Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566524 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1880 on: October 21, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

Great post! Agree! ^

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1881 on: October 21, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »

Everyone freaking out over the date is being really fucking dramatic.

Chinese Democracy 2008 = All That Matters

I know everyone likes to get wrapped up in the "what CD means to me" shit, and how you want to do this, and do that, and it has to be perfect, you need a little bell on your hat so you look pretty, etc. etc.....

but come on this is fucking guns n' roses

I'm surprised because a lot of you freaking are long timers like me who have put a lot into this, and now that's its so close, you are freaking out because you worry it won't be "the perfect way you want it."

But we musn't fret right now. It's October 21st. In one month and a seemingly yet to be finalized number of days, there is no going back!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1882 on: October 21, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »

Here here.

I don't feel I'm "owed" anything. But I sure would like to know the release date. I am honestly trying to plan a party for release day and it sure would help to know which day to plan for.

Obviously a Sunday would be easier to plan with peoples work schedules and all, but it would still help to know for sure.

I agree 100%.

how can we be expected to trust Best Buy?Huh

we've had false alarms in the past. been there, done that. i'm not assuming anything until i get something official. even if it's word from Jarmo that the album IS coming out on November XX.

i'm not angry or disappointed, and i'm not expecting any special insights via a letter to the fans. just waiting patiently for official confirmation.  

i'm gonna do my small part to promote this thing (mass e-mails to friends, local print media in philly, local radio stations, etc.) but i will not even begin to think about that until i have word from someone a little higher up than a freakin retail electronics store.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1883 on: October 21, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »

Chinese Democracy 2008 = All That Matters

Sorry if this comes off as "dramatic" to you, but I'd just like to hear it from an official source.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1884 on: October 21, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »

Here here.

I don't feel I'm "owed" anything. But I sure would like to know the release date. I am honestly trying to plan a party for release day and it sure would help to know which day to plan for.

Obviously a Sunday would be easier to plan with peoples work schedules and all, but it would still help to know for sure.

I agree 100%.

we've had false alarms in the past. been there, done that. i'm not assuming anything until i get something official. even if it's word from Jarmo that the album IS coming out on November XX.

i'm not angry or disappointed, and i'm not expecting any special insights via a letter to the fans. just waiting patiently for official confirmation.  

i'm gonna do my small part to promote this thing (mass e-mails to friends, local print media in philly, local radio stations, etc.) but i will not even begin to think about that until i have word from someone a little higher up than a freakin retail electronics store.

I wish people understood what you're trying to say here.

If you happen to be leary because we haven't heard from an official source on this you get insulted. That's pretty ridiculous to me.

I started out this morning just pointing out that I don't need a press release or a big press conference, I'd just like to know the actual, confirmed date.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1885 on: October 21, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »

I don't think Axl has to do a press release, a video, a tour or anything else for that matter. But if you are looking at it from a business standpoint... it would be kind of stupid not to.

All of us here are salavating in anticipation of the album. But we would probably buy the album even if it was Axl singing with Barney and the Teletubbies. Regular fans need to be informed of the album and the band, because it has been almost two decades since GNR has been relevant.

I am sure Best Buy, the label, the management team, PR team, and everyone else involved in this project would want a press release and as much promotion as possible in order to sell sell sell! Isn't that the point?

Besides what legitimate reason would there be not to do a press release by Axl, except ... he doesn't feel like it. If that is the attitude he is going to have, he will be starting off on the wrong foot.

I hope they do everything to promote this album and hype it up as the greatest thing thing since sliced bread. I would love for GNR to break record sales (by todays standards) and become one of todays best selling artist. They may not outsell AFD, UYI I & II, but, it would be cool if they sell like 5 million records or sell 1 million records in the first week and debut number 1 on Billboard and stay there for a few months.

Olorin
« Reply #1886 on: October 21, 2008, 10:54:03 AM »

Some of us here are no more than breastfeeding babies clinging to Axl's big floppy tit, while others are a step away from grabbing the pitchforks and torches.

Probably the best and most accurate generalisation of the online GN'R community I have read. Cheesy

I've seen a lot of things in my 30 years, and the social experiment that is GN'R's public relations initiative just continues to surprise me...

Me too, I try to pretend I don't see it, but there is a sense of distain that surrounds a lot of their actions.

Hopefully the upcoming period will be much more fruitful and enjoyable for the fans and the band.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1887 on: October 21, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »

Well lets see If I can make a post with out it getting deleted for god knows what reason...

The date thing needs to be adreesed BB seems to be saying two different dates.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1888 on: October 21, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »

Just take a look at the facts:

Andy Gould went to the Best Buy convention and played them some new songs.
Best Buy has it on their site.
It's a Best Buy exclusive in USA.
We have seen the cover art and track listing.

Add to that the two new tracks that have been used in Rock Band 2 and Body Of Lies.

If this was a fraud from Best Buy's side, I think something would've been done about it.

All of the above makes this a totally different scenario to Amazon.com adding it for pre-order in 2005 or whatever.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1889 on: October 21, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »

Well lets see If I can make a post with out it getting deleted for god knows what reason...

The date thing needs to be adreesed BB seems to be saying two different dates.

In the end, that's probably my biggest problem.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1890 on: October 21, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »

Just take a look at the facts:

Andy Gould went to the Best Buy convention and played them some new songs.
Best Buy has it on their site.
It's a Best Buy exclusive in USA.
We have seen the cover art and track listing.

Add to that the two new tracks that have been used in Rock Band 2 and Body Of Lies.

If this was a fraud from Best Buy's side, I think something would've been done about it.

All of the above makes this a totally different scenario to Amazon.com adding it for pre-order in 2005 or whatever.

/jarmo

I totally agree with all of that.

Some sources claiming Best Buy as their source are saying 23, then Best Buy's own site says and inventory system says otherwise.

That's why I'm confused.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1891 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

There's a two day difference between those two days.

Not a big deal if you ask me....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1892 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »

I don't think Axl has to do a press release, a video, a tour or anything else for that matter. But if you are looking at it from a business standpoint... it would be kind of stupid not to.

All of us here are salavating in anticipation of the album. But we would probably buy the album even if it was Axl singing with Barney and the Teletubbies.

dammit... how'd you find out about the Axl and Friends project... it wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. I have to say something now...

Axl is going to release a cover album called: "The Pre-School Incident" covering timeless classics as:

The Wheels on the Bus, Mary Had a Little Lamb and an emotionally captivating acapella version He Has the Whole World in His Hands.

Including guest appearances by: The Wiggles, Barney, Lil' Wayne, Madonna and Sebastian Bach.

Scheduled to release sometime in 2009?...

That is why a press release hasn't hit about CD... he doesn't want to take away from the album.  

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1893 on: October 21, 2008, 11:03:43 AM »

/jarmo

Oh my god a two day difference. So it could come out the 23rd or the 25th. That is so fucking confusing. My brain is literally going to explode if I think about it anymore.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1894 on: October 21, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

/jarmo

With Black Friday and Thanksgiving (two huge things here in America) being on that same week and the fact that I have several friends traveling from as far as a 3 hour drive away, it's kind of a big deal for me to plan.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1895 on: October 21, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »

/jarmo

With Black Friday and Thanksgiving (two huge things here in America) being on that same week and the fact that I have several friends traveling from as far as a 3 hour drive away, it's kind of a big deal for me to plan.

Plan what?

Buying and listening to it?  Huh

/jarmo

Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1896 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

/jarmo

Oh my god a two day difference. So it could come out the 23rd or the 25th. That is so fucking confusing. My brain is literally going to explode if I think about it anymore.

wow... a day or two day difference will determine whether you live or die... well then... you have other things to worry about. might I suggest a life.  hihi
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:10:46 AM by Silverchair » Logged

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1897 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »

dammit... how'd you find out about the Axl and Friends project... it wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. I have to say something now...

Axl is going to release a cover album called: "The Pre-School Incident" covering timeless classics as:

The Wheels on the Bus, Mary Had a Little Lamb and an emotionally captivating acapella version He Has the Whole World in His Hands.

Including guest appearances by: The Wiggles, Barney, Lil' Wayne, Madonna and Sebastian Bach.

That is why a press release hasn't hit about CD... he doesn't want to take away from the album.

I have been doing my investigative reporting. However, I was not aware of all the people that were participating in the project. Thanks for the update!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1898 on: October 21, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »

I have been doing my investigative reporting. However, I was not aware of all the people that were participating in the project. Thanks for the update!
ok

HUMOR = Negative Karma
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1899 on: October 21, 2008, 11:09:59 AM »

To use someones xmas reference. Well we know what we are getting, but it seems that jolly fat dude doesn't know what date to drop it off on.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:28:43 AM by Timothy08 » Logged

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: