Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:40:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567051 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »

she conceded the exact date had not been set.

Which is exactly what Billboard and the NY Times said.

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

False!

/jarmo

Just curious, how do you know it is false?
 peace

I asked.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »

so the "out no later than thanksgiving" part is true?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
GNRFAN20
« Reply #302 on: October 01, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »

yeah just the three album part is false
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2008, 10:11:12 AM »

so the "out no later than thanksgiving" part is true?
No.  Obviously, that part won't be true until something is officially announced by the band and/or best buy.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #304 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:51 AM »

3 Discs and 3 albums are two different things.. who knows what will happen.. all i care about right now is the ONE disc called Chinese Democracy  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
suicide
VIP

« Reply #305 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

she conceded the exact date had not been set.

Which is exactly what Billboard and the NY Times said.

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

False!

/jarmo

Just curious, how do you know it is false?
 peace

I asked.  Smiley

/jarmo

So no bonus stuff either? Oh well, doesn't matter, at least we'll have THE album by the end of the year...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:32 AM »

I only said that this was false:

Regarding what format(s) the release will be in and possible bonus materials, we'll have to wait for details on that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »

So I know we have not heard anything official but after speaking with best buy this monrning I was told that CD will be on the shelves sometime in november and that is in fact 2 disks. wehter its two albums of music or n album and a dvd im not sure but i got the same asnwer from 2 seperate stores.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINN0150340520081001?rpc=44

I wouldn't be surprised if there is going to be a promotion pushed between Guns N' Roses/Best Buy/Napster/and several other bands once the acquisition is complete.  The tender offer was started on Sept 26 and expires on Oct 24. 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Retailer Best Buy has been given antitrust approval to buy digital music service Napster, the Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday.

Napster and Best Buy, a leading CD seller with a small digital presence, are betting that the deal will give them a better chance against Apple's dominant iTunes, which has more than 70 percent of the market.

The FTC announced the deal's approval in a listing that the agency puts out several times a week.

Best Buy offered $2.65 per Napster share, valuing the deal at $121 million when it was announced in mid-September.

The original Napster helped set the digital music market in motion in the late 1990s with a free music sharing service, which was shut down following a lawsuit filed by the music industry. The brand name was bought and resurrected as a legal digital subscription service.

(Reporting by Diane Bartz; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:23:25 PM by stvyrayvhn » Logged
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »

I hope we see a dvd included in the package with proshot footage from the 06/07 tours. I can't see how anyone could stay away from a GnR concert having seen the sort of show they continue to put on.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »

I hope we see a dvd included in the package with proshot footage from the 06/07 tours. I can't see how anyone could stay away from a GnR concert having seen the sort of show they continue to put on.
I agree I saw the show in Worcester and was pretty much blown away.  I thought it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.  I've seen Guns once with the original, once with Bucket, and once with Bumble.  I thought the Bumblefoot show was the best show I've ever seen GN'R play. 

Just to throw this out there, I've seen 100's of different bands play.  Janes Addiction, GN'R (with Bumblefoot), and Sebastian Bach (at the same show as GN'R with Bumble) standout as being the best I've seen.  I tend to get very bored at concerts...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

It feels so good to be a GN'R fan these days... One that stuck with the band through all the fuckin shit... smoking

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

Just throwing this out there about the rumored release date of 11/24.  I just looked at Best Buys release schedule and most CD's that are scheduled to be released around that time are for 11/25 not 11/24.  There is one CD that I noticed on 11/24 though.

-Larry
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2008, 04:08:38 PM »

I forgot to post the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&initialize=false&sp=-streetdate+skuid&nrp=50&iht=n&list=y&sc=musicSP&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~ccat02001%23%230%23%235cvq~~nf10||4675747572652052656c65617365204461746573&usc=cat02001&ks=960&st=processingtime%3A%3E1900-01-01&cp=2&_requestid=82742
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »

It feels so good to be a GN'R fan these days... One that stuck with the band through all the fuckin shit... smoking

i dont think it feels great yet..... the wheels are just starting to turn, very slowly. as soon as we have a single, a video, an album and some interviews...we can all bask in what it feels like to support a productive band. Personally i cant wait for that to happen...

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2008, 04:21:44 PM »

Indeed

wel said i feel the same .. ok

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:29:32 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

i dont think it feels great yet..... the wheels are just starting to turn, very slowly. as soon as we have a single, a video, an album and some interviews...we can all bask in what it feels like to support a productive band. Personally i cant wait for that to happen...

As he said, "through all the fucking shit".

Some have supported the band unconditionally through it all.

/jarmo

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »

^^^

true.

there has been a lot of silence to endure, and i think that the majority of us have been waiting for an album of new material most of our lives, (AFD was the first CD i ever owned, i was 6 yearsm old and my old man got it for me as a present), so i've waited patiently (and impatiently) just as long as everyone else. So, i agree it will be nice for the fans and gnr to stick 2 fingers up at the media, and everyone else who has made fun of the band for so long

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
newguns08
Opening Act

« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »

Oh well, been here for a while as a visitor, but now posting for the first time:

I really hope they do a midnight release or something of that sort here in Brazil as well...

I mean, Guns is huge here, and it would be cool, after patiently waiting for 10 years, to buy CD as a special occasion (it will be special anyway...).

Let's enjoy it: this magical mistery ride is getting over!!!!

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2008, 04:52:11 PM »

Oh well, been here for a while as a visitor, but now posting for the first time:

I really hope they do a midnight release or something of that sort here in Brazil as well...

I mean, Guns is huge here, and it would be cool, after patiently waiting for 10 years, to buy CD as a special occasion (it will be special anyway...).

Let's enjoy it: this magical mistery ride is getting over!!!!

GN'R are not going to leave out parts of the world.  There's too much money to lose... 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: