Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595841 times)
ben9785
« Reply #840 on: October 09, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »

Jarmo, is this now official?

Is it on gunsroses.com?

Is there a press release from any of the involved parties?

/jarmo

hahaha you got PTFO!!! ("pwned the fuck out"- just made it up)

As a veteren of this site, I knew better.  I know the things to look for.  I got punked.  Jarmo loved punking me out to.  Its cool.  When did Owned turn into Pwned?  I see pwned all the time, looks like its here to stay.  haha

No man, you didn't get punked or anything like that.

The news is circulating far and wide and has originated from people whom Billboard clarify as 'sources close to the band/situation'.

Even Mysteron has verified that this is the target date.

We just haven't got definite word on any of it from either Best Buy, the label or the band in a official capacity.

It's kind of like you check your lottery ticket, and you know you've got all the numbers, but you're just waiting on the agency to authenticate it..

ben9785
« Reply #841 on: October 09, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »

I just hope we get it soon. I am getting antsy as i'm sure everyone is.

Yeah man, but don't have any expectations or set any deadline as to when we should get the news. GNR go on their own terms.

We haven't got any official confirmation from the band about "If the world" being in the "Body of Lies" film, even though people have seen the movie and confirmed its there already.

This isn't meant to criticize how the band or label choose to promote/market themselves. They can do whatever they want.

Just don't hold your breath for news. Better to wait for everything to roll out how its supposed to, whenever it is supposed to.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #842 on: October 09, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

It's news, but I wouldn't call it official just yet....

/jarmo

Ok, please help me out here. You call it "news," but not "official." I've noticed that anytime someone posts "news" on your site that isn't true, you just delete it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing on your site is so-called "official" because this is not an official gnr site, right? I'm sure that the band will promote it themselves and via the channels they prefer, not an "unofficial" site like yours. Help me out...
ben9785
« Reply #843 on: October 09, 2008, 11:52:35 PM »

/jarmo

Ok, please help me out here. You call it "news," but not "official." I've noticed that anytime someone posts "news" on your site that isn't true, you just delete it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing on your site is so-called "official" because this is not an official gnr site, right? I'm sure that the band will promote it themselves and via the channels they prefer, not an "unofficial" site like yours. Help me out...

No, but apart from the fact that it was verified by a reputable organization such as "Billboard" according to their sources, another person who works closely with the band who posts here under the name of Mysteron has also verified it and that this date is what the band are targeting.

We are now waiting for band/label/Best Buy confirmation as the final word that YES its coming out on such and such date, YES Best Buy are releasing it. And maybe if we are lucky, they might say YES here's the album artwork and tracklisting etc

thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: October 09, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

/jarmo

No, but apart from the fact that it was verified by a reputable organization such as "Billboard" according to their sources, another person who works closely with the band who posts here under the name of Mysteron has also verified it and that this date is what the band are targeting.

We are now waiting for band/label/Best Buy confirmation as the final word that YES its coming out on such and such date, YES Best Buy are releasing it. And maybe if we are lucky, they might say YES here's the album artwork and tracklisting etc

yup Billboard is a well known site and they do not put a bullshit rumor on there site if they say it coming out nov 23 2008 then it coming out nov 23 2008 and where just waiting for the band to confrimed what Billboard said
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #845 on: October 09, 2008, 11:59:33 PM »

We are now waiting for band/label/Best Buy confirmation as the final word that YES its coming out on such and such date, YES Best Buy are releasing it.

Exactly my point.

Billboard may be very reputable, but the people involved in this release have yet to make any official announcement on the matter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2008, 12:00:01 AM »

Nothing's official, until it's official - *at least thats the general consensus*

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »

We are now waiting for band/label/Best Buy confirmation as the final word that YES its coming out on such and such date, YES Best Buy are releasing it.

Exactly my point.

Billboard may be very reputable, but the people involved in this release have yet to make any official announcement on the matter.

/jarmo

Ok, thanks. I got it now. So, you're saying you are in the dark just as much as we are about whether or not the date is "official?"
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

As a veteren of this site, I knew better.  I know the things to look for.  I got punked.  Jarmo loved punking me out to.  Its cool.  When did Owned turn into Pwned?  I see pwned all the time, looks like its here to stay.  haha

You know, to be honest, I couldn't give a good answer on when "owned' turned to "pwned" (although I can easily see why such a transformation took place).  And to be even more honest, I've always thought the later was stupid... so I guess I just owned myself haha. 
Well, either way, here's to Smoking Guns & CD!  hihi

Rapture
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2008, 12:15:49 AM »

Exactly my point.

/jarmo

Ok, thanks. I got it now. So, you're saying you are in the dark just as much as we are about whether or not the date is "official?"

patience.... Cool....with all that has been going on the past few weeks im sure all of our questions will be answered very soon....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:03:19 AM by Shadows7XXX » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:11 AM »

Is it on gunsroses.com?

/jarmo

You know, to be honest, I couldn't give a good answer on when "owned' turned to "pwned" (although I can easily see why such a transformation took place).  And to be even more honest, I've always thought the later was stupid... so I guess I just owned myself haha. 
Well, either way, here's to Smoking Guns & CD!  hihi

Boom, owned part deux!    We are so fucking close, I just feel it.  This must be the most official unofficial new in a long time.   hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #851 on: October 10, 2008, 12:52:12 AM »

Wouldn't it be kinda funny if there was no official announcement until like the day before or the day of the release?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #852 on: October 10, 2008, 01:04:40 AM »

Wouldn't it be kinda funny if there was no official announcement until like the day before or the day of the release?

It would be funny.  Its almost like we are going to get an album, and then is it.  Hey, I am fine with that!  The album will speak for itself.  If its coming out and we were going to get a huge promotional blitz, it would have begun by now. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #853 on: October 10, 2008, 01:13:35 AM »

Either there won't be one or they just haven't finalized details of it and its gonna be a really short 5 week one.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #854 on: October 10, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »

I called my Best Buy earlier today and it is STILL NOT in the system.  They have the other releases, but the guy on the phone said "UNTIL ITS ON THE SHELVES I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH!"  LOL!!!!!!!!
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #855 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:33 AM »

I called my Best Buy earlier today and it is STILL NOT in the system.  They have the other releases, but the guy on the phone said "UNTIL ITS ON THE SHELVES I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH!"  LOL!!!!!!!!

geez that guy is no help hihi
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #856 on: October 10, 2008, 01:52:17 AM »

Nope... we always have this conversation around this time every year though. The label has put way too much money into this album to just not tell anyone when they release it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #857 on: October 10, 2008, 01:55:24 AM »

A very good friend of mine called Best Buy while I was at work. They said December 3rd was what was in their system. Another store didn't have it in their system at all, but they took about 15-20 minutes to tell me they didn't have it.

Its not in the Best Buy system at all. Trust me, I've been checking multiple times a day for years. Stuff never gets "in the system" before it is announced, and half the time, our information is wrong anyway. Other than what was said at the media convention, anything you are getting from Best Buy employees is just rumors being passed back and forth. Its retail, and especially this time of year(going into the holidays), there are generally some huge idiots employed there. Wait for the announcement from the band, don't ask the hourly guy at Best Buy. The minute we know about it, the rest of the world will too.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #858 on: October 10, 2008, 02:09:21 AM »

A very good friend of mine called Best Buy while I was at work. They said December 3rd was what was in their system. Another store didn't have it in their system at all, but they took about 15-20 minutes to tell me they didn't have it.

Its not in the Best Buy system at all. Trust me, I've been checking multiple times a day for years. Stuff never gets "in the system" before it is announced, and half the time, our information is wrong anyway. Other than what was said at the media convention, anything you are getting from Best Buy employees is just rumors being passed back and forth. Its retail, and especially this time of year(going into the holidays), there are generally some huge idiots employed there. Wait for the announcement from the band, don't ask the hourly guy at Best Buy. The minute we know about it, the rest of the world will too.
Thanks, Kitty. peace

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #859 on: October 10, 2008, 02:44:57 AM »

Dude, no.

I can't go on here and read all the negative people crying for a whole month.

MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

UPDATE THE SITE!

I CAN'T TAKE THE SILENCE!

*jumps out of fifth floor*

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: