Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 564534 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2480 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »

That's what I originally thought, BUT people are saying they're getting estimated delivery dates of Friday.  I guess we'll see what happens.

It wouldn't surprise me if Silverchair is right.   I've had it happen before with video games and some movies....it ships, with an estimated delivery date BEFORE the street date.  It shows up in my box or on my doorstep ON the street date.  It could certainly be the case with this, too...but since they don't deliver on Saturday or Sunday, it'll get delivered on Monday.

All I know is what the tracking info, when I click on it, tells me:  That the estimated delivery date is Friday.  My brother will either get it, or he won't.  I'll get MY copies on Sunday, along with everyone else, because I'm doing in store pick up on my preorders.  Like you said: We'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2481 on: November 19, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »

I just spoke with Best Buy and they said you guys are NOT getting it on Friday. The EST. delivery date is just that... since they don't deliver on weekends, you are looking at either Monday/Tuesday delivery. I spoke with a manager at Online Service.

Due to the guidelines no one is getting the album before the 23rd. The CDs are at the stores/wearhouses, but cannot be distributed.

You could very well be right.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

That being said:  The "managers" in CS (both on line and in store) at BB.....well, lets just say I've gotten MANY stories told to me by them in the past, and they're right about 50%-ish of the time. Smiley  That includes product info, delivery dates, prices, sales, promotions.....lots of different stuff.

I would be MORE surprised if I heard from my brother that it showed up early, than if it didn't, and he got it on Monday.  But the tracking info says what the tracking info says.....someone/thing is wrong.  Given my past experience with BB, I'm not willing to ASSUME they're right, and the tracking info is wrong.  Not yet.   Grin

Together again,
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2482 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »

i don't want to rain anybody's parade but it doesn't make sense for BB to allow it to get to your hands before the 23rd. I don't think they like you guys enough to risk a lawsuit... over a $12 CD.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2483 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »

i don't want to rain anybody's parade but it doesn't make sense for BB to allow it to get to your hands before the 23rd. I don't think they like you guys enough to risk a lawsuit... over a $12 CD.

Like I said, UPS says that my package is out for delivery right now.  I guess I'll find out around 6 pm tonight, or earlier if they get here earlier (I kind of doubt that though)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2484 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »

According to my e-mail, the copy that I ordered to be shipped was sent out on the 18th and WILL ARRIVE TOMORROW ON THE 20TH!!!  headbanger

That's for BOTH the vinyl and the cd.

Mine is coming via UPS (in lieu of USPS) so I guess I picked "expedited" shipping or something!!!  Grin

I posted this in "the last CD you bought" thread about getting pre-ordered stuff earlier than the actual release date.

I've never pre-ordered anything...but when I went on Bestbuy.com, it said that if I pre-ordered, my expected arrival date was 11/24-12/01.  Now, I'm sure it would be closer to the former, but is it really that normal for it to come a day or two after I can get it in stores?  Because I see no reason, whatsoever, to wait an extra day.  I've waited enough, thank you very much!
The 23rd is a Sunday so there isn't any regular postal deliveries.  In this particular case, I pre-ordered more than one set (cd+vinyl) so I'm having BOTH mail AND in-store pick-up.  The main reason I pre-ordered CD is so that it'll be counted in the sales figures on those lists like on billboard, etc, and since in-store pick-up was an option, I'll still have it on day one.

I pre-order stuff a lot and find that more often then not, I get my stuff before the actual listed release date.

More "on" on-topic:  The Replacements - Remastered versions of.... Tim, Pleased To Meet Me, Don't Tell A Soul, and All Shook Down

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2485 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:51 AM »

Unlike with video games, who contractually require "street dating", I'm not sure the same would apply to a CD...especially one that is a "Best Buy" exclusive because there would be no issues of competitive advantage.

Maybe, but I'd be pretty surprised all things considered.

Whether it happens or not, we'll see.  It's really no skin off my (or yours, either, for that matter) nose, if it shows up or not.  But by the same token, I think it's certainly "noteworthy" that many of us are seeing tracking info showing that it may very well show up early.....

Together again,
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2486 on: November 19, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »

that's cool. i want pics with the cd on hand then.

the legality is BB allowing the CD to risk being leaked 3 days before release. No competition, you're right... but it will be on upload.com in a matter of hours.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2487 on: November 19, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

I got the on it's way email last night.  Just checked the tracking and it says it's OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!  TO-FUCKING-DAY!!!!!

I don't think I'm going to Boston for the listening party.  I'm gonna be enjoying CD here tonight!! YOWSA!!!!!!!!!  drool

Grin Grin

Are you at home today? 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2488 on: November 19, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »

that's cool. i want pics with the cd on hand then.

the legality is BB allowing the CD to risk being leaked 3 days before release. No competition, you're right... but it will be on upload.com in a matter of hours.

Yeah, but it also releases in some parts of the world on Friday.  So, really, what's the proveable damages?  I mean, if there's no contractual issue, there's no competitive advantage...there HAVE to be proveable damages for there to be a lawsuit, really.

You're talking maybe 2 days (if Cindy's tracking info proves to be accurate) before there would be "legit" releases out there in the world.....

If my brother gets it, I'll have him snap a pic with his camera phone and send it to me.  I'll post it here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:22:31 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2489 on: November 19, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

I got the on it's way email last night.  Just checked the tracking and it says it's OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!  TO-FUCKING-DAY!!!!!

I don't think I'm going to Boston for the listening party.  I'm gonna be enjoying CD here tonight!! YOWSA!!!!!!!!!  drool

Grin Grin

Are you at home today? 

Oh Hell Yeah.

I was going to go to the listening party tonight in Boston, so I took today and tomorrow off of work.  I WAS going to do some errands today, but have decided I'm not going ANYWHERE until I see the UPS truck!  They usually get to my house somewhere between 5 and 6 pm, so we'll see!!   peace

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2490 on: November 19, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »

Oh Hell Yeah.

I was going to go to the listening party tonight in Boston, so I took today and tomorrow off of work.  I WAS going to do some errands today, but have decided I'm not going ANYWHERE until I see the UPS truck!  They usually get to my house somewhere between 5 and 6 pm, so we'll see!!   peace

How exciting is it to think you might be one of the first to get the album, ANYWHERE??

That would be so cool.....

I'm "hoping" for ya!!!

Together again,
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2491 on: November 19, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »

Grin Grin

Are you at home today? 

Oh Hell Yeah.

I was going to go to the listening party tonight in Boston, so I took today and tomorrow off of work.  I WAS going to do some errands today, but have decided I'm not going ANYWHERE until I see the UPS truck!  They usually get to my house somewhere between 5 and 6 pm, so we'll see!!   peace

I was going to try to make it to the party tonight too but I doubt it.  I pre-ordered the vinyl from Best Buy for pick-up and on iTunes for download.  I figured I'd be able to get the CD the day I picked up the record.  You will get that CD tonight, when Warwick says it's out for delivery it means it's on the truck
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2492 on: November 19, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

Oh Hell Yeah.

I was going to go to the listening party tonight in Boston, so I took today and tomorrow off of work.  I WAS going to do some errands today, but have decided I'm not going ANYWHERE until I see the UPS truck!  They usually get to my house somewhere between 5 and 6 pm, so we'll see!!   peace

How exciting is it to think you might be one of the first to get the album, ANYWHERE??

I'm "hoping" for ya!!!

Grin Grin

I'm so excited I can't sit still lmao.  How I'm going to wait up to 7 hours, I don't know.  I'm thinking of trying to track down my UPS guy.....

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2493 on: November 19, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »

Oh Hell Yeah.

I'm "hoping" for ya!!!

Grin Grin

I'm so excited I can't sit still lmao.  How I'm going to wait up to 7 hours, I don't know.  I'm thinking of trying to track down my UPS guy.....

HAHA.  A guy I work with once did that when he was getting his new computer.  He litterally was driving around trying to find the UPS guy. 

Do you live in RI?  I'm over in Foster.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2494 on: November 19, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »

I got 3 albums... and yet I get fucked over?? People are gonna have earlier than me??? that's not fucking right. whatever... enjoy it if you get it. I'm beyond fucking pissed.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2495 on: November 19, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »

Oh Hell Yeah.

I'm "hoping" for ya!!!

Grin Grin

HAHA.  A guy I work with once did that when he was getting his new computer.  He litterally was driving around trying to find the UPS guy. 

Yup!  I live right behind "Artic" (pronounced Aatic)

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2496 on: November 19, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »

I got 3 albums... and yet I get fucked over?? People are gonna have earlier than me??? that's not fucking right. whatever... enjoy it if you get it. I'm beyond fucking pissed.

I understand why your upset...I would be too!  My order is for 1 CD and 2 Vinyls (ordered an extra by accident).  I think it has to do with where you live more then the amount that you spent though.

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2497 on: November 19, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »

Oh Hell Yeah.

I'm "hoping" for ya!!!

Grin Grin

Yup!  I live right behind "Artic" (pronounced Aatic)

Don't you mean Ahtic?  

Right now I am at work in Smithfield, down the street from Bryant University.  I wish I ordered to CD to be delivered...  I'd probably be on the same shipment.  
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2498 on: November 19, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »

I understand why your upset...I would be too!  My order is for 1 CD and 2 Vinyls (ordered an extra by accident).  I think it has to do with where you live more then the amount that you spent though.

3 CDs/3 Vinyls and 1 iTunes isn't enough? And the additional pair I was gonna get at the store on Sunday...

HUMOR = Negative Karma
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2499 on: November 19, 2008, 11:38:07 AM »

Bitter, much?

How are you "fucked over"?  Does someone getting it before you mean you're not going to get it?  C'mon!

I know we're all very excited.  I know we're all eagerly anticipating the album's arrival.  But getting pissed because someone else might get theirs in the mail before you?  Doesn't that strike you as sort of petty?

Is it completely fair?  No, maybe not.  I'll be waiting just like you....and my brother will likely be blasting CD about 250 miles away from me.  And he's not exactly the world's biggest GnR fan..not to metion I BOUGHT HIM the damn album.    Grin   

At the end of the day, though....is it really worth getting pissed off over?  I can't see it.   It just is what it is.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: