Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566552 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

-There's still no release date but the earliest we could get the album at this time is November 25.

Yeah.

Unfortunately the press don't seem to get it.

They're all printing that date as the "release date".

With the exception of the NY Times.....

/jarmo

Exactly.  I feel like people may or may not be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Although it would be nice if we get some sort of short announcement from the band or management confirming or denying this date.  If only due to the fact that MTV, Rolling Stone, NY Times, Billboard, etc. are ALL running this story.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »

Let's look at it this way.  These rumors (release date especially) haven't been officially shot down or confirmed.  Maybe that means the GNR camp doesn't KNOW that Nov. 25th is the firm date.  Everyone assumes they are always hiding something.  Details are probably being worked out to determine if that's a viable date.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

Exactly.  I feel like people may or may not be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Well, that might be the case.

But it's more about how fast news that aren't completely accurate spreads.

What happened to fact checking?

Most articles mention the Body Of Lies movie. It's a fact.
Then they mention the release date and it's not a fact. At least not until somebody announces it to be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

Let's look at it this way.  These rumors (release date especially) haven't been officially shot down or confirmed.  Maybe that means the GNR camp doesn't KNOW that Nov. 25th is the firm date.  Everyone assumes they are always hiding something.  Details are probably being worked out to determine if that's a viable date.

Dont you think they read newspapers or the internet? Even in little Denmark the "news" are in 7 or 8 diffenrents media.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »

GN'R fans should know better by now than to believe anything any media outlet says before it's confirmed by GN'R themselves. I'll save my jumping for joy until then  ok

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
suicide
VIP

« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »

I think it's strange that GN'R thought it was important enough to dismiss the reality show rumours (which I never heard about 'till they dismissed the rumour) but now that this date is published everywhere we don't hear anything. I know and understand that GN'R can't comment on every rumour but this one is getting way too big not to comment on... if it's untrue.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »

From everything I've heard, read, seen, etc....that date was never officially announced or mentioned by anyone.  Unless they've got some unnamed confirmation from sources inside the label, Best Buy...somewhere...that none of us know about...there's nothing concrete.

It's a RUMOR from the floor of what essentially was a Best Buy trade show.  It was complete scuttlebutt, nothing concrete at all.  It may, or may not, be accurate.

I would have to agree about some of the reporting of the Nov. 25th date.  But as far as the Billboard article goes, they do not give a release date.  And my guess is that Cohen is not basing this report on trade show rumors.

Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »

I would have to agree about some of the reporting of the Nov. 25th date.  But as far as the Billboard article goes, they do not give a release date.  And my guess is that Cohen is not basing this report on trade show rumors.

Best Buy will be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date.

True, but keep in mind that my response was more geared toward the more general "media" comment jarmo had made....and specifically targeted toward the media printing the November 25th as "the" date.

The Billboard article looks to be more responsible and well researched, judging from the prose and phrasing.  It SOUNDS like they have some independant corroboration.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »

I think it's strange that GN'R thought it was important enough to dismiss the reality show rumours (which I never heard about 'till they dismissed the rumour) but now that this date is published everywhere we don't hear anything. I know and understand that GN'R can't comment on every rumour but this one is getting way too big not to comment on... if it's untrue.

Maybe it's pointless to dismiss a rumor while you're actually working on the deal.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »

If GNR were to comment on every rumor... management would go mute after the incessant amount of B.S. circulating around about the band, former members and the album.

We would have an official statement every 20 minutes.

A slow yes is better than a fast no....

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »

Maybe it's pointless to dismiss a rumor while you're actually working on the deal.....

/jarmo

I interpret that like all parties involved are still working it out....not dismissing the 25th of november?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »

You just have to kinda go with the flow. It's unfortunate, but we live in a world where "news" is dictated by heresay, gossip, and the rumor mill. Fact checking has become a thing of the past, and it's all about getting a headline, true or not. I'm not gonna worry whether get pissed if the release date is Nov. 25th or not, IMO, so much has been done over the years that one more false hope won't deter me and it shouldn't anyone else. I hope it comes out then, and I truly believe it will, but I'm smart enough to know that if it doesn't, it's probably not the band's fault. The ball seems to be in Best Buy's court now. I HIGHLY doubt Best Buy woulda signed the deal if they weren't gonna put it out this year. You know they're gonna wanna use the holidays for the push...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »

^^^ that makes perfect sense. Best Buy isn't the kind of company you can jerk around. They want $$$$ and holding off on the release ain't gonna cut it.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »

I interpret that like all parties involved are still working it out....not dismissing the 25th of november?

Quote from: NY Times
Additionally, Best Buy is negotiating with the band to be the exclusive retailer of ?Chinese Democracy.? The album could go on sale as early as Nov. 25, according to people close to the deal who were not authorized to speak because it has not been completed.

Quote from: Billboard
Best Buy is set to be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2008, 03:16:25 PM »

I don't know why we keep seeing the same circle of events. 

Actually that's not true.  I DO know why.

There was the Best Buy conference late last week, so in a frenzy of "me first" and "one upmanship", select members of the GNR community decide that a statement MUST be coming from the band on Monday, so want to be the first to post it based on their "sources".  Meaning - their assumptions or other forum posts.  Then a bunch of people get caught in the frenzy and feed off each other, and all of a sudden people are staying up late just breathlessly waiting for the imminent press release that is SURE to come, confirming the release date on Chi Dem.

I have no sympathy.  Zero.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »

At some point something needs to be said. And SOON. GNR management knows what the public interpretations are now (from the latest development) and are waiting for something official, one way or another. I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »

I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.

Seriously, I think everybody really gives a fuck what you deem unacceptable....

Roll Eyes

I suggest you relax and let those who are involved handle it.  ok

/jarmo

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »

I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.

Seriously, I think everybody really gives a fuck what you deem unacceptable....

Roll Eyes

I suggest you relax and let those who are involved handle it.  ok

/jarmo

Don't take it so negatively. But the way the media has maybe jumped the gun a bit and most fans are now expecting a Nov-25th release, the GNR camp needs to come out and set the record straight. Even a  "Negotiations are close but nothing is official, and we will let you know as soon as something becomes official" type statement would be a good way to set things straight for everyone until then.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »

I'm sure that just put the fear of God in them.   rofl

If you think about it with some semblance of logic, the GNR camp waited until after the RB2 people made their announcement before confirming SR on gnr.com.  So it seems the protocol is that the next official statement will come from the Body of Lies people followed by confirmation from gnr.com.  Only after that's all out of the way, we should/could get some kind of simultaneous (or one immediately after the other) official announcement from the GNR camp and Best Buy (or whomever).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

At some point something needs to be said. And SOON. GNR management knows what the public interpretations are now (from the latest development) and are waiting for something official, one way or another. I'll give them the rest of this week and after that point I deem it unacceptable.

rofl and who are you?  What, are you going to start firing people?  Another one of those "entitled" fans....Sorry but this is a great time for Guns N Roses, and a great time for the fans...For those of us who have been following the making of this record since the beginning it is especially a great time for us...so why be so negative?  Oh I forgot it's because Axl "owes" you something.. Roll Eyes  It has only been a few days since this story broke, chill out...The band will set the record straight...they always do...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: