Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565546 times)
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1840 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:09 AM »

I had no luck, that disguise only comes in XS.

That's so page 117.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1841 on: October 21, 2008, 05:13:55 AM »

Best thing Axl can do is say nothing (yet) in my opinion...

Whatever it is he could have said in a press release or statement would be taken under fire by a lot of people,

copied and pasted by many "news" site's and interpreted in such a way that could create negative info and/or comments.

Just let the music and release speak for itself, imagine how hard it is to defend or explain 14 years of work bundled into one 14 track cd.

Nothing he could say would be taken as a valid reason or explenation, not because it isn't so, just because media in general tend to shoot Axl down.

Hell, even some so called fans will turn round and slap Axl in the face with his statement.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1842 on: October 21, 2008, 05:45:08 AM »

I believe that Axl has so much to say, that if he ever decides to talk, a book wouldn't be enough and lots of people wouldn't know where to hide...

So, the press release we were all waiting for, wouldn't fit the info most people are dying to learn.

What I'm trying to say is don't get upset over a press release. It's not THAT important... I would expect to learn more from an interview, or even a biography (if that ever happens).

I'm not saying that a press release is not important, especially one with Axl's thoughts.

It's just that the record is more important than anything else at the moment.

And since we know we're finally getting the record most of us have been waiting for the past 15 years, then nothing else matters...

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1843 on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:04 AM »

A massage.

You're sick.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1844 on: October 21, 2008, 05:56:59 AM »

And since we know we're finally getting the record most of us have been waiting for the past 15 years, then nothing else matters...

As long as we get the record by 23/25 nov-08, I say Axls statement isnt that important. BUT do we know that we get the record??

We havent got a statement from UNI or Axl...

They could just update gnr.com with a release date. Its very simple.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:03:57 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1845 on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:43 AM »

I'm trying to organize a few parties in Greece for the record release (from all the info we have) even though it is a REALLY difficult time for me as I'm starting a new business at another city.

Anyway, I talked to Universal Greece yesterday to make some arrangements, and they told me that they've been told about the album coming (for the first time) but they haven't been given a final release date.

I assume this will happen in the next few days.

Olorin
« Reply #1846 on: October 21, 2008, 06:09:17 AM »

And if not you will be heralded a douche  Wink

P.S - will there be strippers?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1847 on: October 21, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »

I wonder if thats what is holding up any kinda official statement that the official release dates aren't quite set.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1848 on: October 21, 2008, 06:12:59 AM »

Ofcourse...  Grin

I wonder if thats what is holding up any kinda official statement that the official release dates aren't quite set.

The fact that Universal Greece doesn't have a release date, doesn't mean that it hasn't been set by the central US division of Universal...

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1849 on: October 21, 2008, 06:14:29 AM »

That's true maybe waiting until they tell all the divisions of Universal the dates?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1850 on: October 21, 2008, 06:26:23 AM »

That's true maybe waiting until they tell all the divisions of Universal the dates?

Well, it's pretty obvious that we'll get some press release at some point. (Ofcourse, this is GN'R and they've never done things the way most bands do...  Grin)

Universal's division's all around the world will get the email probably at the same time. I don't believe that Universal Australia got some special info first. Why would they?

They probably got the same memo as Universal Greece, and they read what's going on with Best Buy on the net.

Now, it doesn't take that long for someone in that division (who probably got over-excited) to tell that Australian site what's going.

All this is just my guess ofcourse...

Olorin
« Reply #1851 on: October 21, 2008, 06:28:32 AM »

Ofcourse...  Grin

The Greeks sure know how to do things Grin - I was just gonna get a bag of weed and a comfy chair...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1852 on: October 21, 2008, 06:29:50 AM »

What I'm trying to say is don't get upset over a press release. It's not THAT important... I would expect to learn more from an interview, or even a biography (if that ever happens).

I'm not saying that a press release is not important, especially one with Axl's thoughts.

It's just that the record is more important than anything else at the moment.

I don't disagree with you, and understand your point.  That said, as someone who has read and enjoyed this site far longer than I've been actively posting, you have to admit that "When the band says it's true, then it's true" is a recurring theme around here.   It's understandable that people are nervous that so much is apparently coming together without any type of offical statement (at least as of now).

For me, the fact that Best Buy has a tracklist (horrendous spelling aside) and artwork speaks for itself.   Good times are coming.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1853 on: October 21, 2008, 06:47:58 AM »

Wow....10 pages deleted since I last logged in?

Anyways. I'm trying to organize a release party here north of Detroit but thats really hard to do without knowing the exactly release date.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1854 on: October 21, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »

Anyways. I'm trying to organize a release party here north of Detroit but thats really hard to do without knowing the exactly release date.

It actually got up to like 120 so close to 30 or so deleted.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1855 on: October 21, 2008, 07:02:19 AM »

It actually got up to like 120 so close to 30 or so deleted.

Wow! I'm kinda glad what ever drama went on was deleted. I can't imagine how off topic it must've got.

But really though, at this point I just wanna know if I'm planning my party for Sunday or Tuesday. Even Best Buy clearing that up for me would be great.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #1856 on: October 21, 2008, 07:49:24 AM »

Best thing Axl can do is say nothing (yet) in my opinion...

Whatever it is he could have said in a press release or statement would be taken under fire by a lot of people,

copied and pasted by many "news" site's and interpreted in such a way that could create negative info and/or comments.

Just let the music and release speak for itself, imagine how hard it is to defend or explain 14 years of work bundled into one 14 track cd.

Nothing he could say would be taken as a valid reason or explenation, not because it isn't so, just because media in general tend to shoot Axl down.

Hell, even some so called fans will turn round and slap Axl in the face with his statement.

I don't think he even has to give explanations, it's his album and he had the choice to work on it however long he pleased. Main thing is he's finally gonna share it with us  peace

That said, I wouldn't have anything against a statement of some kind  hihi but it doesn't have to be straight from him or long.. Even just the date in big letters would be fine!  yes

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1857 on: October 21, 2008, 08:24:04 AM »

I think people get too caught up with the notions of the band is subject to owing you something. I have been guilty of that from time to time myself... but you grow up (atleast some do).

A press release may or may not be released. Axl doesn't have to. It's be cool IF he did... but if he doesn't it's not going to spoil the release for me.

There's enough press going around... the word of mouth is insane with this record. Axl's press release isn't gonna sell an additional 10 million records.

You can't please everybody... this is the perfect case of wankers using any excuse to bitch and moan about shit out of their control.  crying

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1858 on: October 21, 2008, 08:27:20 AM »

Anything we can do to help?  Maybe put all this excited energy to use in the right direction.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #1859 on: October 21, 2008, 08:42:38 AM »

All is needed is an Official Press Release from the Band/Management which states the following

"Chinese Democracy Release Date 23/11/08"

and maybe the tracklisting.

Then it will be official and that will stop all this what if bullshit. I have to say I dont think the album will be released 23/11/08. I hope I'am wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: