Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595877 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: October 08, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N? Roses? long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy?s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Interesting tidbit. From what I heard it's a solid site too.

Very cool. I would love an announcement by the band also.   
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #621 on: October 09, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N? Roses? long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy?s sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

If that's really true, releasing on a Sunday is a pretty good idea. Most people don't work on Sundays and the Best Buy around here is always really busy that day.

But if it were true, I don't understand how hitsdailydouble.com would have this info before anyone else...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #622 on: October 09, 2008, 12:16:11 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

If that's really true, releasing on a Sunday is a pretty good idea. Most people don't work on Sundays and the Best Buy around here is always really busy that day.

But if it were true, I don't understand how hitsdailydouble.com would have this info before anyone else...

its an intersting idea....If it is an exclusive release Best Buy could pretty much release it any day they want....Metallica released their record on a Friday, and that thing sold and continues to sell shitloads...even though it was leaked over a week in advance....

I like the idea of a sunday release because it will be the only record coming out that day....it seperates it from the rest of the new releases....good shit...hope its true....I'm sure we will find out soon enough.... beer
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #623 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »

that would be amazing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #624 on: October 09, 2008, 01:11:38 AM »

This whole 11/23 WOULD be a great idea if it proves to be true...

Also, I've been thinking about the fact that there's been no official announcement yet.  At first I was concerned, but now I wonder if the band is cashing in on the whole mysticism and rumor based history surrounding this album, and may in fact be keeping it that way, as long as they can, up until the day of the release, just to build as much hype as possible around the album.  (Hey, it's worked so far.) Then...BOOM, it's released and making headlines everywhere.

It would  also be a great way to keep potential "hoarders" from leaking tracks upon what they believe to be a potential imminent release.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:14:35 AM by sofine11 » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #625 on: October 09, 2008, 01:46:41 AM »

you posted that exact same thing on the other forum..lol.  11/23 better be true, I've already told several people.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #626 on: October 09, 2008, 03:43:27 AM »

Are there any best buy employees on this forum? At what point would the copies be shipped in? like i assume a week early or something at least to stack the shelf? or to send across the countries for simeltaneous release? how do these things work...

holy shit! its coming in a month people..... peace peace peace ok ok Grin Grin Grin beer beer smoking
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #627 on: October 09, 2008, 03:52:29 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

There may be something that nobody has mentioned going on, the album and possibly a single release at doing a chart double Album and single for the #1 slot at christmas perhaps?

If they (the bods doing the promotion) think that its a possibilty, then to enter the charts say at #1,2 or 3 on the 2nd. It would look to push sales for the 9th, 16th amd 23rd and get the sales through and based on this. It may even be released to enter the charts as late as for the 16th December chart, if this is what they want to achieve. I say the 16th, because they would get a second chance to make #1 with addition promotion if required.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #628 on: October 09, 2008, 06:02:56 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

FINALLY!!!!

FINALLY I GET TO DRINK DR PEPPER FOR FREE!!!

Wink
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #629 on: October 09, 2008, 06:43:50 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

Not to mention, it would be AWESOME....I wouldn't have to take Tuesday off from work, and the PARTY on Saturday leading to the midnight opening would be SWEET.

The video game industry has done this with the "big name" releases over the past year or two...it's worked out very well for them.  Maybe GnR and Best Buy are taking a page from that book.  I HOPE so!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »

i started the afd limited edition thread where duid it go?

AFC

/jarmo

What does me being a Average Frustrated Chump have to do with anything?

AFC = Appetite for Collection

It was moved to that section. Smiley

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »

Are there any best buy employees on this forum? At what point would the copies be shipped in? like i assume a week early or something at least to stack the shelf? or to send across the countries for simeltaneous release? how do these things work...

holy shit! its coming in a month people..... peace peace peace ok ok Grin Grin Grin beer beer smoking

My sister in law is a front line associate at Best Buy.  I'll call her later today to see if she's heard anything.  Again, last time I talked to her, she'd heard the november 25th date, strictly as a rumor.

Together again,
DemocracyRose
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2008, 06:47:30 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

Not to mention, it would be AWESOME....I wouldn't have to take Tuesday off from work, and the PARTY on Saturday leading to the midnight opening would be SWEET.

The video game industry has done this with the "big name" releases over the past year or two...it's worked out very well for them.  Maybe GnR and Best Buy are taking a page from that book.  I HOPE so!

Its like they know something, that we dont? Sounds reliable!! Smiley
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2008, 07:48:10 AM »

you posted that exact same thing on the other forum..lol.  11/23 better be true, I've already told several people.

No lol that wasn't me. I just thought I'd pass the info onto here.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »

From Hits Daily Double:

it would definitly give them more time to outsell the other major releases to drop on 11/25; hopefully it's legit
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »

I already used up all my vacation time for the year so I'm gonna call in sick to work on release day. This is all surreal. I keep checking this site several times a day for the update that seems imminent. I'm gonna get a heart attack and a boner simutaneously when we get the official news from guns camp.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #636 on: October 09, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »

From The Gauntlet: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/14098/Guns-N-Roses.html

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #637 on: October 09, 2008, 08:52:35 AM »

faaaaaaaarq, news travells fast ...

This is getting very exciting... sunday sounds very promising as the poster said before,
everyone (just about) shops on sundays/off work and would be out buying chinese

this is very coolio

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #638 on: October 09, 2008, 09:04:47 AM »

Blabbermouth reports the same news...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106510
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #639 on: October 09, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »

If this is the date, then I wonder how http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/ got  their information from..

Mabye they have friends at bestbuy that are "high up"
pretty interesting though.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: