Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595899 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #600 on: October 08, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

it says genre, "pop"  rofl

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #601 on: October 08, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »

POP is better than Hair Metal...

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #602 on: October 08, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »

i started the afd limited edition thread where duid it go?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #603 on: October 08, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »

AFC

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #604 on: October 08, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »

Please tell me we're not gonna get wall of silence treatment...

normally I'd be excited, but I'm more anxious based on previous years! :-S

here's hoping....

Back In Power
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #605 on: October 08, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »

here's hoping....

Normally I would be pissed off already with this stupid silence. BUT, for some reason, i am starting to think that IN THIS CASE, no news really is good news. Look, any time one of these rumors started in the past (ie: reality show), the band would say nothing. But, when it starting getting some legs and some mags were reporting it, the mgt came out and squashed it. I could see Axl not really giving a shit if nov 25th comes and goes and nothing happens, but he has some REALLY good mgt with him now. Do you know how many magazines, and news blogs, are reporting this? I think the mgt would have some kind of obligation just to come out and say "that is not happening, we dont know where or why it is spreading" But they have not.  Now i am not saying it is coming out, but i truly believe something big is happening
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #606 on: October 08, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »

here's hoping....

Normally I would be pissed off already with this stupid silence. BUT, for some reason, i am starting to think that IN THIS CASE, no news really is good news. Look, any time one of these rumors started in the past (ie: reality show), the band would say nothing. But, when it starting getting some legs and some mags were reporting it, the mgt came out and squashed it. I could see Axl not really giving a shit if nov 25th comes and goes and nothing happens, but he has some REALLY good mgt with him now. Do you know how many magazines, and news blogs, are reporting this? I think the mgt would have some kind of obligation just to come out and say "that is not happening, we dont know where or why it is spreading" But they have not.  Now i am not saying it is coming out, but i truly believe something big is happening

That's an interesting point.  They have recently used the official site to quash some rumors that had gotten out of control and were untrue.  But, now, after all the press, which the band and management are undoubtedly aware of, they are silent.  They are silent when they have shown in the past a propensity to not remain silent on untrue rumors.  Interesting point.

Ali
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #607 on: October 08, 2008, 05:42:30 PM »

Honestly, you could interpret anything that happens (or doesn't happen) how you want.  Things are looking good, especially since we have "official" releases, however I wouldn't get any hopes up too high until we see official word from the band itself.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #608 on: October 08, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »

here's hoping....

I doubt Axl will tell us anything unless it's concrete.   And I don't blame him one bit.   The way that the general fan population will latch onto the most obscure rumour and run with it as fact, it's not surprising.   And of course the gross misunderstanding of the whole "tentative" thing.  I'm sure we'll hear soon enough as it firms up.  But for Axl to say "We're tentatively going to release it via a Best Buy exclusive on Nov 25th".  I don't see that happening.  Look what happened last time.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #609 on: October 08, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »

I'm assuming news will be this Friday to tie in with the release of the new film Body of Lies......
assuming there is any news to report at all-there was never anything anounced by the band, or bands management and all these reports are 3rd hand at best-even the Body of Lies news

you are wrong there, it is up on pitmans myspace site and I am pretty sure Del confirmed it aswell somewhere...

I'll give you body of lies; but Best Buy is rumors
ben9785
« Reply #610 on: October 08, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »

I think once everything is locked in, they'll just make one announcement confirming Best Buy exclusive, release date, and any other details about a single etc.

Since a major distribution deal is already in place, all they need to do is get the word out, and that can certainly be done closer to the date, assuming November 25 is the targeted date. Even one or two weeks before the release date, they can hit us out of nowhere with promo, interviews etc.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #611 on: October 08, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »

I'm assuming news will be this Friday to tie in with the release of the new film Body of Lies......
assuming there is any news to report at all-there was never anything anounced by the band, or bands management and all these reports are 3rd hand at best-even the Body of Lies news

you are wrong there, it is up on pitmans myspace site and I am pretty sure Del confirmed it aswell somewhere...

Andy Gould went to the Best Buy convention.

Your negativity is astounding. Anything from trying to shoot down positive news to trying to discredit the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #612 on: October 08, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »

No he didn't, the audio tape of him playing songs and talking was clearly fake. The music was clearly not Gnr either....and was clearly NOT different from the leaks a while ago. Everything in Gnr land is completely made up. Unbelievable. hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #613 on: October 08, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

I have no doubt that it will be out the week of Thanksgiving, whether it be on November 25th, or the 28th. The Best Buy manager I spoke with was at the convention and was assured that CD is on the way.

I don't know much about how songs get leaked on to the web, but I have heard that once a label sets a release date for an album, it almost inevitably gets leaked before the street date. Delaying the official announcement is probably just a way for management to keep the record from ending up online well in advance of it's actual release.

I kind of also expect a different strategy for promoting the CD's release. Maybe a Best Buy commercial will air that announces the release date, or perhaps even a trailer could be attached to a film in the theater (Body Of Lies, anyone?) Whatever the case, I wouldn't expect a conventional promotion toward one of the most anticipated projects in history.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2008, 08:32:52 PM »

Andy Gould went to the Best Buy convention.

Your negativity is astounding. Anything from trying to shoot down positive news to trying to discredit the band.

/jarmo

just waiting for an announcement from the band, management, or best buy.....nothing negative about that..........and discredit the band, again, not true...........just wondering who's in the band?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #615 on: October 08, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »

and discredit the band, again, not true...........

What happened to your reply about how it's not a band when I showed you that every GN'R album has had songs co-written by people who weren't in the band?

I guess the old "let's ignore it and pretend I didn't see it" attitude works well for you.

No, you're not negative at all.

Your user name alone spells it out for everyone to see what you're about.

Plus the fact that you discredit anything positive and just keep posting your one liners.

Now, what are you gonna say in defense of your "these are all rumors" post?

Are you gonna ignore that you've been proven to be wrong or are you gonna admit that you were in fact wrong?

Let's see....

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: October 08, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »

I'll be excited when there's a release date announced by the band, their managment or best buy........and whne I can hold a copy of CD

Shacklers Revenge is only officially available if you pay 300$ for a video game system

and If the world is availble for 90 seconds that you have to sit thru 2hours of a movie

that's great their getting the music out, really it is, but this story about best Buy's been floating around for what, about a month or so......the fucking US Congress got together on a $700Bil bailout deal for wall street quicker than this "deal', and there are far more differences between political parties and that deal is far more intricate than an  promotional considerations for an album release-now it's approaching the middle of october and still no announcement from anyone......believe me, i'd love to walk down to the best buy and pick up CD----but there's been way to many false alarms and delays for me to be anything but sceptical until it's out----sorry i don't share your blind optimism and devotion-I was psyched when this story first broke, but it's been over a month and no announcement confirming the best buy deal, or no release date announced.......and where is this footage of andy gould at the best buy convention-I was looking thru best buy news, online reports, and contacted their investor relations and got nothing back

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #617 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N? Roses? long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy?s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Interesting tidbit. From what I heard it's a solid site too.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #618 on: October 08, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N? Roses? long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy?s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Interesting tidbit. From what I heard it's a solid site too.

HOLLY SHIT!
So now what? this is for real??

wake up that modafucka WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM?s webmaster !
 hihi

tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #619 on: October 08, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »

AFC

/jarmo

What does me being a Average Frustrated Chump have to do with anything?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: