Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566435 times)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #2400 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »

no midnight release as of yet... and probably won't happen.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2401 on: November 14, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »

I don't think there's going to be midnight openings anywhere.

At this point I'm content with going to Best Buy at 10AM on Sunday morning and picking up my preorders.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2402 on: November 14, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »

i called my local best buy and they said there is no midnight sale! WTF!!! does anyone know of any midnight sales going on??? and if u preorder it on itunes, does it download at midnight??? someone help me out if you have heard anything. i live on long island new york and am suprised to hear there is no midnight sale!

Why on earth would they stay open to sell a few extra $12 albums?This isn't 1991 and there are not going to be people lined up outside for the album.Having said that I know people who work there and I will hopefully have mine one day early.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2403 on: November 15, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

Hey just a simple question, if I pre-order the album right now off Best Buy how long does it generally take to arrive? will i get it before November 23 or  shortly thereafter? thx
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2404 on: November 15, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »

I just visited a BB and they had a stand alone display for a band, right at the front of the store - I believe Hinder...didn't care much what band, but I would imagine that is what we will see for CD - won't be hard to find!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #2405 on: November 16, 2008, 01:13:23 AM »

i called my local best buy and they said there is no midnight sale! WTF!!! does anyone know of any midnight sales going on??? and if u preorder it on itunes, does it download at midnight??? someone help me out if you have heard anything. i live on long island new york and am suprised to hear there is no midnight sale!

I'm pissed about this.. I understand that it isn't profitable to keep their employees there at midnight, but one would think that after Best Buy went through all that trouble to nab the exclusive rights, they would understand the fans enduring the long wait. Now, I know it's *just* 10 more hours, but would it really hurt the damn store to draw a lil more attention to a major release by announcing a midnight sale? Hell, get people talking instead of forcing them to make a mundane Sunday-morning trip to an electronics store.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #2406 on: November 16, 2008, 03:14:47 AM »

I am still confused about this "Best Buy Exclusive" deal with GNR.  Is best buy going to be the only place you can buy the album on opening day?  If so for how long?

I see hmv advertising Chinese Democracy as well, could I just buy it from there instead of having to go to BB?
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2407 on: November 16, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »

mdttkk, In the States you can go to Best Buy to get the CD.  If you do not live in the US you can probably find the CD everywhere.
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #2408 on: November 16, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »

There are no Sunday deliveries in the US. So the Best Buys will have them Friday the latest (Saturday delivery would cost extra).
Online orders could arrive at your home before or after Sunday. I think there will be some lucky folks who get it before, because the release date is as early as the 21st in some countries.

age 37....volume always at 10
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2409 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »

There is NOT any mention whatsoever of Chinese Democracy in this week's BestBuy flyer.  Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2410 on: November 16, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »

So I guess they're thinking the masses have short-term attention spans...(I'm thinking they know what they're doing)
I am less than one week away from holding Chinese Democracy.  love 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2411 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »

I am less than one week away from holding Chinese Democracy.  love 

that is fucking legendary, just reading that, thinking for a second and realizing that it's fucking truth is just beyong everything man Grin hihi

best days are yet to come Smiley
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2412 on: November 16, 2008, 06:29:45 PM »

There is NOT any mention whatsoever of Chinese Democracy in this week's BestBuy flyer.  Huh

That is incredibly ridiculous.

This is Best Buy's first attempt at carrying a major new album EXCLUSIVELY, and they're completely blowing the opportunity.

I don't know, it seems they've scaled back on TV ads anyway, probably to save some money in this rough economy. Yet for all the money they spend on print ads, they ought to create some kind of buildup and anticipation that reaches out to more than just the diehard GN'R fans.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #2413 on: November 16, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »

As an FYI, for anyone that's worried about finding a copy of CD upon its release at Best Buy, I inquired at a local Best Buy (Phoenix) and they informed me that they have over 800 copies currently on order. The rest of the Best Buys in Phoenix have over 1,000 on order.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #2414 on: November 16, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »

The cd will be in Sunday's ad people... it comes out on a SUNDAY.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2415 on: November 17, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »

I pre-ordered with in store pickup but I'm concerned as to when I'll actually be able to pick it up.  They say they have to send you a second e-mail when you can pick it up and you can't until then.  So if the Best Buy people are lazy it could be closer to the end of the day than before the store opens on Sunday.  A small concern but I'm considering cancelling the pre-order and just going when they open.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2416 on: November 17, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

I pre-ordered with in store pickup but I'm concerned as to when I'll actually be able to pick it up.  They say they have to send you a second e-mail when you can pick it up and you can't until then.  So if the Best Buy people are lazy it could be closer to the end of the day than before the store opens on Sunday.  A small concern but I'm considering cancelling the pre-order and just going when they open.

Could try calling your nearest Best Buy, tell 'em you pre-ordered online, give them your order number, ask if they'll set you a copy aside.

And there goes the challenger...
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #2417 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »

I had some concerns too so I emailed them. The confirmation email will arrive this Saturday so we can buy the cd on Sunday.
Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2418 on: November 17, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

http://bfads.net/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy-at-Best-Buy

black friday sale .. 30 per store .. no rainchecks ... this friday. 11/21
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2419 on: November 17, 2008, 02:11:46 PM »

black friday is on November 28. But if there is only going to be 30 copies available, then i might as well pre-order the cd just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: