Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565284 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »

The other nice "perk" for GnR in this whole thing is that it DRASTICALLY reduces the chance for an early leak.  It would HAVE to leak from production, unlike Death Magnetic which leaked because it arrived at retail early.  If it arrives at BB early....I don't think it's gonna leak.  Not from them.  Sealed cartons, possible lock and key, and a HUGE big box retailer as a single source really narrow the pipeline.

And GnR have tried to be pretty protective of their material.  I think this helps them in that deptartment.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »

I hope we see a dvd included in the package with proshot footage from the 06/07 tours. I can't see how anyone could stay away from a GnR concert having seen the sort of show they continue to put on.

They were supposedly filming the Hammerstein shows for a DVD.  I'd LOVE to see those shows included in any bonus material.

Smiley

That would be amazing. Hopefully they got a shot of my brother passed out wasted on the floor of the Hammerstein waiting for GNR to come on. He came alive when they arrived though, what a night!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »

The other nice "perk" for GnR in this whole thing is that it DRASTICALLY reduces the chance for an early leak.  It would HAVE to leak from production, unlike Death Magnetic which leaked because it arrived at retail early.  If it arrives at BB early....I don't think it's gonna leak.  Not from them.  Sealed cartons, possible lock and key, and a HUGE big box retailer as a single source really narrow the pipeline.

And GnR have tried to be pretty protective of their material.  I think this helps them in that deptartment.

Yeah, but that's for the US. Here in Europe the album will be sold in any record store (or so we presume). If the European, Asian, ... release date is the same as the US date then copies will have to arrive here a few days or maybe a week before the actual release date. It's impossible to prevent any leaks but one week won't hurt the sales too much.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2008, 10:15:03 AM »

Yeah thats a good point. Am I alone in hoping that most of the material is new to me? I mean, I know I'm a downloading motherfucker and if I spoiled the surprise I have no one to blame but myself, but best case scenario to me is all new material I haven't heard. I'm happy with the live versions and demos of the new stuff I have, though I would like to hear a finished version of the Blues. No need for Shackler's or OMG on the album as theyve been released elsewhere, so save the room for other tracks. The more the better.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »

Yeah, but Death Magnetic leaked from a retailer in Europe.  So the Best Buy deal in the States would do nothing to prevent that with CD.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »

Yeah, Vegas 01/01/01 was also filmed supposedly to be released on DVD Cheesy I think I ordered it like 3-4 times on different websites some years ago Grin

In my opinion, if there was to be a bonus DVD with the CD, that'd be some live footages from the 2006-7 tour. Just a guess though !

The acoustic show in London was also filmed with 2 pro cameras, so some footage from that show might end up somewhere for the public to enjoy (hopefully...)...  Grin

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

Yeah, but Death Magnetic leaked from a retailer in Europe.  So the Best Buy deal in the States would do nothing to prevent that with CD.

True...but it will at least lessen the opportunity.  Sure, it could come from a Euro source (like DM) but it will limit the TOTAL number of possible sources worldwise.  See what I'm saying.

I also wonder if they'll give BB a week head start (or 6 days, or 4 days if it comes out on Friday the 28th) on Europe.

Together again,
suicide
VIP

« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »

I also wonder if they'll give BB a week head start (or 6 days, or 4 days if it comes out on Friday the 28th) on Europe.

If they give Best Buy a head start in the US the album will leak to the rest of the world.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #388 on: October 03, 2008, 11:19:02 AM »

If they give Best Buy a head start in the US the album will leak to the rest of the world.

I'd say it's going to leak early regardless.  Hopefully not too early though.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #389 on: October 03, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »

Yup, I'm thinking more in terms of "exclusivity" and less in terms of leaking on that one.

IF they release on a Tuesday, the 25th for example, I expect Europe probably will get it on Monday the 24th.  I don't think they'll make Europe wait a week..but maybe.

IF they release it on Friday, the 28th for example, I think they may make Europe wait until Monday the 1st.

We'll see.

Together again,
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #390 on: October 03, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

In the Netherlands and I believe in some other European countries albums come out on a Friday.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: October 03, 2008, 12:32:43 PM »

If it leaks then how are people gonna get the goodies that will come with the package Huh Wink 
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2008, 12:49:40 PM »

Here's a question. This is being reported by all sorts of sources, some usually reliable, some not. If this deal with Best Buy is really going to happen, why hasn't the GNR camp announced it yet. It's been swirling around for a couple of weeks now. Why no announcement on the GNR website?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #393 on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »

Here's a question. This is being reported by all sorts of sources, some usually reliable, some not. If this deal with Best Buy is really going to happen, why hasn't the GNR camp announced it yet. It's been swirling around for a couple of weeks now. Why no announcement on the GNR website?

Maybe because the detail you want to know about hasn't been finalized?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #394 on: October 03, 2008, 01:33:19 PM »

/jarmo

I agree. They won't say a word until a release date is agreed upon. Best Buy is not going to announce an agreement and then say, "We'll get back to you on when it will actually come out."

Once everything is set in stone, it will get announced. And if Nov. 25th is really the date being pushed for, we'll know very soon just because of the time table.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

I am connecting some pretty loose dots here, but, I believe delay in announcement is a result of disagreement over other than first Chinese Democracy album.  Confusion and contradiction (at Best Buy) about 'multiple CD' package, with all the Baz statements, causes me to believe that Best Buy has purchased distribution rights to 3 albums, and perhaps they are hammering down a release timetable.  Could BB be trying to sway Axl/Gnr to 'swing away' with all 3 immediately or in rapid succession (2-6 months apart)?

Just a theory - again, some pretty loose dots to connect.  I will be glad to just get one album - soon.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
suicide
VIP

« Reply #396 on: October 03, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »

/jarmo
Do you think Best Buy was allowed to announce the exclusive deal? I know they didn't announce it to the public but they must have known that by giving this kind of information to a very large group of 'insiders' the information would spread.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: October 03, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »

Does that mean I should go get a job at the local best buy just incase it arrives early?  I wouldn't care if I got fired from there...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #398 on: October 03, 2008, 02:28:45 PM »

So what about the countries without any BB's?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #399 on: October 03, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

Regular distribution and sales on the stores, I think.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: