Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565285 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »

So what about the countries without any BB's?
Youze are shit outta luck.  Tongue

Been asked and answered about a gazzillion times in this thread  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2008, 02:33:22 PM »

But you still had the time to write that. Not the answer though..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2008, 02:50:52 PM »

Apply reason and you can probably reach the answer yourself.

Consider the options,

I) A country does not have a Best Buy, so the album isn't sold in that country,

or...

Come on now!, you're a man of science and logic.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »

Man, I hope we get an announcement soon.  I know the situation is MUCH different this time around, but as we get nearer and nearer to 11/25, I can't help but be reminded of the dwindling months of 2006 when we were counting the Tuesdays thanks to Merck's big mouth.  We're already into October and we're banking on the album coming out next month?  I dunno.  Sounds unlikely at this point.  Of course, I could be eating my words if some kind of announcement is made this week at some point, cuz seriously what do any of us, with very few exceptions, really know what's possible when it comes to GNR.  We'll see, I'm still trying to stay optimistic about this year.
overmatik
« Reply #404 on: October 03, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »

The most probable thing to happen is that this exclusive thing with Best Buy will be only in USA, just like the Eagles thing. Here in Brazil we can buy the album in any store. CD must profit, this BB thing is just promotion, they need the fuckin' money badly! Cheesy

I mean, is anyone concerned about not being able to buy it? Give me a break! rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2008, 02:54:57 PM »

Everything should be ready to go in the next 2 weeks and this is gonna be one of the most exciting times EVER!

I am almost certain we  get an announcement in the next 2 weeks!Body Of Lies comes out October 10th.

I guarantee that following  Monday/Tuesday we get the OFFICIAL first single and Release.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »

That new AC/DC album is released exclusively through Walmart in the USA. Will you be able to get it at your local store?

Imagine a similar scenario for GN'R.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »

The other nice "perk" for GnR in this whole thing is that it DRASTICALLY reduces the chance for an early leak.  It would HAVE to leak from production, unlike Death Magnetic which leaked because it arrived at retail early.  If it arrives at BB early....I don't think it's gonna leak.  Not from them.  Sealed cartons, possible lock and key, and a HUGE big box retailer as a single source really narrow the pipeline.

And GnR have tried to be pretty protective of their material.  I think this helps them in that deptartment.

Does that mean I should go get a job at the local best buy just incase it arrives early?  I wouldn't care if I got fired from there...

Fired could be the least of your worries. I worked there for a year back in 00'-01' and saw police involved in two seperate incidents involving employees breaking street dates on products. They take them very seriously, and would think that something like CD would be even more serious... I remember one of the products being a ICP DVD (who the fuck would take the time to break that street date).

Granted they have changed SOP in the last 8 years, but when they recieved media like this early it was locked in a large cage that only the merch, media, sales, and store managers had access to.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:11:56 PM by C0ma » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »

cause you say so?  hihi

No, because it is a fact. Believe what you want, I am just happy as a pig in shit because I now know as a fact that the Best Buy deal is done, period. So will you soon enough even if you don't take my word for it.

Based on past experience and news stories, I will wait till there is an official announcement
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

cause you say so?  hihi

No, because it is a fact. Believe what you want, I am just happy as a pig in shit because I now know as a fact that the Best Buy deal is done, period. So will you soon enough even if you don't take my word for it.

Based on past experience and news stories, I will wait till there is an official announcement

"Waiting for the daaaaayyyy...."  hihi
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #410 on: October 03, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »

Apply reason and you can probably reach the answer yourself.

Consider the options,

I) A country does not have a Best Buy, so the album isn't sold in that country,

or...

Come on now!, you're a man of science and logic.

Phone a friend??

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
cdogg
Opening Act

Potato

« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »

I've been a member here for years and years, and have been checking in every few months to get an update.  This is the first time I've felt confident the album was actually going to come out!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2008, 04:45:25 PM »

How much notice do they usually give a CD before the release date?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GeraldFord
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »

Two months, right?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »

Two months, right?

Actually that number was given to gauge time between the record being turned in and hitting the shelves.

Ali
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »

If a deal is done an anoucement could be comming soon. The announcement may first be made to Best Buy Employees. Which could happen as early as tomorrow if they still run things like they did 8 years ago. The first Saturday of every month was the "Saturday Morning Meeting" those typically included some team building games, awards (employee of the month, sales person of the month), then they watch a video sent down by corporate that gives their monthly objectives etc...

If they landed a major deal or bought a new company that would be brought up in that meeting.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: October 03, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »

I'd heard something like 9th person months ago (I'm not going to say what because I'm not trying to start rumors or speculation and like I said I heard it so far removed from the person I have no ability to vouch for its truthfulness) that at first I didn't believe and then there was Shackler's, Best Buy rumblings, and finally Body of Lies and this.  It really leads me to believe that the album is coming soon and there's gotta be some little contractual detail that's not happening.  

I gotta agree with whoever posted it above that this is starting to feel like the x Tuesdays left in the year thing.  I'd love for GNR to make some sort of statement.  I'm sure they're just waiting to cement a date, and possibly more (planning a big advertising launch to coincide with the official word?) after Axl had named the date that never came.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if things were kept under wraps until two weeks before - or even the week of - the actual release.  Think of how many artists have done "surprise" or early releases to combat full-album leaks prior to the previously set release date.  The fact that it looks to be a retailer-exclusive album would make the scenario that much easier to pull off.  That said, the first thing I do when I get home every day is check gunsnroses.com for news.  I can't wait until the official announcement hits.  These are good times, my friends.   beer
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »

That new AC/DC album is released exclusively through Walmart in the USA. Will you be able to get it at your local store?

/jarmo

I thought Eagles (I believe the album is 'waste of time and money') were Walmart and AC/DC was Target?  BestBuy for Metallica?  I am so confused...I just want to be able to buy them all at the same damn store - the good old days!  I have not bought a new CD since last Christmas...was hoping to get 3 when I drove all the way to BestBuy for ChiDem.

edit: Not so confused anymore (thanks to following post)...but thoroughly impressed with ACDC & Metallica websites...GnR take note! ok
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:59:32 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »

/jarmo

I thought Eagles (I believe the album is 'waste of time and money') were Walmart and AC/DC was Target?  BestBuy for Metallica?  I am so confused...I just want to be able to buy them all at the same damn store - the good old days!  I have not bought a new CD since last Christmas...was hoping to get 3 when I drove all the way to BestBuy for ChiDem.

Eagles = Wallmart (and definitely not a waste of tome and money)
AC/DC = Wallmart
Metallica = not exclusive

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: