Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567435 times)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »

I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.
I'm sure that just put the fear of God in them.   rofl

If you think about it with some semblance of logic, the GNR camp waited until after the RB2 people made their announcement before confirming SR on gnr.com.  So it seems the protocol is that the next official statement will come from the Body of Lies people followed by confirmation from gnr.com.  Only after that's all out of the way, we should/could get some kind of simultaneous (or one immediately after the other) official announcement from the GNR camp and Best Buy (or whomever).

I really think they want to keep in good terms with the "fans" though. If this tails on and on without nothing happening and November 25th comes and goes with no word. At that point or even before that I think they OWE it to the fans who stay up every night waiting for an official word one way or another.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »

At some point something needs to be said. And SOON. GNR management knows what the public interpretations are now (from the latest development) and are waiting for something official, one way or another. I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.

rofl and who are you?  What, are you going to start firing people?  Another one of those "entitled" fans....Sorry but this is a great time for Guns N Roses, and a great time for the fans...For those of us who have been following the making of this record since the beginning it is especially a great time for us...so why be so negative?  Oh I forgot it's because Axl "owes" you something.. Roll Eyes  It has only been a few days since this story broke, chill out...The band will set the record straight...they always do...

This has nothing to do with Axl. I don't think the lack of communication is his fault at all, and the new GNR ownership has done a better job of "connecting" with the people like us who care. But as huge as this anticipation is right now for a release, they need to just tell us where we are at this point. I'd very much expect something by the end of the week.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »

Even a  "Negotiations are close but nothing is official, and we will let you know as soon as something becomes official" type statement would be a good way to set things straight for everyone until then.

Maybe for you.  But they'd get all kinds of abuse out here on these Internets/message boards if they put out a message that said "Nope, we're not there yet!"  There's been plenty of times when I've been frustrated with the lack of communications out of this band, but this is one time that I think, yes, if I were them, I'd just keep my mouth shut until the deal is sealed, then make an announcement.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »

I don't think the lack of communication is his fault at all, and the new GNR ownership has done a better job of "connecting" with the people like us who care.

Axl sold GN'R ?!?!?!?!

nervous nervous nervous nervous
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »

I really think they want to keep in good terms with the "fans" though. If this tails on and on without nothing happening and November 25th comes and goes with no word. At that point or even before that I think they OWE it to the fans who stay up every night waiting for an official word one way or another.

As I said, RELAX!

Go to bed!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »

I don't think the lack of communication is his fault at all, and the new GNR ownership has done a better job of "connecting" with the people like us who care.

Axl sold GN'R ?!?!?!?!

nervous nervous nervous nervous

rofl rofl rofl

Calm... please..

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »

you are not a rational thinking human being are you?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

No point in denying the date if its the one being worked towards.  Its part of the promotion now, it keeps it in the news, even if its not news, if you see what I mean.

I don't even think the 8 weeks that Axl mention in 2006 is an issue. For all we know there could be a factory somewhere bang this thing out as you are reading this. In my experience, the process of manufactoring a product is often the quickest, the stop starts, begin with the deal making and the shit that entails in getting the thing to market.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »

The Nine network's today show entertainment host, Richard Wilkins, reported this morning that Chinese Democracy WILL be released in November.

Did anyone else see this?

Is there any truth to it?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »

Until there's an official statement and release date from the band, there's no truth to anything.    beer
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »

It's just very rare that anyone on any show on Australian TV mentions anything at all about GN'R.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »

It was just on again but this time they said that Axl has confirmed it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »

It was just on again but this time they said that Axl has confirmed it.

peace

Axl hasn't confirmed anything publicly yet lol

Yeah I know that but im just wondering where they are getting their info. As much of a wanker as Wilkins is he never relies on gossip.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »

Do you know someone else that asked some Best Buy managers/employees something?

I'll post some posts from mygnr...

tat2d1 (2000+ posts)
I was at Best Buy over the weekend. Some assistant manager told me that he had heard Best Buy would be carrying it. He didn't have any definate knowledge of a release date, but said it'd probably be one of the Tuesdays between Nov 25th and Dec 9th. Now I play the "wait and see" game........ 

Buddha Master (19 posts, lol)
I was just at Best Buy a couple hours ago (Picked up Iron Man Blu Ray and Wario Shake it), I asked the dudes that are there in the front, if its true they will have GNR's new album exclusively, and he said, "We are the exclusive retailer of Chinese Democracy." He said its official but there is no official dates. So there you go (How does any fan now go into a BB and not ask?) Just felt good.

oneway23 (700 posts)
I spoke to the guy whose nephew was there. He said the arrangement to go through Best Buy had been completed in the last 48 hrs, but the deal has not been finalized due to the exact release date not yet being nailed down. 

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »

Ok, here's what happened when I went into my local Best Buy in New Hampshire this afternoon:

I approached two blue-shirted employees who were talking to a woman whom I thought was a friend of theirs, or perhaps a customer. I asked about the rumor, and, as it turns out, the woman who I thought was a customer was actually a regional manager who attended the convention last week. Here is what she told me:

Four songs were played for Best Buy executives at the convention, not three.

Chinese Democracy is a Best Buy exclusive.

It WILL be in stores the week of Thanksgiving, though she conceded the exact date had not been set. She seemed to think it would be on November 28th, Black Friday. She told me she would know within a week what the exact release date would be, but she stated without hesitation that it will be no later than the day after Thanksgiving.

And the part that really got me excited:

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

I swear I am not making this up. She even was holding a binder she took with her to take notes, which she showed to me. One of the notes she scribbled was "Guns N' Roses, November, exclusive."

Unless she was seriously bullshitting me (which I don't believe for a moment that she was), Chinese Democracy starts in a major fucking way in time for Christmas.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
gav
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2008, 06:34:42 PM »

That's some funky shit fella! Better be true! beer

Wonder what the 4th song was?

I get really jazzed up thinking this beauty will be out no later than Thanksgiving!  (Oh...and the 3 discs!!)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:38:33 PM by LiveAndLetLeak » Logged
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »

Ok, here's what happened when I went into my local Best Buy in New Hampshire this afternoon:

I approached two blue-shirted employees who were talking to a woman whom I thought was a friend of theirs, or perhaps a customer. I asked about the rumor, and, as it turns out, the woman who I thought was a customer was actually a regional manager who attended the convention last week. Here is what she told me:

It WILL be in stores the week of Thanksgiving, though she conceded the exact date had not been set. She seemed to think it would be on November 28th, Black Friday. She told me she would know within a week what the exact release date would be, but she stated without hesitation that it will be no later than the day after Thanksgiving.

Chinese Democracy will consist of not one, not two, but THREE DISCS!!! Not to be released over a period of time, but all at once! A friggin' box set!!!

I swear I am not making this up. She even was holding a binder she took with her to take notes, which she showed to me. One of the notes she scribbled was "Guns N' Roses, November, exclusive."

Unless she was seriously bullshitting me (which I don't believe for a moment that she was), Chinese Democracy starts in a major fucking way in time for Christmas.

Shocked   Shocked
I'm still not jumping up and down....but I will be saving money over the next month...just in case   Shocked

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

she conceded the exact date had not been set.

Which is exactly what Billboard and the NY Times said.

False!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:11:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »

I'm highly skeptical.   Not a personal slight on you. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »

3 Disc lol good one and im the Easter Bunny.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: