Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566102 times)
ben9785
« Reply #360 on: October 02, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »

I'm probably repeating myself here, but anyway..again..

We can be sure now that Best Buy have a deal to release the album. Even though we haven't got official confirmation as yet, Andy Gould wouldn't have attended their convention and previewed songs from the album for people "outside the label" if they weren't interested.

They obviously haven't completed all the details of the deal, the most important of which being the release date, but we can be confident that not only is the album completed, but that there is a distribution path locked in to get it out to the public. We don't know when exactly we will get it right now, but we know plans are surely in place to get it out.

So.. I have no doubt we'll get official word once the deal is finalized.

And the official confirmation we get will include a release date.
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: October 02, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »

Just ask somebody at your local BB.  I asked today and he told me what could about the meeting.  He was there.  Heard the tracks.  And that is coming late November.  All I did was ask the question.

CMP
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #362 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

From Variety...

Music biz in a quandary

Huge Q4 needed to stay in tune with ?07

Oct. 1, 2008

The big-box retailers have for the last several years used exclusive releases to pull in consumers, and if Best Buy can get Guns N? Roses? "Chinese Democracy" into its outlets before Dec. 1, it may have one of the most lucrative draws of the holiday season to itself. If it?s released prior to Dec. 23 ? rumors are focusing on Thanksgiving week ? the move will be among the important factors in whether the business can curtail its drop from last year to single percentage points.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117993203.html?categoryid=18&cs=1

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2008, 12:38:30 AM »

the deal its for the U.S, what will happen with other countries? we will get it in normal stores?
ben9785
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

the deal its for the U.S, what will happen with other countries? we will get it in normal stores?

Yeah rest of the world would get it in general music retail outlets.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2008, 12:54:42 AM »

Fringe relevance....

AC/DC: 'Black Ice' Vinyl Goes Exclusive To Indies In U.S. - Oct. 2, 2008
According to Australia's Undercover News, stores across America have reached a happy compromise over AC/DC's exclusive deal with Wal-Mart. Independent outlets will now have the exclusive vinyl release of the new AC/DC album, "Black Ice", and the 7" vinyl release of the single "Rock N' Roll Train" backed with "War Machine".

AC/DC has extended its trek across North America by adding sixteen more shows to its Black Ice World Tour. Newly added dates begin on December 20, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and wrap up on January 31, 2009 in Nashville, TN. The tour kicks off on October 28, 2008 in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

18 Black Ice World Tour concerts sold out in record time when tickets went on sale for the initial round of on-sales, with shows being added in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Oakland due to unprecedented fan demand.

"Black Ice" will arrive on October 20 and will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and ACDC.com in the U.S.

AC/DC was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. The band has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, including 69 million in the U.S. alone.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106091

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2008, 02:09:17 AM »

ERRRRRRRRRRR....I want an annoucement so bad!  Anything on the release date!
gav
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2008, 02:59:07 AM »

Facts:

Andy Gould played songs at the Best Buy convention.

If The World will be in Body Of Lies.

Chinese Democracy has no officially announced release date at this moment. November is a possibility.

/jarmo

I love reading into things and I'm probably wrong here, but surely the fact the there is no officially announced release date could mean that there is a release date that is being targeted, it just hasn't been declared officially?

If I'm right, let's just hope the CD is here for Thanksgiving!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2008, 03:01:34 AM »

Unless somebody like Tesco's get an exclusive deal in the UK, its happened with other acts, so don't take it as read that general music outlets will get the gig.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
ben9785
« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2008, 03:25:38 AM »

Unless somebody like Tesco's get an exclusive deal in the UK, its happened with other acts, so don't take it as read that general music outlets will get the gig.

Ok, well for the time being unless any other deals come to light, we can assume it will be released in general music stores outside of US
suicide
VIP

« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2008, 04:34:14 AM »

Do you think GN'R already signed it's contract with Best Buy? Otherwise, since some 'details' like the release date still have to be negotiated the deal could still get cancelled. Or isn't it necessary to put these details in the contract? And hey, I'm just asking, not implying anything!
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2008, 04:57:15 AM »

Does anyone have any knowledge when it comes to printing/manufacturing CD's and DVD's  ??

If the nov.25th is gonna happen, shouldn't the album be at some factory right now?

Since the entire album hasn't leaked, I don't think it has gotten there yet...  Undecided

Stavanger-rock-city!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2008, 05:22:07 AM »

Does anyone have any knowledge when it comes to printing/manufacturing CD's and DVD's  ??

If the nov.25th is gonna happen, shouldn't the album be at some factory right now?

Since the entire album hasn't leaked, I don't think it has gotten there yet...  Undecided

I don't think you can assume that it isn't yet. I wouldn't assume its gonna leak just cause its at the manfacturing plant. Look at Metallica's new album it didn't leak until it was released early at a store in europe. You can only imagine how tightly they are trying to make sure this thing doesn't leak. I would imagine very few people have access to it.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2008, 06:10:06 AM »

I don't think you can assume that it isn't yet. I wouldn't assume its gonna leak just cause its at the manfacturing plant. Look at Metallica's new album it didn't leak until it was released early at a store in europe. You can only imagine how tightly they are trying to make sure this thing doesn't leak. I would imagine very few people have access to it.

Death Magnetic leaked at least a week before release.....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2008, 06:12:10 AM »

Death Magnetic leaked because a french store (in Paris) sold the album a week before the release date.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2008, 06:17:51 AM »

Exactly so we can't assume its not at a manufacturing plant.
gav
« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2008, 07:10:23 AM »

Do you think GN'R already signed it's contract with Best Buy? Otherwise, since some 'details' like the release date still have to be negotiated the deal could still get cancelled. Or isn't it necessary to put these details in the contract? And hey, I'm just asking, not implying anything!

My suspicions are that it's a done deal.

The release date IMO is pencilled in, and pending no fuck ups it will be fulfilled.

The question is, to prevent further leaks, when will Jo Public be informed......my guess is not for a while yet
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2008, 07:13:56 AM »

Can't be too much of awhile. The rumored date is less than 2 months away. If the date is infact november 25th i would expect to hear something definitive in the next two weeks or so.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »

I hope we see a dvd included in the package with proshot footage from the 06/07 tours. I can't see how anyone could stay away from a GnR concert having seen the sort of show they continue to put on.

They were supposedly filming the Hammerstein shows for a DVD.  I'd LOVE to see those shows included in any bonus material.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:58 AM »

Yeah, Vegas 01/01/01 was also filmed supposedly to be released on DVD Cheesy I think I ordered it like 3-4 times on different websites some years ago Grin

In my opinion, if there was to be a bonus DVD with the CD, that'd be some live footages from the 2006-7 tour. Just a guess though !

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: