Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 596305 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #680 on: October 09, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »

I continue to try not to get over excited, but it's becoming increasingly hard not to.

One thing I do wanna point out though is that no one should get excited about the word "set" that Billboard used.

I have no info to say how many discs this is gonna be, but I just wanted to point out that they always use the word "set" when they refer to a forthcoming album whether it be 1 or several discs.

Good to know  ok  This is the only album I've really waited for, so I didn't know their normal wording. 

Still hoping for more then the one disc though lol

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #681 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »

All this chatter is very promising, but I must agree - I will believe it when BestBuy or Gn'R says it...we don't know what threshhold any of these media outlets use for 'fact' checking - or if they do it at all - they may just be 'getting their story out' to avoid being the only channel/mag/site to miss the train.  I will be sold on all this when I see it 1 of 4 places:  Gunsnroses.com, BestBuy official news, Gn'R MySpace, or Here(TGTH).

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #682 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »

Jarmo, I believe it is Azzofs people supplying the information to Billboard (official chart keeper). I believe (know) it is on the official release list now. I think all we need is a "FORMAL" announcement from the band. I know you maybe closer to some individuals, but I believe that is what is happening.

Considering they haven't announced the Best Buy deal yet either. I'm assuming everything will be in the announcement.

I'm not saying this is bullshit at all.

I'm just saying official Guns N' Roses news comes from Guns N' Roses....  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #683 on: October 09, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »

i believe this is it people, i was always a nay sayer, and of course i was always right, but now it seems cd is really coming soon.

i wonder how they'll promote it, but this looks good so far.

good work on the new management i might add. i wish we had them for the 2006 tour when the old guy got sacked!

Chinese Democracy!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #684 on: October 09, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »

as the (expected) release date is getting closer, I'm hoping for a simultaneous release world wide. something that the best buy deal could possibly prevent.
any comments?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #685 on: October 09, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »

Jarmo, I believe it is Azzofs people supplying the information to Billboard (official chart keeper). I believe (know) it is on the official release list now. I think all we need is a "FORMAL" announcement from the band. I know you maybe closer to some individuals, but I believe that is what is happening.

Considering they haven't announced the Best Buy deal yet either. I'm assuming everything will be in the announcement.

I'm just saying official Guns N' Roses news comes from Guns N' Roses....  Smiley

/jarmo

100% agree ok ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #686 on: October 09, 2008, 12:56:09 PM »

They are all just quoting what was in the original post from Hits Daily Trouble

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden
11.13.06 - 1st Mariner Arena
XX.XX.08 -

I think you may need to edit that to XX.XX.09  Grin

You're definitely right about that.  I had 07 after the 06 shows ....

The release dates seem very realistic, but again we all know nothing is set until we hear it officially from the gnr.com, jarmo or mysteron.

Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #687 on: October 09, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

A sunday release would make the people happy who think GNR can't sell an album the same day as someone else hahaha.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #688 on: October 09, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

I continue to try not to get over excited, but it's becoming increasingly hard not to.

One thing I do wanna point out though is that no one should get excited about the word "set" that Billboard used.

I have no info to say how many discs this is gonna be, but I just wanted to point out that they always use the word "set" when they refer to a forthcoming album whether it be 1 or several discs.

Good to know  ok  This is the only album I've really waited for, so I didn't know their normal wording. 

Still hoping for more then the one disc though lol

Oh me too! I just know that it's been a ritual of mine to check Billboard.com nearly daily for at least the last 8 years or so. I've got myself all worked up over that word "set" alot of times until I finally got used to what they mean by it.

I just didn't want everyone to get upset at Billboard if it's only 1 disc. Please like Jarmos saying, I'm still waiting for "officially, official" news direct from the band about the whole situation.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #689 on: October 09, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »

im waiting on official confirmation from jarmo or gunsnroses.com before I can run naked through the streets....but my pants are off.. hihi
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #690 on: October 09, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »

We need mysteron now...

He would be great, but
Lesty or Johan might be
Able to shed light

Splash

/Mike

If Target would have gotten the exclusive instead of Best Buy, then I would know exactly what is going on.  But since it appears to be Best Buy, I don't have the connections there I used to. Still, things are looking increasingly likely, and obviously...this is far closer that it has ever been in the past.
As far as the "set" goes, I too think that may have just been a synonym for "album" or "CD" as in, the "set of songs".
If Billboard had information that it was multiple discs, or a CD and DVD, they surely would have included that in their story.
The release Azoff worked out with Journey as a WalMart exclusive was 3 discs (new CD, newly recorded Greatest hits CD and DVD), but that's a completely different animal. Journey was introducing a new singer, and didn't have a fraction of the sales potential as a new GnR album. They needed to package something like that together to pique the publics interest. GnR shouldn't have to do that, although I'm sure none of us will be complaining if they do!
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #691 on: October 09, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »

im waiting on official confirmation from jarmo or gunsnroses.com before I can run naked through the streets....but my pants are off.. hihi

hihi

My birthday is in November so this would be just perfect  ok Not you naked, but getting CD!  hihi

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #692 on: October 09, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »

There's probably two versions of the album to get.  A single disc...and a box set with stickers, t-shirt, poster, picture book.  lots of artists are doing things like this now...Dylan released a box set with his new release that included a 3rd disc of bonus tracks.  (sold for $159)

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »

Billboard reports as well! Looking more credible by the minute..

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003872663

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirms to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

Now THAT sounds like additional confirmation.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »

hihi

My birthday is in November so this would be just perfect  ok Not you naked, but getting CD!  hihi

mine is Dec. 20
 smoking

I?m sure I?ll be getting at least 3 Chinese Democracy?s from friends  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »

Where do you live?   hihi  

We need more GNR fans running nake through the streets.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »

hihi

mine is Dec. 20
 smoking

I?m sure I?ll be getting at least 3 Chinese Democracy?s from friends  hihi

My birthday is the 26th November  Cheesy Cool
Mysteron where are you  Cheesy rofl

Thanks Giant Robot...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »

Mysteron where are you  Cheesy rofl
Jarmo confirming things is certainly enough. Smiley
We just need GnR's confirmation and we'll be happy, or even jarmo's confirmation. I really think the album will be released in November, but I just ain't sure before someone confirms it.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #698 on: October 09, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »

Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Will Finally Be Released November 23

Web site claims that's the day long-awaited LP will land on Best Buy shelves.

By Chris Harris

Well, it's looking more and more likely that Guns N' Roses' follow-up to 1991's Use Your Illusion albums, Chinese Democracy, will actually see the retail light of day in our lifetime.

Last month there were rumors that frontman Axl Rose had inked a deal with Best Buy allowing the chain to be the album's sole purveyor, and that GN'R's manager, Andy Gould, told 900 Best Buy employees during a Dallas convention that the LP would be on store shelves by November 25. Now comes word from Hits Daily Double (you need to register to access the site) that Interscope has arrived at a hard-and-fast, set-your-clock-to-it release date of November 23.

Although a spokesperson for Interscope had not responded to MTV News' requests to confirm the report as of press time, Hits Daily Double claims the record will drop the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, giving the record a full seven days at retail before entering the December 2 Billboard chart; typically, albums are released in the U.S. on Tuesdays.

With the site reporting a firm release date, it seems Chinese Democracy is finally imminent, but without label confirmation, the report could just be the latest in a long string of rumors. A track from the album called "If the World" accompanies the closing credits of "Body of Lies," the new thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. Plus, Guns N' Roses' song "Shackler's Revenge" appears on the new "Rock Band 2" video game.

If the report is true, then November 23 marks the end to what's been a 17-year saga, rife with broken promises, confusing delays and rock criticism punch lines. And you'd have to imagine no one could be happier about it than Rose himself. In 2006, in an online posting that promised the band would do its best to have the record ready for release that year, the frontman said that "to say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement.

"Overcoming the endless and seemingly insanity of the obstacles faced by all involved, not withstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone ? the fans, the band, our road crew and business team ? has, at many times, seemed for all like a bad dream where one wakes up only to find they are still in the nightmare, and unfortunately this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life," Rose continued. "The true ongoing behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time some form or another of legalities have been taking place that really the best way to deal with publicly was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome and especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

Despite all this, and with fans growing increasingly impatient for a taste of Chinese Democracy, Rose has still managed to tour ? successfully, at that ? as Guns N' Roses. The road to the record's release has also been littered with numerous leaks (one reportedly facilitated by former baseball catcher Mike Piazza), false starts and a number of sightings, where the singer has reportedly previewed his magnum opus for complete strangers. In 2006, Rose stopped into a New York nightclub to celebrate his 44th birthday and played 10 tracks for the club's owners and a group of friends.

MTV.com

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #699 on: October 09, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

/jarmo

I know but I also know that pr lets some information go before it is formally announced so that they are tipped off to what is going on and gain attention. I know how this stuff works. Usually you will hear something formally very soon.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: