Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 564548 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2500 on: November 19, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

3 CDs/3 Vinyls and 1 iTunes isn't enough? And the additional pair I was gonna get at the store on Sunday...

It's not about "how much".  It shouldn't even be about "when".  You chose store pick up.  So did I, for MY copies.  We'll still get OUR copies.

Others chose mail....

Does it REALLY matter that they'll get it before you?  Why??

I just don't get it.  I've been waiting for this album for at least as long as anyone else around.  I've been a fan since the late 80's....since BEFORE Appetite was released.  I've been through it all.  And I just don't see how waiting 3 days, or so, longer than someone else is grounds for being pissed. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2501 on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »

Random thought here:

Am I the only guy who's nervous about going to BB to get it on Sunday?

For some reason I just have the feeling that it won't be on the shelves at 10AM, and some moronic clerk will have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask, and will say "no, it's out Tuesday" or something.   I hope I'm wrong.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2502 on: November 19, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

I decided to order another copy of the album last night and chose delivery this time... I just got my shipping confirmation about 30 minutes ago ! 
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2503 on: November 19, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »

Random thought here:

For some reason I just have the feeling that it won't be on the shelves at 10AM, and some moronic clerk will have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask, and will say "no, it's out Tuesday" or something.   I hope I'm wrong.

Yes I feel the same...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2504 on: November 19, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »

Random thought here:

Nope.

My sister in law works there as a sales associate on the floor (you know, one of those people who roams around and asks if you need help?).  They've ALREADY talked about the album, when it goes on sale, etc.  It WILL be out on the floor Sunday morning.  I wouldn't worry too much about that. 

My question, and it's not one she can answer yet, is WHEN they're going to pull the "in store pickups".  We need the email that the order has been pulled for us to pick it up.  I'm HOPING they do that the night before, at or after store closing, so the email gets generated then.   I'm hoping they DON'T wait until the store opens at 10 AM (my local store..some are 9 AM) so that I have to wait until they pull the order, I get the email, and THEN head to the store.

We'll see.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:03:35 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #2505 on: November 19, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »

Random thought here:

Nope.

My sister in law works there as a sales associate on the floor (you know, one of those people who roams around and asks if you need help?).  They've ALREADY talked about the album, when it goes on sale, etc.  It WILL be out on the floor Sunday morning.  I wouldn't worry too much about that. 

My question, and it's not one she can answer yet, is WHEN they're going to pull the "in store pickups".  We need the email that the order has been pulled for us to pick it up.  I'm HOPING they do that the night before, at or after store closing, so the email gets generated then.   I'm hoping they DON'T wait until the store opens at 10 AM (my local store..some are 9 AM) so that I have to wait until they pull the order, I get the email, and THEN head to the store.

We'll see.

Pilferk, I totally believe you.  But I also think that each store is run somewhat independently.  So the good management at your sister in law's store may not be the same at the one I'm going to. 

I guess I'm just being a pessimist.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2506 on: November 19, 2008, 12:16:25 PM »

Pilferk, I totally believe you.  But I also think that each store is run somewhat independently.  So the good management at your sister in law's store may not be the same at the one I'm going to. 

Kitty, another HTGTH poster, also works at Best Buy.  She's said, almost verbatim, the stuff my SIL has passed along.  Not BEING a BB employee, I'm not going to vouch for how thoroughly they train and get out info....heaven knows I've gotten enough bad info from their employees to not trust them 100%..but from the sounds of things, this has been a company wide initiative.

I'm sure we'll hear of some horror stories...and you may very well be "that guy"...but I'm thinking they're at least passably ready for this.   I was at a BB on Saturday (not my SIL's home store..they didn't have the item my MOM!! needed in stock) and was talking to associates there while we were waiting for them to pull some boxes off the shelves.  I mentioned CD and they ALL knew what I was talking about, and said they were actually looking forward to it, too.

More anecdotal evidence, and for sure it's not proof positive, but I'd be relatively comfortable that they're gonna get this one right.

OH, and I forgot to mention:  I was told it's prominently featured in this weeks flyer...and the flyer SAYS the release date is Sunday (or, rather, their Sunday flyer ad says "Available today"..something like that). 

As always:  We'll SEE!!!!!!

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2507 on: November 19, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »

Pilferk's right, as usual, but I also think that he's kind of missing the point...

It's more of an anxiety thing. I get it sometimes as well. Like when I came to University. I was half expecting for them to never have heard of me.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2508 on: November 19, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

Pilferk's right, as usual, but I also think that he's kind of missing the point...

It's more of an anxiety thing. I get it sometimes as well. Like when I came to University. I was half expecting for them to never have heard of me.

No, I DO get it.  I've felt it MANY times before.

I'm just trying to help stem it. Smiley

Together again,
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #2509 on: November 19, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »

Appreciate it, Pilferk.  You made me feel a little better.

I always see the glass half-full   hihi
AC
Rocker

« Reply #2510 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »

Glad I live in Canada. I can go anywhere to buy it. Best Buy, Futureshop, HMV, Recordland, Mac's, 7-11, McDonald's (LOL - maybe not). Shit, I should have become a record store last month and had them ship me a few boxes to sell in my area.

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2511 on: November 19, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »

i've got the vinyl version in my cart right now, and it's showing estimated delivery time of 11/24-12/1.

i was going to pre-order it, thinking that i'd get it earlier. i don't think i'll push the order button on this one. i want it on 11/23! Tongue

i pre-ordered the CD for store pickup, already.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2512 on: November 19, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »

I got 3 albums... and yet I get fucked over?? People are gonna have earlier than me??? that's not fucking right. whatever... enjoy it if you get it. I'm beyond fucking pissed.

I understand why your upset...I would be too!  My order is for 1 CD and 2 Vinyls (ordered an extra by accident).  I think it has to do with where you live more then the amount that you spent though.

I'm hoping you have a positive update for us soon! If you get yours today, I'll start hoping for mine to coming tomorrow!!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2513 on: November 19, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-stewart/axl-rose-and-the-return-o_b_144480.html
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2514 on: November 19, 2008, 11:38:55 PM »

Nice article, but Im just as crazy ,as I was and will be in the mosh pit at 38 as I as in the mosh pits, n 87 , -92-2002-2006.!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2515 on: November 20, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

That article is garbage, like most things from that site.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #2516 on: November 20, 2008, 01:53:14 AM »

Kitty, another HTGTH poster, also works at Best Buy.  She's said, almost verbatim, the stuff my SIL has passed along.  Not BEING a BB employee, I'm not going to vouch for how thoroughly they train and get out info....heaven knows I've gotten enough bad info from their employees to not trust them 100%..but from the sounds of things, this has been a company wide initiative.

I'm sure we'll hear of some horror stories...and you may very well be "that guy"...but I'm thinking they're at least passably ready for this.   I was at a BB on Saturday (not my SIL's home store..they didn't have the item my MOM!! needed in stock) and was talking to associates there while we were waiting for them to pull some boxes off the shelves.  I mentioned CD and they ALL knew what I was talking about, and said they were actually looking forward to it, too.

More anecdotal evidence, and for sure it's not proof positive, but I'd be relatively comfortable that they're gonna get this one right.

OH, and I forgot to mention:  I was told it's prominently featured in this weeks flyer...and the flyer SAYS the release date is Sunday (or, rather, their Sunday flyer ad says "Available today"..something like that). 

As always:  We'll SEE!!!!!!
The good thing about it coming out on sunday, is that sundays are when the prices are changed for the new ad every week, so there are always plenty of people there in the morning to get things done. I know on Sunday at my store, there will be probably 15 people working in the morning, all starting at 9am. There has been plenty of communication to employees about this album, and if it doesnt get put out in a store on sunday, that entire store should be fired. This sunday in particular, is the first sunday that stores will have earlier holiday hours, so they should be opening at 9am.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2517 on: November 22, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »

Best Buy hopes Guns N' Roses CD rocks

Best Buy is the only store where you'll be able to buy the long-awaited new Guns N' Roses. It joins other big-box retailers in such exclusive deals.

By CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER, Star Tribune

Last update: November 21, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Among all the rock fans ruminating about the 14-year wait for the new Guns N' Roses album, you won't catch the bosses at Best Buy complaining.

"Right now, in this economy, it's a great time to have music fans so excited about a single album," said Gary Arnold, Best Buy's senior entertainment officer.

It's certainly great for the Richfield-based retail chain: It won the exclusive right to sell "Chinese Democracy," rock's most talked-about record of the past decade, which finally goes on sale Sunday.

For real.

"It'll be there for sure," Arnold promised GNR fans frustrated by the many delays.

With the 2008 holiday shopping season threatening to be as bleak as a Metallica record, Best Buy hopes fans will rush in Sunday morning to buy "Chinese Democracy" and maybe pick up something pricier as well, like a new flat-screen TV or digital camera.

It's a ploy increasingly used by big-box retailers. Minneapolis-based Target is the exclusive seller of Christina Aguilera's first greatest-hits CD, which hit the Top 10 last week. Wal-Mart enjoyed even hotter sales of AC/DC's new "Black Ice" album, which sold 1.5 million copies via its stores and website only.

"It's a brilliant marketing coup on Best Buy's part," said former Rolling Stone music editor Stephen Davis. "But I'm sure it's costing Best Buy, too."

For an exclusive deal with the Eagles last year, Wal-Mart reportedly paid the band $30 million up front -- nonrefundable -- for 3 million copies of its comeback CD "Long Road Out of Eden."

Arnold would not disclose terms of the GNR deal, which does not include digital downloads (available only via iTunes), but said: "It's one of the biggest [ever] -- probably the biggest one we've done."

Millions in the making

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/34913954.html?elr=KArks:DCiU1OiP:DiiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #2518 on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »

Just asking...

So I get to work and check my e-mail and it tells me the store is closed and checking inventory for the 3 cd's and Vinyl I ordered.  No sh*t.  It is only the 22nd and will be picking them up in addition to 3 more cd's at my Best Buy on the 23rd.  Is this anything to worry about? And do we know when we will get the e-mail for in store pick up.

Happy Holidays all.............

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2519 on: November 22, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »

Just asking...

So I get to work and check my e-mail and it tells me the store is closed and checking inventory for the 3 cd's and Vinyl I ordered.  No sh*t.  It is only the 22nd and will be picking them up in addition to 3 more cd's at my Best Buy on the 23rd.  Is this anything to worry about? And do we know when we will get the e-mail for in store pick up.

Happy Holidays all.............
nothing to worry about. i got the same email (and almost imploded) and just got off the phone with BB CS. those are automatically generated emails.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: