Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565610 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1860 on: October 21, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »

Here here.

I don't feel I'm "owed" anything. But I sure would like to know the release date. I am honestly trying to plan a party for release day and it sure would help to know which day to plan for.

Obviously a Sunday would be easier to plan with peoples work schedules and all, but it would still help to know for sure.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1861 on: October 21, 2008, 09:07:35 AM »

Here here.

I don't feel I'm "owed" anything. But I sure would like to know the release date. I am honestly trying to plan a party for release day and it sure would help to know which day to plan for.

Obviously a Sunday would be easier to plan with peoples work schedules and all, but it would still help to know for sure.

You can pretty much call any Best Buy and speak with a Music Dept. Manager and they will tell you it is 11/23.This is not exactly a well kept secret.I plan on blasting the album in the parking lot that morning til I get thrown out for noise violations.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1862 on: October 21, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »

Here here.

Hey, I get the feeling, I'm in the same situation here.

I wish we could know the release date like 2 months earlier so I could plan the best party ever.

Still, we can't always get what we want...

Let's try to work with what we have here...

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1863 on: October 21, 2008, 09:12:53 AM »

Here here.

You can pretty much call any Best Buy and speak with a Music Dept. Manager and they will tell you it is 11/23.This is not exactly a well kept secret.I plan on blasting the album in the parking lot that morning til I get thrown out for noise violations.

Yeah, I could do that. And 50% of the time, I'll get someone who says "Guns N' Roses has a new album coming out?" and the other 50% of the time they'll claim 11/23. T

Their website says 11/25, their inventory system says 11/25 (my friend checks every shift she works for me), my pre-order I placed with their website says 11/25.... but RS and many online news sources say 11/23.

So you must understand that this is clear as mud.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1864 on: October 21, 2008, 09:14:20 AM »

Here here.

Yeah, I could do that. And 50% of the time, I'll get someone who says "Guns N' Roses has a new album coming out?" and the other 50% of the time they'll claim 11/23. T

Their website says 11/25, their inventory system says 11/25 (my friend checks every shift she works for me), my pre-order I placed with their website says 11/25.... but RS and many online news sources say 11/23.

I say 11/23 +/- two days until further notice.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1865 on: October 21, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »

Dr Pepper Will Honor Guns `n Roses Giveaway

by Paul Cashmere - October 21 2008
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The Dr Pepper company is going to honor its pledge to give a few can of Dr Pepper to every American when the Guns ?n Roses ?Chinese Democracy? album is released.

The company announced back in March that if Axl Rose got around to releasing the 17 year late album, that they would give a free can of the drink to every red-blooded American.

Well on November 25 in the USA, the album will finally be released and Dr. Pepper plan to make good with the promise.

A coupon will be available for download from the Dr Pepper site from the release date of the album. You will need to log into the site, print out the coupon and then take it in to a store to redeem you free drink.

Although internally there has been no official announcement about the release of the album, it is now scheduled on Universal Music upcoming release sheet.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6602

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1866 on: October 21, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

Here here.

Nope, no mud here.

It isn't just any source.It is the senior entertainment officer for Best Buy.How much higher do you want the CEO? I am sure RS confirmed the date with him.

?The music is well worth waiting for,? says Gary Arnold, senior entertainment officer for Best Buy, which began negotiating the deal in 2007. ?We?ve all heard the stories about this album, and now everybody gets to hear that it?s real.?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1867 on: October 21, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »

Here here.

It is as clear as mud.  My post regarding this was deleted due to the Mysteron controversy, so I'll say it again Smiley

I would really like to find out which date the release will actually happen.  I am single working mom and I wanted to take the day after the release off to enjoy the CD and celebrate.  Getting time off of work isn't incredibly hard, but it does require planning, especially around a holiday.  Put it this way, when I get sick, I'm asked to work from home for a couple of hours...so I can't just say I'm not coming in.

I put in for a vaca day on 11/24/08, thinking that it would be the day after the release.  If this ends up being the day BEFORE the release, then I've lost a day of work. I can't decide not to take it in the middle of the day, either. It's not pay that worries me, it's the backlog of work that worries me.  I'd much prefer not to deal with the hassle if I didn't have to Smiley

SO, yes I know it's not that big of a deal, and I'm only one person.  I'm just stating my feelings Smiley  I can't describe how happy I am that the album is coming out FINALLY!! I want to celebrate!!  If we don't find out the date of the release till the day it happens, I'm not gonna become suicidal, but I also will have to wait to celebrate, which would suck after all this time

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1868 on: October 21, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

Its obvious from the promo clips we have just seen that things are definetly under way. We know that as of last week Guns had been shopping around some marketing companies, its almost pretty certain the clips were a result of that (They have been thrown together pretty quickly). There are probably others out there from different companies.

Im sure we will get a statement from Axl but only when everything is in place!

Jonx
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: October 21, 2008, 09:27:25 AM »

Here here.

It is as clear as mud.  My post regarding this was deleted due to the Mysteron controversy, so I'll say it again Smiley

I would really like to find out which date the release will actually happen.  I am single working mom and I wanted to take the day after the release off to enjoy the CD and celebrate.  Getting time off of work isn't incredibly hard, but it does require planning, especially around a holiday.  Put it this way, when I get sick, I'm asked to work from home for a couple of hours...so I can't just say I'm not coming in.

I put in for a vaca day on 11/24/08, thinking that it would be the day after the release.  If this ends up being the day BEFORE the release, then I've lost a day of work. I can't decide not to take it in the middle of the day, either. It's not pay that worries me, it's the backlog of work that worries me.  I'd much prefer not to deal with the hassle if I didn't have to Smiley

SO, yes I know it's not that big of a deal, and I'm only one person.  I'm just stating my feelings Smiley  I can't describe how happy I am that the album is coming out FINALLY!! I want to celebrate!!  If we don't find out the date of the release till the day it happens, I'm not gonna become suicidal, but I also will have to wait to celebrate, which would suck after all this time

Exactly.

I'm happy as a pig in shit that the album is coming out in a month or so. But I'd still like to know for sure when that is so I can plan for it.

And the Best Buy CEO making a statement to Rolling Stone tells me nothing if he can't convince his own data entry department to put the date he's saying in their system.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1870 on: October 21, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »

Here here.

It is as clear as mud.  My post regarding this was deleted due to the Mysteron controversy, so I'll say it again Smiley

I would really like to find out which date the release will actually happen.  I am single working mom and I wanted to take the day after the release off to enjoy the CD and celebrate.  Getting time off of work isn't incredibly hard, but it does require planning, especially around a holiday.  Put it this way, when I get sick, I'm asked to work from home for a couple of hours...so I can't just say I'm not coming in.

I put in for a vaca day on 11/24/08, thinking that it would be the day after the release.  If this ends up being the day BEFORE the release, then I've lost a day of work. I can't decide not to take it in the middle of the day, either. It's not pay that worries me, it's the backlog of work that worries me.  I'd much prefer not to deal with the hassle if I didn't have to Smiley

SO, yes I know it's not that big of a deal, and I'm only one person.  I'm just stating my feelings Smiley  I can't describe how happy I am that the album is coming out FINALLY!! I want to celebrate!!  If we don't find out the date of the release till the day it happens, I'm not gonna become suicidal, but I also will have to wait to celebrate, which would suck after all this time

Exactly.

I'm happy as a pig in shit that the album is coming out in a month or so. But I'd still like to know for sure when that is so I can plan for it.

And the Best Buy CEO making a statement to Rolling Stone tells me nothing if he can't convince his own data entry department to put the date he's saying in their system.

They also spelled some songs wrong as well,BFD.
I know GNR fans are skeptical by nature but if you can't take his word then I don't know what to tell you.After negotiating since 07, I would imagine he has firm idea of the release date.If it were wrong, don't you think he would have contacted Rolling Stone.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1871 on: October 21, 2008, 09:37:56 AM »

Dont know if this is old news, or if the songs have been there before, but Universal have added the OLD GNR videos on theyr webside, under ROCK

http://www.universalmusic.com/genre/Rock

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1872 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Its on http://universal.dk/ (releaseplan)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1873 on: October 21, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »

I don't think Axl or the band don't want to make a press release. I just think that it all needs to calm down and take its path.

Quote from: Axl
The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn?t jeopardize the band or the album. It?s easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation.

There are at least 4 parties involved: Axl & The Band, Azoff & Gould, Universal & BestBuy. Hopefully, by now, they have a plan and an idea. Let's just try to wait and see...

Yes, yes it would be cool to have something like The Killers are doing:

http://www.thekillersmusic.com/

... but You can't have it all Smiley ...

v.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1874 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »

Here here.

It is as clear as mud.  My post regarding this was deleted due to the Mysteron controversy, so I'll say it again Smiley

I would really like to find out which date the release will actually happen.  I am single working mom and I wanted to take the day after the release off to enjoy the CD and celebrate.  Getting time off of work isn't incredibly hard, but it does require planning, especially around a holiday.  Put it this way, when I get sick, I'm asked to work from home for a couple of hours...so I can't just say I'm not coming in.

I put in for a vaca day on 11/24/08, thinking that it would be the day after the release.  If this ends up being the day BEFORE the release, then I've lost a day of work. I can't decide not to take it in the middle of the day, either. It's not pay that worries me, it's the backlog of work that worries me.  I'd much prefer not to deal with the hassle if I didn't have to Smiley

SO, yes I know it's not that big of a deal, and I'm only one person.  I'm just stating my feelings Smiley  I can't describe how happy I am that the album is coming out FINALLY!! I want to celebrate!!  If we don't find out the date of the release till the day it happens, I'm not gonna become suicidal, but I also will have to wait to celebrate, which would suck after all this time

Exactly.

They also spelled some songs wrong as well,BFD.
I know GNR fans are skeptical by nature but if you can't take his word then I don't know what to tell you.After negotiating since 07, I would imagine he has firm idea of the release date.If it were wrong, don't you think he would have contacted Rolling Stone.

I don't care about what Rolling Stone does and does not report. I also don't care about how songs are and are not spelled on Best Buy's website.

The release date is the big fucking deal to me.

Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1875 on: October 21, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »

Its on http://universal.dk/ (releaseplan)

Woohoo!!!   Grin
overmatik
« Reply #1876 on: October 21, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »

God bless Best Buy. If wasn't for them... Undecided
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1877 on: October 21, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »

that says 11/24  confused

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1878 on: October 21, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »

The name of the album is "New Album" according to that site hihi  The actual name doesn't matter, it's a NEW ALBUM FROM GNR!!!!!!! Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #1879 on: October 21, 2008, 10:32:15 AM »

*deep breath*

Ok...

On the press release - I'd LOVE to know what the hell is going on, but I'm also not going to pretend that this is a "normal" band. There is a strong business case to make an official announcement. It WILL happen, but whether it comes from Axl is anyone's guess. I think that Brain's online interview is the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we can expect once the bull is let out of the pen. There will be SOOOO much dirt do dish that we'll most likely be playing "connect the dots" as Jarmo called it for quite some time. I'm actually looking forward more to the all of those stories spilling forth than anything else. That alone will be worth the cost of admission.

On the 'squabble' that happened last night - We've learned something very important. GN'R proper do not actively seed this board with information or 'sway'. Anything that steers conversation in any direction comes from us. Some of us here are no more than breastfeeding babies clinging to Axl's big floppy tit, while others are a step away from grabbing the pitchforks and torches. Either way, it is a mob mentality and everything gets amplified 100%. Stop looking to those on the board for answers. Make peace with that fact that information will drop from the sky like bird shit whenever it wants.

Jarmo made numerous posts last night before the Great Deletion about just being happy. He's has a point, there. This not a band that will let you any closer than arms length. You will, however, get a record that you've been waiting a long time for. Let's give it another month and see where that takes us.

I've seen a lot of things in my 30 years, and the social experiment that is GN'R's public relations initiative just continues to surprise me...

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: