Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 595888 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #580 on: October 08, 2008, 07:41:29 AM »

They are going to have to say something this week if it is in fact coming out on the 25th.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #581 on: October 08, 2008, 08:14:54 AM »

Here is another one with a release on 12/3/08

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=17383136&type=product&id=1922864

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #582 on: October 08, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »

I don't have any words of encouragement this morning, I'm just trying to get through the week.  Go band and all that stuff but it won't hurt my feelings if they wait till Monday.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #583 on: October 08, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »

I'm assuming news will be this Friday to tie in with the release of the new film Body of Lies......
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #584 on: October 08, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »

I'm assuming news will be this Friday to tie in with the release of the new film Body of Lies......

did the band/management ever make a official annoucement about body of lies? i know at the best buy meeting it was mentioned but the general public doesnt even know that gnr has a song in the movie.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #585 on: October 08, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »

did the band/management ever make a official annoucement about body of lies? i know at the best buy meeting it was mentioned but the general public doesnt even know that gnr has a song in the movie.

No.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #586 on: October 08, 2008, 08:36:17 AM »

assuming there is any news to report at all-there was never anything anounced by the band, or bands management and all these reports are 3rd hand at best-even the Body of Lies news
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #587 on: October 08, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »

assuming there is any news to report at all-there was never anything anounced by the band, or bands management and all these reports are 3rd hand at best-even the Body of Lies news

you are wrong there, it is up on pitmans myspace site and I am pretty sure Del confirmed it aswell somewhere...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #588 on: October 08, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

Thats my point. With 7 weeks left no one has even made a statement about bestbuy having the exclusive deal to the public. Still no single, still no release date. Other artists all mentioned in this thread have made those things clear and gnr has not.

With apologies for my bluntness, but just to say that I really don't give a stuff how other artists choose to promote themselves or their material.  GNR do things their own way and in their own time and good on them I say.  Why anybody would want their favourite band to follow the crowd is beyond me!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #589 on: October 08, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »

They are going to have to say something this week if it is in fact coming out on the 25th.
Not necessarily.  Not at all in fact.  I'll sample these thoughts from this website, they're not mine.  But they make some sense.  You'll also notice this link brings up the "3 disc release" rumor.  But I'll just point out this part for now.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I'll say that again for added emphasis:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:21:50 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #590 on: October 08, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »

Boo!

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #591 on: October 08, 2008, 10:39:32 AM »

Not necessarily.  Not at all in fact.  I'll sample these thoughts from this website, they're not mine.  But they make some sense.  You'll also notice this link brings up the "3 disc release" rumor.  But I'll just point out this part for now.

It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

If i recall Axl said he wanted to have proper promotion for the cd. to me this means print and tv ads,interviews, at least a freaking single before the cd is released. i realize best buy will do the majority of ads but i'm not 100% sold that is enough.
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

I was thinking they would use the launch day of the film to announce the new song it contains and just maybe mention it's from their new album to be released on the......

No official mention of this new song in the film by the band would be pretty strange to me....as surely the whole point is promotion for the new album.....just like when You Could be Mine was released with the terminator film...that was great promotion for the what was up-coming album....
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #593 on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »

If by the end of next week or at the very latest the beginning of the following week we haven't heard anything or a single hasn't reached radio stations, say goodbye to a 2008 release.  Rarely, if ever, is an album given less than a month prep time and promotion and I don't expect Chinese Democracy to be any different.  Quite honestly, I expected an announcement (an official one) by now if November 25 was the actual release day, but I'll be a little more patient before I rule 2008 out

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »

After thinking it mover more, I agree more with you than my previous statement. Makes sense to me.

Plus, Shackler's in RB2 could also be considered promotion.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »

Hmm, Can't believe we havent heard anything official yet.   This is just getting too weird.  confused
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2008, 11:46:25 AM »

Hmm, Can't believe we havent heard anything official yet.   This is just getting too weird.  confused

So another year might pass with no CD and we don't officially here why.  How is that weird at this point?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2008, 12:42:38 PM »

Check this out!!

Intresting Read...

http://www.newrules.org/retail/news_slug.php?slugid=375
GeraldFord
« Reply #598 on: October 08, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »

I hope they didn't just get that from RS.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #599 on: October 08, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »

Democracy they forgot the Chinese ? confused

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV