:48 PM »

i doubt the stores have heard anything more than rumors yet

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #819 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »

Since tuesdays are press release day in the US. I suspect this Tuesday could be very interesting around here.

how are tuesdays press release days? the media has press releases each and every day

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: