Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567455 times)
ben9785
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »

King Axl I hope your right, but you have to understand that nobody can take these claims seriously until we get official word.

Regarding the "November 25" release date, I don't think they are denying it as yet only because their options are still open.

I'd say that if it got close to that date and nothing had been set in stone, then we should get official word from the band if we haven't already by that time,  not only because that is the date circulating in the media at the moment, but also because the news of Best Buy having closed the deal still hasn't officially been confirmed in itself.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:21 PM »

Don't expect a box set....

Either he made it up or there was some kind of misunderstanding.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

Yeah, I can't imagine many non-fans or casual fans springing to buy a 3 CD set all at once, either.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »

Im curious to find out what are exactly the final details that need to be finalized including the release date for the exclusive.  My guess is either its a Nov 25 date or they might go friday with black friday date ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

/jarmo

I asked her flat-out how many discs it was going to be. She said, "three".

So then I said to her, "So it's gonna cost about $40?", to which she replied, "It will probably be on sale the first few days", implying that it wouldn't cost that much right out of the gate.

She didn't say anything about three discs being sold seperately, she simply said that this upcoming November release was going to be three discs. Whether that means three CD's, or two CD's and a DVD, or whatever, I guess we will all find out relatively soon.

I understand there may be some skepticism because I don't post a ton on this board, but I give you my word that this woman I spoke with seemed to be the real deal in terms of knowing what is happening with CD.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:25:55 PM by King Axl » Logged

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »

/jarmo

My guess is that there could be a three album deal with Best Buy. Doesn't mean they will be put out all at once.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »

/jarmo

I understand there may be some skepticism because I don't post a ton on this board, but I give you my word that this woman I spoke with seemed to be the real deal in terms of knowing what is happening with CD.  

Maybe if you posted more you'd realize that the HTGTH Admin wouldn't post something like that unless he got some sort of confirmation.   Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »

/jarmo

I asked her flat-out how many discs it was going to be. She said, "three".

So then I said to her, "So it's gonna cost about $40?", to which she replied, "It will probably be on sale the first few days", implying that it wouldn't cost that much right out of the gate.

She didn't say anything about three discs being sold seperately, she simply said that this upcoming November release was going to be three discs. Whether that means three CD's, or two CD's and a DVD, or whatever, I guess we will all find out relatively soon.

hmm.. maybe the other 2 disc will be a live concert DVD and the Making of CD Huh

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »

i honestly cant believe this is actually happening! after all this time its coming! peace

how long before the artwork/tracklisting become available i wonder.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

/jarmo

My guess is that there could be a three album deal with Best Buy. Doesn't mean they will be put out all at once.

Yep, she must have misunderstood and thought all three were coming out together.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »

Heres some food for thought, remember I don't know shit.

An exclusive deal with Best Buy means that the record company gets all the money upfront right?

The amount of copies that sell is of no concern to the record company from a financial standpoint.  They already got their money.

So if they signed a three album deal, they could put out all three on the same day.  Not in a box set, but three separate releases on the same day.  Has any other band done that?

Not only would Guns n Roses top what they did with Use Your Illusion, when they became the first band in history to put out two albums on the same day, but it would be a big fuck you to the notion that Axl has been sitting on his ass and taking over a decade to produce one album. 

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »

she conceded the exact date had not been set.

Which is exactly what Billboard and the NY Times said.

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

False!

/jarmo

How are you so sure that it will only be just one cd? We all are in the dark, yet you seem so confident.
ben9785
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

False!

/jarmo

How are you so sure that it will only be just one cd? We all are in the dark, yet you seem so confident.

Well he's a moderator and also owner of this website. I think Jarmo could contact people close to the band if needed, so he could verify this information..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

False!

/jarmo

You can't be serious? Dude he is JARMO, everyone knows he IS Axl  Tongue
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

An update on this subject on the GNR site. That's all I ask. Even if its ''bad news'', but I need to know something official about the release of CD.

I'm extremely thankful and proud of all the things that have happened in these last weeks. I'm a happy fan.

The music cant be better. The expectations are higher than ever.

But I really feel THIS is the right moment. I've felt this sensation before, but NEVER with this strenght. GNR should not wait a second longer.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »

I live in Washington state where it rain's alot and I live two minutes away from a Best Buy, SO I'LL JUST END UP WALKIN IN THE COLD NOVEMBER RAIN !  yes

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:35 PM »

An update on this subject on the GNR site. That's all I ask. Even if its ''bad news'', but I need to know something official about the release of CD.

I'm extremely thankful and proud of all the things that have happened in these last weeks. I'm a happy fan.

The music cant be better. The expectations are higher than ever.

But I really feel THIS is the right moment. I've felt this sensation before, but NEVER with this strenght. GNR should not wait a second longer.

Just wait man. I share your feeling. But things are still being worked on behind the closed doors.
Have confidence though that its never going to get closer than this, believe me.

I'm sure we will get news soon enough.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

To be fair, one possible scenario is that the Best Buy version of Chi Dem has exclusive content.   This practice has a lot of precedent, with many bands offering store specific goodies with their product.

So - Nov 25th- BB sell both the "regular" Chi Dem and the "Bonus" Chi Dem (complete with second music disc and DVD).
Jan 25th - Chi Dem (regular) available through regular retail channels.

Just tossing it out there as a possibility.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

A friend of mine has worked at Best Buy for YEARS.  And he is a big time music fan/collector, so I trust him not to bullshit me.  All he told me was that it's a "done deal" and there would be 15 songs on the album.  Didn't say anything about 3 CD's.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »

Jarmo, if you know it's not 3 discs then you have to know more details...  hihi

Is it blue? Will it clean my floors? And will it include some Dr. Pepper??

J/K

I personally am buying at least 3 copies... whether it's one, two or three discs. If I can't afford to buy shit for people this Christmas... so be it.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: