Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 02:55:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567470 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1940 on: October 21, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »

Oh for Gods sake.... plan your release parties on tuesday the 25th.  That way, you know you will have the cd...  beer

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1941 on: October 21, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »

i'm planning mine for someday before I die... that way there's no disappointment.  rofl

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1942 on: October 21, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »

23rd, 25th, whatever, the Steele household will be rockin... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdhiRwuzis8&NR=1

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #1943 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »

i'm planning mine for someday before I die... that way there's no disappointment.  rofl

Let's hope you don't get struck by lightning on 11/22.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1944 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

If I die, Im gonna make a living will that I am to be kept on life support just in case u can still hear shit. hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1945 on: October 21, 2008, 03:47:52 PM »

If I die, Im gonna make a living will that I am to be kept on life support just in case u can still hear shit. hihi hihi

Presumably you mean if you keel over before the 23rd (or let's say 25th to be on the safe side)?  Otherwise, I'd have to say, "If?!  Didn't know death was an optional extra these days!"   Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1946 on: October 21, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »

Presumably you mean if you keel over before the 23rd (or let's say 25th to be on the safe side)?  Otherwise, I'd have to say, "If?!  Didn't know death was an optional extra these days!"   Wink

it is! you get a first round draft pick if you trade your soul to Satan.  smoking

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1947 on: October 21, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »

Oh for Gods sake.... plan your release parties on tuesday the 25th.  That way, you know you will have the cd...  beer

That's a good suggestion and I appreciate it, but Tuesday is actually the harder day to plan for of the two. So if/when official word comes, I'm hoping it's Sunday.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1948 on: October 21, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »

Does it have to be on the release date?

Maybe a few days after would work for you as well?

That way, you all would've had a few days to listen to it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1949 on: October 21, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »

Maybe a couple of years...to be on the safe side.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1950 on: October 21, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

/jarmo

That's part of the reason I'm hoping it's Sunday. Because, yes I do want to have the release party on the actual day of release but also because of everyone's work schedule I know. It's gonna be way harder for people I know to get that Tuesday off then that Sunday.

I didn't mean to derail this thread for so long with complaining about the exact release date. But at least hopefully people understand why it's so important to me by now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1951 on: October 21, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party." And for the record, how is it "funny" to have a party for the release? I have a hard time believing we're the only ones planning for such an event.

I'm gonna tread softly here to try and explain myself. I've been waiting for this album for as long as anyone else has and dont get me wrong i'm pretty excited about its potential release. I'll be at best buy the day of to get a copy, heck i'll probably buy 3. I'll encourage my friends to pick it up as well and look forward to hearing their reaction. That said, I just thought the sound of planning a 'release party' for the release of something you had nothing to do with seemed a little extreme. I just got this image in my head of how foolish something like that would look. Sorry if i offended you release party planners but when it all comes down to it this is an album not the birth of a child. Theres more important things in life to celebrate and I just wonder if some of you realize that.

There are fans and then there are fanatics.  My friend, you've entered the world of the fanatics.

Yeah. And you can either make life boring for you, or make it fun.

I agree...I see nothing wrong with people throwing release parties...I am also going to be at Best buy before they open...I will be buying every verison of the album that is available and doubles to keep sealed...I guess I would enter into the realm of what you call a "fanatic"...but isnt that the point of even being here?  If you are not passionate about this band I really don't understand why you would go through the trouble to set up an account on this forum...This is a great time for us GNR fans...especially those who have been waiting for this since the mid 90's...why criticize what is supposed to be fun for people?  You are going to give someone a hard time because they are celebrating TOO  much???   Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1952 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

The ironic thing is that it seems like some of the same people, who are organizing these parties, are the ones who are afraid to be "too happy" at this moment...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1953 on: October 21, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party." And for the record, how is it "funny" to have a party for the release? I have a hard time believing we're the only ones planning for such an event.

I'm gonna tread softly here to try and explain myself. I've been waiting for this album for as long as anyone else has and dont get me wrong i'm pretty excited about its potential release. I'll be at best buy the day of to get a copy, heck i'll probably buy 3. I'll encourage my friends to pick it up as well and look forward to hearing their reaction. That said, I just thought the sound of planning a 'release party' for the release of something you had nothing to do with seemed a little extreme. I just got this image in my head of how foolish something like that would look. Sorry if i offended you release party planners but when it all comes down to it this is an album not the birth of a child. Theres more important things in life to celebrate and I just wonder if some of you realize that.

There are fans and then there are fanatics.  My friend, you've entered the world of the fanatics.

Yeah. And you can either make life boring for you, or make it fun.

I agree...I see nothing wrong with people throwing release parties...I am also going to be at Best buy before they open...I will be buying every verison of the album that is available and doubles to keep sealed...I guess I would enter into the realm of what you call a "fanatic"...but isnt that the point of even being here?  If you are not passionate about this band I really don't understand why you would go through the trouble to set up an account on this forum...This is a great time for us GNR fans...especially those who have been waiting for this since the mid 90's...why criticize what is supposed to be fun for people?  You are going to give someone a hard time because they are celebrating TOO  much???   Roll Eyes

If you read my post, I wasn't criticizing anyone.  Simply stating that some here are "fanatics" which you just admitted yourself. Never said there was anything wrong with it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1954 on: October 21, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »

The ironic thing is that it seems like some of the same people, who are organizing these parties, are the ones who are afraid to be "too happy" at this moment...

/jarmo

I think it is just natural apprehension at this point.

Like for people who are Red Sox fans, in 2004, even up 3 games to none in the world series, and leading big late in game 4, still didn't believe it was actually happening. I think that is what we are seeing here, people just can't believe it is really here. Which I can understand. It has felt close many times before, only to fall apart.

No one wants to feel dissapointed again, so they keep their expectations in check.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Olorin
« Reply #1955 on: October 21, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

/jarmo

That's part of the reason I'm hoping it's Sunday. Because, yes I do want to have the release party on the actual day of release but also because of everyone's work schedule I know. It's gonna be way harder for people I know to get that Tuesday off then that Sunday.

I didn't mean to derail this thread for so long with complaining about the exact release date. But at least hopefully people understand why it's so important to me by now.

How many people are coming? Can't they leave Sunday open either way and perhaps in the next few weeks we will have a confirmed release date, that would still leave your friends a couple of weeks to take the tuesday off - if in 3 weeks time we still dont have a confirmation I would be starting to get seriously dubious that this isnt going to fall through anyway.

I think this is just your way of putting pressure on Universal to make an announcment....i] Wink
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #1956 on: October 21, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

/jarmo

There's a man of practical application.  I can appreciate that.
Olorin
« Reply #1957 on: October 21, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »

/jarmo

As optimistic all the recent events have been, that reaction cant be suprising. I mean for  the love of god, just stick up a Yay or Nay on the website so russtcb can start planning his feckin party!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1958 on: October 21, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »

/jarmo

that's cause the true die-hards have been through this, and we've learned from our experiences.  hihi
maybe better stated....we've paid attention to your posts over the years.

Shadows - totally agree. i'm lost that supposed gnr "fans" would criticize other fans for being too excited or "fanatical." and on a gnr message board no less.

"fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1959 on: October 21, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »

that's cause the true die-hards have been through this, and we've learned from our experiences.  hihi

Too bad you didn't learn that past experiences were nothing like this.

What would you call that?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: