Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 600948 times)
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2220 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »

I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if this point has previously been posted.  I'd use the search function on the site, but I believe it's been disabled due to the high load caused by all the excitement (hell yeah!)

In any case, a new video game, Fallout 3 comes out Oct. 27th (tomorrow).  In support of it, several Best Buys across the country have midnight openings tonight for the release, including where I live, in Minneapolis.

Now, Fallout 3 is a fairly big deal in the video game world, but I don't see how it could compare in "big deal-ness" to Chinese Democracy.  My point being, if Best Buy is doing midnight openings in major cities for this release, I'd imagine there is a very strongly likelihood that they'd do the same of Chinese Democracy, given that it's an exclusive for them, the demand for the album, and the historical significance of it all.

Again, I apologize if this is old news to everyone here.

Edit: Here is the press release for the Fallout 3 midnight sales: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-102408.php

The critical difference is that Fallout is available at retailers EVERYWHERE. The midnight sale has a lot to do with driving sales away from other video game retailers. Best Buy isn't competing with ANYONE for sales on CD. They don't need a midnight sale. They can release it anytime they want, and they chose the Sunday their circular ad hits, the week before Thanksgiving. They want people in the stores on Sunday to increase overall sales, not just a bunch of fans waiting in line Saturday night to buy the CD and leave.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2221 on: October 29, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »

So the Best Buy site now says that the CD is on sale for 11.99 (was 13.99).  So for those who pre-ordered before the price change, what will they be charged when the CD is shipped?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2222 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »

How many people did In Store Pick Up ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #2223 on: October 29, 2008, 06:12:42 PM »

I did.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2224 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »

So the Best Buy site now says that the CD is on sale for 11.99 (was 13.99).  So for those who pre-ordered before the price change, what will they be charged when the CD is shipped?

Best But doesn't charge your card until your item ships so you'll be charged the price CD is the day it's released.

Also, I did shipping on my online order with the 2 CDs and 2 vinyls but I'm still going to pick up a copy at Best Buy on release day.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #2225 on: October 29, 2008, 06:34:04 PM »

Best But doesn't charge your card until your item ships so you'll be charged the price CD is the day it's released.

Also, I did shipping on my online order with the 2 CDs and 2 vinyls but I'm still going to pick up a copy at Best Buy on release day.

you can only listen to one cd at a time dude

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2226 on: October 29, 2008, 06:38:16 PM »

I did.

I did as well.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2227 on: October 29, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »

I did.

LOL.You want us to believe that YOU have to buy a copy?I ordered one for delivery so that I might get it on Saturday and I am gonna pick a few up on Sunday.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2228 on: October 29, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »

RollingStone (mag) >>Issue 1065 >> November 13, 2008

Only at Big-Boxes:  The New Retail Deals
Guns n' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Get it at:  Best Buy.
Want the CD?  You have to go to Best Buy, where it will sell for $13.99.  But the album will also be available digitally on iTunes and at bestbuy.com

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2229 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

RollingStone (mag) >>Issue 1065 >> November 13, 2008

Only at Big-Boxes:  The New Retail Deals
Guns n' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Get it at:  Best Buy.
Want the CD?  You have to go to Best Buy, where it will sell for $13.99.  But the album will also be available digitally on iTunes and at bestbuy.com
If it is gonna be sold on iTunes, I wonder why they haven't made the single available for sale yet.  Is it possible it won't be possible to buy single tracks on iTunes, just the entire album?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2230 on: October 29, 2008, 09:41:50 PM »

A Couple of notes on this topic:

I'm still confused on whether this will be on Itunes or not? Maybe a deal where you can only buy an Itunes card @ Best Buy to download the whole album

I was blown away that AC/DC sold that many units. I did not buy it, because I refuse to shop @ Wal Mart...but I am pumped to see them in Chicago tommorow!!!

I was at Best Buy yesterday, and was shocked that there was no ads for it instore whatsoever. Not a coming soon, nothing. No mention at all.

And, yes russtcb...you can only listen to one album at a time LOL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2231 on: October 29, 2008, 09:51:59 PM »

It will be available to order in best buy. bestbuy online and digital download at itunes as i understand it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2232 on: October 29, 2008, 09:59:51 PM »

I saw this mentioned before.

I'm sure I'm not the only who has or is buying more then one copy of this album.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2233 on: October 29, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »

I'm sure I'm not the only who has or is buying more then one copy of this album.

True and I know that there is alot of people buying the vynil copy that don't even have a record player to listen to it on, they are buying it to collect/keep. In the US there are a few who still listens to vynil, but I bet alot of the vynil sales will be because someone wants to keep/collect it vs playing it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2234 on: October 29, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »

True and I know that there is alot of people buying the vynil copy that don't even have a record player to listen to it on, they are buying it to collect/keep. In the US there are a few who still listens to vynil, but I bet alot of the vynil sales will be because someone wants to keep/collect it vs playing it.

^I'm one of those crazies.  That vinyl will be framed and on my wall.  Yeah, it means that much to me. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #2235 on: October 30, 2008, 01:37:37 AM »

You also get the free digital download if you buy the vinyl.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2236 on: October 30, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »

i still buy vinyl all the time!

only one web site is offering vinyl so far for UK customers (whatrecords.co.uk) - but am sure it will be available in this format over here.  I checked with HMV and they were still dubious as to it coming out at all and only had CD listed as a format. Told me to check with them closer to the time re them stocking the vinyl. 

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2237 on: October 30, 2008, 08:26:50 AM »

I will buy the vynyl one as well.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2238 on: October 30, 2008, 08:50:18 AM »

Are vinyl sales separate from CD sales, digital sales, etc.?  Or are they all grouped together for overall album sales?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2239 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:44 AM »

Are vinyl sales separate from CD sales, digital sales, etc.?  Or are they all grouped together for overall album sales?
good question, I have no idea.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: