Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:32:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565558 times)
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »

the biggest problem with message forums is, we don't understand or realize that we make up a tiny tiny very meniscule percentage of the GNR fan.

There are probably people out there just as die hard and huge of GNR fans as us who just don't spend all day talking about it on a message forum.

I didn't join this place till 2003 but I was just as big a GNR fan than the most diehard on this forum.

There are roughly 20k hardcore Internet GNR fans. so think about it, if only 20k have heard those songs and we'd buy a CD of Axl doing Gregorian Chants with no accompaniment, They aren't changing tracklists etc due to that.

Very true. I have lots of friends who are huge GNR-fans, but they don't hang around in net-forums. Hell, I've been a fan myself since 1994 but I only have about 80 posts ! And this is the only GNR-fansite where I spend time...

I hope world accepts Chinese Democracy. New songs are very good and after all this time and all the shit the band & especially Axl have received, it would be so sweet album became a success  Grin
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »

Been away all weekend with no internet access and I'm just freaking right now!  I am imagining myself outside Best Buy waiting for the doors to open, getting into the store and nervously looking for the CD display...its going to be an amazing event...what a journey!  Looking forward to hearing the official word and release date.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »

Been away all weekend with no internet access and I'm just freaking right now!  I am imagining myself outside Best Buy waiting for the doors to open, getting into the store and nervously looking for the CD display...its going to be an amazing event...what a journey!  Looking forward to hearing the official word and release date.

i'm sure you'll be able to find the display of hundreds of cd's right in the front of the store. lmao.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »

<------rubbing eyes making sure I am awake..........Is this real?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »

<------rubbing eyes making sure I am awake..........Is this real?

we think so  confused

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
DemocracyRose
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »

Well, when can we? This week or next, if its going to happen this year...

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »

Well, when can we? This week or next, if its going to happen this year...

whenever plans are finalized?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2008, 04:34:26 PM »

The fourteen year wait for Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy album could finally be over as reports suggest that the already legendary album could finally be released on November 25.

The unconfirmed news is that the album will only be available to buy from 'Best Buy', a American based electronics retailer who have over a thousand stores primarily in the United States and Mexico. British fans need not fear as Best Buy has just opened four stored in Slough, Staines, Enfield and Thurrock and it also has 50% stake in the Carphone Warehouse.

Guns N' Roses' last release of original material was way back in 1991 when bands duel albums 'Use Your Illusion II' and 'Use Your Illusion I' made the top 2 in the UK charts.

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/chinese-democracy-out-on-november-25-389.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2008, 04:38:54 PM »

The unconfirmed news is that the album will only be available to buy from 'Best Buy', a American based electronics retailer who have over a thousand stores primarily in the United States and Mexico. British fans need not fear as Best Buy has just opened four stored in Slough, Staines, Enfield and Thurrock and it also has 50% stake in the Carphone Warehouse.

Wow, if that's right then it could be the first time (and very likely the last too) that I'll ever consider myself fortunate to be within a short drive of Slough!   Wink   hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »

Is it possible that Chinese Demcoracy will be used by Best Buy to launch it's Napster ownership, me thinks it would be a smart move to do so.

Source is Reuters.

What is Chinese Democracy?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

I  dont beli3ve the elusive can be permanent. OOOOOOOOOOOr it gonna cause riots.
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that when this album hits the shelves, in the cd booklet thank-you section will mention HTGTH, I'd almost bet money on it!! ok

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
gav
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

So Best Buy are buying Napster it seems...

If this were the case, and we had a digital download option, is there a possibilty this download would be available before the physical CD release?

Or do these things tend to get released simultaneously?

Any guesses?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:37:28 PM by LiveAndLetLeak » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

I  dont beli3ve the elusive can be permanent. OOOOOOOOOOOr it gonna cause riots.

Why do I keep seeing posts stating that it can't possibly be permanent? Like I posted previously, the Eagles' last album was a Wal-Mart only release in the US, and it did fine. AC/DC's new release will be Wal-Mart only, and it will do fine.

If you don't happen to live near a Best Buy in the US, you can always order it for delivery.

This is a GOOD thing for the band. A Best Buy agreement means Best Buy will promote the hell out of the album, because the agreement will force them to pay a lot of cash upfront in exchage for the rights, and they will need sales to re-coup that original expense.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:32:36 PM by GunnerOne 84 » Logged

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
cineater
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »

I guess since they got news coverage over the leaked information, they should wait 2 weeks before another announcement. You know keep the buzz up.  I think we may have skwerled ourselves for news tonight.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

Why do I keep seeing posts stating that it can't possibly be negative? Like I posted previously, the Eagles' last album was a Wal-Mart only release in the US, and it did fine. AC/DC's new release will be Wal-Mart only, and it will do fine.

If you don't happen to live near a Best Buy in the US, you can always order it for delivery.

because  GNR is globally popular. and not for nostalgia
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

Why do I keep seeing posts stating that it can't possibly be negative? Like I posted previously, the Eagles' last album was a Wal-Mart only release in the US, and it did fine. AC/DC's new release will be Wal-Mart only, and it will do fine.

And this makes a difference in terms of an exclusive sales agreement how?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

And this makes a difference in terms of an exclusive sales agreement how?
did you not read the 2 posts befo mine  or what?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »

I did read them

Again, I don't understand how having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

Wal-mart helped the Eagles. They will also help AC/DC.

Best Buy will be good for GNR.

In countries that have no Best Buy, obviously other outlets will be able to sell the album.

So someone please explain the issue to me, because this is nothing but a good thing.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »

If you did read them you should have known no1 said having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

the point  is that outside the us not everyone one has a best buy nearby or shops online.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: