Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566550 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2008, 04:51:38 PM »

I do wonder where Mysteron is.

Although I believe, and I may be wrong so don't kill me if I am mistaken, that he said at one point certain things should be left to the band themselves.

I wonder...

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »

Although I believe, and I may be wrong so don't kill me if I am mistaken, that he said at one point certain things should be left to the band themselves.

I wonder...
If i'm not wrong, he said we'd hear about SR being released on itunes or not soon as well...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »

All these stories refer to the one rumor of a 'bestbuy convention'...if there were 900 people there, why no first hand accounts?  No cell phone video of Andy Gould?  Rolling Stone, Billboard, and MTV have all run this story, yet there is no hard evidence, and no official confirmation?

Wasnt Gould talking about Body of Lies and If The World? Which turn out to be true. Its not a hoax and we are only days away from an announcement regarding CD.
Man, I hope so.  It just seems that every media outlet is just rehashing this one - unconfirmed - story...some going out on various limbs and adding their own no-source additions.  Doesn't it strike you as wierd that nobody knows one of the 900 besides this one uncle?  Almost the same 'story' came out a couple weeks ago - but it was Vegas instead of Dallas...

Maybe I have trust issues after all this time.  I do believe this HAS to be the year, and Nov. 25 MUST be the day...but the 'BestBuy' story doesn't smell right...

I wonder...
Yes...I think I NEED to hear it from the band...RS/BB/NME/MTV are high on their own farts, and cannot be trusted.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:47:47 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »

I wonder...
If i'm not wrong, he said we'd hear about SR being released on itunes or not soon as well...

He said we'd hear about it either from himself or the band within a few weeks.  That was in mid July.  Roll Eyes Shocking.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:42:55 PM by sofine11 » Logged
ben9785
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2008, 06:49:20 PM »

This is the way I'm seeing it at the moment, based on the recent developments.

-The album is definitely finished and out of Axl's hands, ready for release. This is no longer up for debate.
-Following the release of the "Body of Lies" films, two songs which are both off the album will have been released to the public.
-I don't think Mr Gould would have been so open to preview the album for a bunch of Best Buy employees if their company didn't get the rights to distribute it, so this means that an agreement has been reached for getting the album out.
-There's still no release date but the earliest we could get the album at this time is November 25.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »

I'm not excited about the exclusive release, but hey, at least it's being released!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »

I wonder...

He said we'd hear about it either from himself or the band within a few weeks.  That was in mid July.  Roll Eyes Shocking.

I'm very surprised he hasn't said anything this past week. Maybe things are so close he isn't needed in that capacity anymore?

Or maybe was told to keep things under wraps.

I don't know who he is, but I'm very grateful for his info all this time.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »

I wonder...

I'm very surprised he hasn't said anything this past week. Maybe things are so close he isn't needed in that capacity anymore?

Or maybe was told to keep things under wraps.

I don't know who he is, but I'm very grateful for his info all this time.

He organized the pre-sales for the NY warm-up shows.   He's beyond doubt in my book.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »

Oh I know he did, and I take what he says as the truth.

Just wondering where he's been that's all. He usually lets us know what's going on when things start popping up.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »

Yeah I know I thought 2 weeks would be a good time to wait to keep the buzz going but I think I'd rather be hit with all of it.  Go ahead knock me on my ass and overwhelm me with GNR info.  A good flood can really sweep things clean.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2008, 09:56:11 AM »

-There's still no release date but the earliest we could get the album at this time is November 25.

Yeah.

Unfortunately the press don't seem to get it.

They're all printing that date as the "release date".

With the exception of the NY Times.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

It'd be cewl if it's dec. 10th since that's quite an important date in atlas shrugged.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:18 AM »

Even though I have my own hopes up, I'm not prepared to blame Best Buy, the label or the band for that matter if things don't happen on my time line.

Like Jarmo said, the press at almost every outlet is claiming November 25 as the release date. That info (and the Best Buy deal itself) has yet to be actually confirmed so I hope everyone doesn't use it as an excuse to crawl all over the band if it doesn't happen.

Don't get me wrong I'd love and am excited for it to happen, I just know that nothing is solid until we hear it from Best Buy, the label or the band.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »

Yeah.

/jarmo

See, that's what sorta ticks me off in all this.  I touched on it in a post in the "old" Best Buy thread....

From everything I've heard, read, seen, etc....that date was never officially announced or mentioned by anyone.  Unless they've got some unnamed confirmation from sources inside the label, Best Buy...somewhere...that none of us know about...there's nothing concrete.

It's a RUMOR from the floor of what essentially was a Best Buy trade show.  It was complete scuttlebutt, nothing concrete at all.  It may, or may not, be accurate.

Way back when, about 15-ish years ago, I was an assistant manager at an Electronics Boutique.  We had these EVERY year...they were cool as fuck.  Play new games not out yet, see new systems, etc.  But you wouldn't BELIEVE the rumors that would swirl around...some stuff that was totally, completely fabricated. Release dates were the tamest of the rumors...and sometimes it was legit, but far more often it was crap.  Or, it was legit at the time, and changed drastically a month or so later.

To print this rumor  like it's "FACT" (or for any of us to assume it is) just leads us down the same old path we've been down before.  And if GnR "misses" this artificial, rumored, completely fictitious for all we know, release date.....both the press and the masses will start screaming and yelling, again.

It sorta sucks....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:08:42 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »

Pilferk i highly doubt that the powers to be would let the press rabble on this much about 25th nov .

I think they know it's last chance saloon as far as an album titled chin dem is concerned .I think the repercussions this time round woulld be immense .

Even 5- 10 yrs down the road.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »

Pilferk i highly doubt that the powers to be would let the press rabble on this much about 25th nov .

I think they know it's last chance saloon as far as an album titled chin dem is concerned .I think the repercussions this time round woulld be immense .

I agree with Pilferk though.  The same thing has been said in years past. "if they miss this one, it's the last chance for this album"  I can't count how many times it's been said.  Hell...just an example...the GNR Behind the Music gave a release date.  Didn't happen.

Rumors just don't get killed as fast as they can or should be in the GNR world.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »

Maybe so....maybe not.

When asked directly by the press, they've given a strict "no comment" it seems. (See the above linked MTV article for "Gould won't confirm reports", for example).

If the Nov 25th date is at least possible, they're not going to come out and say "No"...because they dont' want egg on their faces later.  They're likewise not going to say "Yes", even if that's the agreed upon date, until they're ready with a press release.

Alternately, if negotiations are still ongoing, you don't want to poison them, or damage your position in them, by commenting one way or the other.  Until all the i's are dotted, t's are crossed, and papers signed......you keep your mouth shut.  And even once they are...that's what press releases are for.  So even if the Nov 25th date is completely WRONG, you might not get the word it's wrong until they're ready with details of what's "right".

I'm not saying ALL this is wrong....I think the Best Buy exclusive part, the aiming for a release by years end part...all that is probably happening. The smoke/fire paradigm, to some extent.   I'm talking about strictly holding them to the November 25th date....something I don't think anyone should do.  And quite frankly, something the press should make sure they label as RUMOR unless they have some sort of independant confirmation they're just not telling anyone about (certainly possible).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:22:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:46 PM »

Yeah.

/jarmo

True however the Billboard article doesn't touch a specific release date as well, just that's supposed to come before year's end as obviously Billboard quotes sources who may or may not be management.
With this story Billboard follows the same pattern as with The Eagles and AC/DC, they "spread" unofficial news provided by sources and within weeks both stories (exclusive releases) were confirmed. Seems highly likely that within weeks this story is confirmed as well, hopefully at least. I mean, why would Andy Gould attend this Best Buy convention in the first place?

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »

Yeah.

/jarmo

To print this rumor  like it's "FACT" (or for any of us to assume it is) just leads us down the same old path we've been down before.  And if GnR "misses" this artificial, rumored, completely fictitious for all we know, release date.....both the press and the masses will start screaming and yelling, again.

It sorta sucks....

That March 2007 tentative-thing was just like it: Axl opens his mouth, something does not happen, and everybody bashes him. Very annoying, but it explains why he doesn't like to open his mouth too often.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »

Im 100% sure that the recording from the event with Best Buy and Gould wasnt a hoax. Its sounds real and insiders would have shot it down by now...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: