Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565487 times)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2440 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

The cd is limit 3 per customer in store. This is mainly to stop dealers from getting them, and also so that everyone is able to get it. Stores will be shipped the cd on friday, and it is supposed to be locked up somewhere in the back until sunday. Any pre-orders for in store pickup will be available when the store opens on sunday. If you are planning on getting it on vinyl and you live near a small store, make sure you pre-order it, some stores are getting as few as 10 in stock. Expect to see multiple signs and displays in store within the next week. We got a large posterboard advertising it at the front of the store that we put up yesterday(I got dibs!!)

Since I pre-ordered 4 copies (3 Cd's and one Vinyl) for in store pick up, are they not going to allow me to buy an additional 3 Cd's when I go and pick those up?  I suppose that would be difficult to police, but I just want to be prepared, as perhaps I will bring my wife along. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2441 on: November 17, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

FYI, I spoke with the media manager at a Best Buy yesterday and asked him about a "sell limit" per customer. He said that as far as he knew there wasn't any limit on how many could be purchased. I also found out that my Best Buy has over 850 CDs on order, and the other Best Buys in the area have over a 1,000 on order.

Again, unless he was misinformed, there isn't a sell limit on the album at the store. I stressed this with him since I need to buy over 40 copies on Sunday and really don't want to drive to 15 different stores.

40?! Now that's a real fan.  Smiley
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2442 on: November 17, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »

FYI, I spoke with the media manager at a Best Buy yesterday and asked him about a "sell limit" per customer. He said that as far as he knew there wasn't any limit on how many could be purchased. I also found out that my Best Buy has over 850 CDs on order, and the other Best Buys in the area have over a 1,000 on order.

Again, unless he was misinformed, there isn't a sell limit on the album at the store. I stressed this with him since I need to buy over 40 copies on Sunday and really don't want to drive to 15 different stores.

40?! Now that's a real fan.  Smiley

Yeah...thats a nice number....the only way I will reach that number is if I implement a plan after my father in law.  For some reason, my father in law always included a flashlight with all of his gifts, because as he puts it, you can never have enough flashlights and should always have one around.  I am thinking Democracy fits that description as well, so I just might give it a go until the next album comes out.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #2443 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »

Theres an info sheet about chinese democracy that was sent out to all employees last week, but news isnt always communicated in the best ways possible. There is SUPPOSED to be a sell limit of 3 per customer(this shouldnt include vinyl because it is a different SKU), but its up to the individual stores to enforce it. I've said it before on here, but don't listen to the people in the store, I don't care what manager they say they are, they are all idiots.

also, I have no idea how the free download will work, but it should come with all the vinyls, and will probably be itunes.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2444 on: November 17, 2008, 11:51:40 PM »

Theres an info sheet about chinese democracy that was sent out to all employees last week, but news isnt always communicated in the best ways possible. There is SUPPOSED to be a sell limit of 3 per customer(this shouldnt include vinyl because it is a different SKU), but its up to the individual stores to enforce it. I've said it before on here, but don't listen to the people in the store, I don't care what manager they say they are, they are all idiots.

also, I have no idea how the free download will work, but it should come with all the vinyls, and will probably be itunes.

I wonder if vinyl sales with count as "two" for soundscan sales numbers, since you're also buying the download as well....

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2445 on: November 18, 2008, 12:10:39 AM »

I wonder if vinyl sales with count as "two" for soundscan sales numbers, since you're also buying the download as well....
I would imagine that's the way it will work.  I'll probably pre-order the vinyl in the next couple days because of that.  It's like a 2 for 1 deal, even though I don't do iTunes.  Hopefully I can use Napster, if not, I'll be giving it away to someone who does use iTunes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2446 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »

I would imagine that's the way it will work.  I'll probably pre-order the vinyl in the next couple days because of that.  It's like a 2 for 1 deal, even though I don't do iTunes.  Hopefully I can use Napster, if not, I'll be giving it away to someone who does use iTunes.

I pre-ordered the vinyl from my local BB because my assumption was there would be fewer copies of that, and I wanted to make sure I got one.

THEN, when it became apparent they weren't doing any midnight openings, I preorded the CD to pick up there, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2447 on: November 18, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »

I just got a confirmation email from best buy that they shipped it today
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2448 on: November 18, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »

just got tracker and shipment notification from best buy. I will have cd on Friday!!!!!!!!!

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2449 on: November 18, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »

Wow. Nice! I should have pre-ordered at least one cd.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2450 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »

Bullshit!!!! if you did i'm buying you a Stella!!!!  beer

post it online!!!!!

If I can get ChiDem on Fri... I'm not coming into work. Fuck my job!!!!  rofl

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2451 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »

cindy want!!!!!

Oddly enough..Friday is the only day I said I was coming into work  hihi  I'm out tomorrow and Thursday for the listening party and then on Monday cuz it's the day after release. I guess Friday would have to be a half day Wink 

Oh yeah, I had to call Best Buy last night about my pre-order.  The card I had used to order had been "compromised" and cancelled.  The new card came in yesterday, so I called to make sure my order didn't cancel.  The guy who answered saw that I had ordered CD and he said something to the effect of "Cool, Chinese Democracy, been waiting for this one for a while!"  At the end of the call, he said it was cool to talk to a fellow GNR fan Grin  Thinking about it now, I should have directed him here! Ahh well...

ps-  no shipment email from Best Buy yet, but I'm keeping an eye out now!!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2452 on: November 18, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

yeah... no e-mail either. but the possibility of Friday makes me feel alive. NEED ChiDem in my life NOW!!!!!! as in RIGHT NOW... 5 days is eternal. Most people will not understand that.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2453 on: November 18, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »

I guess getting in Friday would be better than the midnight release!!  I just emailed BB to see if there is a chance my order could be shipped today too....I did one order for in store pickup and one for shipping.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
evander1129
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2454 on: November 18, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

Coming via ups tracker is 0208260001128........
Will post full tracker once it's out for del. Don't want any wise guys stopping my order

with your cocaine tounge you get nothin' done!!
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2455 on: November 18, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »

On a side note I got this from HMV today in the UK, anyone else get this?
Hopefully will have it by Saturday now!!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #2456 on: November 18, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »

A friend of mine works at an independent record store and just tolod me today that its in their computer system for release.  many apologies if this has been talked about before, but is Best Buy the exclusive major retailer and other independent stores get it too? Or am I missing something?

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2457 on: November 18, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

Damn, I wish I didn't pre-order for in store pickup
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2458 on: November 18, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »

I pre-ordered with shipping and I haven't received the "it's on it's way" noticed that many others have.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2459 on: November 18, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »

Me too, I tracked it and it said it was shipped standard mail today.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: