Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567444 times)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1920 on: October 21, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »

Sorry in advance if this is old....or I'm just missing something.. but is http://www.gunsnrosesonline.com gone?

it's a fan-site

it was up yesterday.... maybe it has some temporary problem on the server... or maybe it's being revamp

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1921 on: October 21, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party." And for the record, how is it "funny" to have a party for the release? I have a hard time believing we're the only ones planning for such an event.

im sure we will know in not too long.. its over 4 weeks til the release.. lots can stil happen..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1922 on: October 21, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

Thanks J

cindyscrazy how old is your daughter?

She's 9 yrs old.  Old enough, I guess, and I will play it around her later on.  I just want the first day or so to myself Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #1923 on: October 21, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »

My money is on Nov 23rd.  I'm going to see AC/DC that night in St Paul so it is going to be a HUGE motherf'er music day.... 1st Time ever to see AC/DC and the start of Chinese Democracy....  beer Grin

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1924 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party." And for the record, how is it "funny" to have a party for the release? I have a hard time believing we're the only ones planning for such an event.

well, if you plan it for the 23rd, theres a chance it will be too early.   plan for the 25th, and you should be golden.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1925 on: October 21, 2008, 12:14:17 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party."

I understand that he wants to know.

I'm just curious what exactly he's doing since it's five weeks away.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #1926 on: October 21, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »

If I was to be told from an official source whether the date was Sunday or Tuesday, it'd be alot easier to plan the party.

This is flatout, one of the funniest posts this year.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I laughed out loud. I picture Bruce Willis saying it in the Moonlighting era.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:27:36 PM by destry rides again » Logged

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1927 on: October 21, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

I completely understand what you're saying Russ. I don't think Jarmo does however. Yes, with everything (Best Buy site, the promo ads) pointing to either the 23rd or 25th, it would be nice to know which of those days will be the release date. Especially in the case where you're having people coming from the other side of the state to your "release party."

/jarmo

I don't work in retail myself (THANK GOD!!) but my mom did for most of her life. 

In that kind of job, if you don't request the day off about a month or so in advance, you could end up working on Thanksgiving day, nevermind a random Sunday or Tuesday.  It sucks.   I understand where he's coming from. 

My job is a little more lenient, but the more time I have to ask for the day off, the better.  I've already fought off at least 2 people for a day off that week. 

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1928 on: October 21, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »

Yup Axl is a total A-hole!!!!!  Roll Eyes

you're right... Chinese Democracy should be released so that your little get-together should go without a hitch!!! He's so insensitive. Best Buy, GN'R Management and Universal should also consider that too...  crying

Axl isn't an asshole...and Best Buy doesn't need to take me into consideration.

I just hate having to be a responsible adult.  But, you know, shit happens.   peace

i was just having some fun... it sucks to be in your position. a clear definitive answer would be nice... for everyone, not just for you and your babysitter.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1929 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

/jarmo

I doubt even Jarmo knows for sure which  exact day it is or else he would surely have cleared this up by now with one short sentence.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1930 on: October 21, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »

/jarmo

I don't work in retail myself (THANK GOD!!) but my mom did for most of her life. 

In that kind of job, if you don't request the day off about a month or so in advance, you could end up working on Thanksgiving day, nevermind a random Sunday or Tuesday.  It sucks.   I understand where he's coming from. 

My job is a little more lenient, but the more time I have to ask for the day off, the better.  I've already fought off at least 2 people for a day off that week. 

That week is going to be hard for just about everyone I know to get a day off because off all those reasons to do with retail.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1931 on: October 21, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

i'm thrilled as anyone, whether it's 11/23 or 11/25!! perfect timing, btw!! pre-turkey day/black friday!!

i think most of us are just skeptical as we were told not to believe anything about CD, unless it comes from the band.  peace

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Olorin
« Reply #1932 on: October 21, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »

/jarmo

That week is going to be hard for just about everyone I know to get a day off because off all those reasons to do with retail.

All you have to do is phone in and explain in graphic detail about the the awful case of diarrhea you have been struck down with.

Bingo - day off! ok
kuruptlon
Opening Act

« Reply #1933 on: October 21, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »

I'm gonna tread softly here to try and explain myself. I've been waiting for this album for as long as anyone else has and dont get me wrong i'm pretty excited about its potential release. I'll be at best buy the day of to get a copy, heck i'll probably buy 3. I'll encourage my friends to pick it up as well and look forward to hearing their reaction. That said, I just thought the sound of planning a 'release party' for the release of something you had nothing to do with seemed a little extreme. I just got this image in my head of how foolish something like that would look. Sorry if i offended you release party planners but when it all comes down to it this is an album not the birth of a child. Theres more important things in life to celebrate and I just wonder if some of you realize that.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1934 on: October 21, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »

We will get confirmation of the specific date soon enough.  I'm guess in select stores Sun the 23rd, and online/all stores and international on Tues 25th.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1935 on: October 21, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »

Here here.

I don't feel I'm "owed" anything. But I sure would like to know the release date. I am honestly trying to plan a party for release day and it sure would help to know which day to plan for.

Obviously a Sunday would be easier to plan with peoples work schedules and all, but it would still help to know for sure.

You can pretty much call any Best Buy and speak with a Music Dept. Manager and they will tell you it is 11/23.This is not exactly a well kept secret.I plan on blasting the album in the parking lot that morning til I get thrown out for noise violations.

Yeah, I could do that. And 50% of the time, I'll get someone who says "Guns N' Roses has a new album coming out?" and the other 50% of the time they'll claim 11/23. T

Their website says 11/25, their inventory system says 11/25 (my friend checks every shift she works for me), my pre-order I placed with their website says 11/25.... but RS and many online news sources say 11/23.

So you must understand that this is clear as mud.

Nope, no mud here.

It isn't just any source.It is the senior entertainment officer for Best Buy.How much higher do you want the CEO? I am sure RS confirmed the date with him.

?The music is well worth waiting for,? says Gary Arnold, senior entertainment officer for Best Buy, which began negotiating the deal in 2007. ?We?ve all heard the stories about this album, and now everybody gets to hear that it?s real.?

Actually, Gary Arnold is not the CEO of Best Buy, it is Brad Anderson:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=BBY

Here's some info on Gary Arnold:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117956202.html?categoryid=20&cs=1

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1936 on: October 21, 2008, 02:02:41 PM »

/jarmo

All you have to do is phone in and explain in graphic detail about the the awful case of diarrhea you have been struck down with.

Bingo - day off! ok

Haha... I'm actually more worried about others then myself. I pretty sure I can work out either day for myself. But it's the people driving for a while away that I'm concerned with.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1937 on: October 21, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »

I'm gonna tread softly here to try and explain myself. I've been waiting for this album for as long as anyone else has and dont get me wrong i'm pretty excited about its potential release. I'll be at best buy the day of to get a copy, heck i'll probably buy 3. I'll encourage my friends to pick it up as well and look forward to hearing their reaction. That said, I just thought the sound of planning a 'release party' for the release of something you had nothing to do with seemed a little extreme. I just got this image in my head of how foolish something like that would look. Sorry if i offended you release party planners but when it all comes down to it this is an album not the birth of a child. Theres more important things in life to celebrate and I just wonder if some of you realize that.

There are fans and then there are fanatics.  My friend, you've entered the world of the fanatics.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jada
« Reply #1938 on: October 21, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »

There are fans and then there are fanatics.  My friend, you've entered the world of the fanatics.

Yeah. And you can either make life boring for you, or make it fun.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1939 on: October 21, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »

Yeah. And you can either make life boring for you, or make it fun.

Good call.

I mean I can see why someone wouldn't throw their own party, I sure as hell am gonna party!  beer

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: