Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 596292 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #640 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »

But their source (and I'd bet the gauntlet's is the same) is the SAME article we've already seen on Hits Daily Double.

I'm not saying it's wrong...but if the news is all from the same source, and Hits Daily Double turns out to be incorrect, it's sort of a "house of cards", ya know?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #641 on: October 09, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »

Woow! This is cool! All this came online todays?  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #642 on: October 09, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

But their source (and I'd bet the gauntlet's is the same) is the SAME article we've already seen on Hits Daily Double.

I'm not saying it's wrong...but if the news is all from the same source, and Hits Daily Double turns out to be incorrect, it's sort of a "house of cards", ya know?

As far as I understand, Hits Daily Double is an industry site and are often right about things. So I've heard other people say anyways. Is that correct?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #643 on: October 09, 2008, 09:29:24 AM »

As far as I understand, Hits Daily Double is an industry site and are often right about things. So I've heard other people say anyways. Is that correct?

It IS correct.  They ARE often right (but not always).  I'd say it's certainly a good sign, for sure!

I just wanted to point out that the ensuing articles that have been posted shouldn't be taken as "corroboration" of the initial report...they're simply picking up the article we've all seen and reporting on IT, not new information.

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #644 on: October 09, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »

yes....it is a quality industry website like Billboard.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #645 on: October 09, 2008, 09:31:41 AM »

It IS correct.  They ARE often right (but not always).  I'd say it's certainly a good sign, for sure!

I just wanted to point out that the ensuing articles that have been posted shouldn't be taken as "corroboration" of the initial report...they're simply picking up the article we've all seen and reporting on IT, not new information.

Yeah, one can easily see that all reports are sourced from the same place (since the wording is identical).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #646 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »

A Sunday release would be great...save me from using a vacation day.  And if they kept the store open at Sat. midnight we'd have quite the party.  Certainly not just another Sunday!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #647 on: October 09, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »

Yeah, one can easily see that all reports are sourced from the same place (since the wording is identical).

Yeah, makes you wonder what happened with journalism nowadays, since nobody checks anything anymore. It's just copy and paste.

:: Vicente ::

"all that anger, all that anger"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #648 on: October 09, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »

A Sunday release would be great...save me from using a vacation day.  And if they kept the store open at Sat. midnight we'd have quite the party.  Certainly not just another Sunday!
That'd be sweet.  Best Buy's aren't open 24 hours normally though right?  I think Wal-Mart's may be.  A midnight sale would be nice.  I'd be more likely to make that than a 6am, or whatever time they open.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #649 on: October 09, 2008, 09:47:01 AM »

That'd be sweet.  Best Buy's aren't open 24 hours normally though right?  I think Wal-Mart's may be.  A midnight sale would be nice.  I'd be more likely to make that than a 6am, or whatever time they open.

No, not 24 hours.

But they frequently do midnight openings for blockbuster movies, video games, etc.  Personally, I think this would qualify.

Most Best Buy's open for "regular business" between 9 and 11 AM, depending on the day of the week and the time of the year.  I'm not sure if their "holiday" hours would have kicked in by then or not.  MOST Best Buys open at 11 AM during MOST of the year on Sunday.  That goes as early as 9 AM, if I remember right (and I'll check), during the Holiday Season.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #650 on: October 09, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »

No, not 24 hours.

But they frequently do midnight openings for blockbuster movies, video games, etc.  Personally, I think this would qualify.

Most Best Buy's open for "regular business" between 9 and 11 AM, depending on the day of the week and the time of the year.  I'm not sure if their "holiday" hours would have kicked in by then or not.  MOST Best Buys open at 11 AM during MOST of the year on Sunday.  That goes as early as 9 AM, if I remember right (and I'll check), during the Holiday Season.
Ah, I didn't realize they did frequent midnight releases.  Yeah, I would think this would qualify.  If not though, I could drag myself out of bed for 9, certainly 11.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #651 on: October 09, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »

Ah, I didn't realize they did frequent midnight releases.  Yeah, I would think this would qualify.  If not though, I could drag myself out of bed for 9, certainly 11.

Just to elaborate:

It's not always EVERY store in the region that will do the midnight opening....sometimes it's only some of them, which they specifiy.

They've done it for Rock Band, GTA IV, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and some other games....some movies, some consoles (the PS3, for example).

With how big I THINK they'll push this, I suspect they might do one for CD, too...but we'll see.

Together again,
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #652 on: October 09, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date. The CD will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS manager Andy Gould reportedly told 900 Best Buy employees at "vendor convention" held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10. That news was confirmed online at film web sites whose representatives had attended a press screening of the flick. "If The World" will not appear on the film's soundtrack album.

"If The World" features the guitar work of Robin Finck and Buckethead, who have both since departed GUNS N' ROSES.

Another new GN'R song, called "Shackler's Revenge", appears on the Rock Band 2 video game.

"Chinese Democracy" has been more than 13 years in the making, with every original member of GUNS N' ROSES except for frontman Axl Rose long since gone from the lineup.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106510

//JK
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #653 on: October 09, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »

I'm liking all of things we've been hearing lately.  I'm still not really expecting anything to come out of it, but it's getting more and more solid with every independent report (not necessarily the copy/paste reports that come afterwards, though)

I'm very much hoping to hear something from the band soon, though.  We've seen promising rumors dissipate so often, that it's hard to get too excited about ANYTHING in regards to this album.

I'm hoping for a midnight release personally.   beer

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #654 on: October 09, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »

We need mysteron now...

Nov. 23 is 44 days ahead... they seems pretty sure about this date.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #655 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:49 AM »

Man something needs to be addressed soon. I hope some of these sites aren't jumping the gun. But this seems to be legit...They are, again a very trustworthy site. But I was juts like the GNR camp to say something..

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #656 on: October 09, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date. The CD will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS manager Andy Gould reportedly told 900 Best Buy employees at "vendor convention" held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10. That news was confirmed online at film web sites whose representatives had attended a press screening of the flick. "If The World" will not appear on the film's soundtrack album.

"If The World" features the guitar work of Robin Finck and Buckethead, who have both since departed GUNS N' ROSES.

Another new GN'R song, called "Shackler's Revenge", appears on the Rock Band 2 video game.

"Chinese Democracy" has been more than 13 years in the making, with every original member of GUNS N' ROSES except for frontman Axl Rose long since gone from the lineup.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106510
I hope not all of the info is correct! Tomorrow's an important day... "Body of Lies" will be out and I really expect a statement from GN'R about it.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #657 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »

i started the afd limited edition thread where duid it go?

AFC

/jarmo

What does me being a Average Frustrated Chump have to do with anything?

AFC = Appetite for Collection

It was moved to that section. Smiley

AFC = Appetite for Chinese
 hihi
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #658 on: October 09, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »

As I recall, though we've had lots of rumours of release dates before, we never had this amount of rumours, this amount of speculation, this amount of coverage by lots of different media sources and for this long before someone would make a statement claiming it all to be false.

I know we had Merck and the 13 tuesdays, but we never had at the same time official releases of two new songs, a presence of a manager at an offical retailer sales meeting, and a rumoured release date.

You know, if it looks like a cat, smells like a cat, walks like a cat... then it must be a cat!

This seems to be it, fellows.

:: Vicente ::

"all that anger, all that anger"
Annie
« Reply #659 on: October 09, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »

I'll be there at midnight! Cool
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: