Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 564627 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1820 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:11 AM »

Ok (I know this will probably go unanswered) Since there is no upcoming press release to be expected...

Who said so? What was said was simply that Axl is not currently working on a press release.

And why should we expect one from him specifically? Bands normally have management or PR take care of that kind of stuff. Rarely if ever the lead singer of a band comes out and announces album release dates. He could do it if he wants to of course, but no expectations should be held upon him for that.

I agree that it's silly to wait for Axl, himself, to give the final confirmation or exact release date.  But it would be nice if SOMEONE would do that soon, as we're still getting mixed information about it, and theres just over a month to go.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1821 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:02 AM »

Ok (I know this will probably go unanswered) Since there is no upcoming press release to be expected...What the hell is the official North American release date 11/23 or 11/25??? I ask because It would be a much bigger deal if it were released unconventionally on a Sunday (Plus many fans wont have to wait to get out of work to get it.)  ok

It is 11/23 Didn't the dude from BB say this in the Rolling Stone article? .GNR wants to get a jump on Kanye West.
Shit, I might go back again just to see all the people buying it on Black Friday.Kinda like how Wal-Marts have been turned into Ac/Dc marts with Black Ice.Best Buy will be like GNR land those weeks, well at least I hope. They should have GNR merch for sale too like shirts, hats,etc.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1822 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:48 AM »

Ok (I know this will probably go unanswered) Since there is no upcoming press release to be expected...

Who said so? What was said was simply that Axl is not currently working on a press release.

And why should we expect one from him specifically? Bands normally have management or PR take care of that kind of stuff. Rarely if ever the lead singer of a band comes out and announces album release dates. He could do it if he wants to of course, but no expectations should be held upon him for that.

I agree that it's silly to wait for Axl, himself, to give the final confirmation or exact release date.  But it would be nice if SOMEONE would do that soon, as we're still getting mixed information about it, and theres just over a month to go.

Well, he didn't say no press release, just that Axl wasn't writing one. So we'll see.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1823 on: October 21, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »

who in the hell is fernando ?  and why do we all of a sudden trust him?  

Im so friggin confused!  I could care less of an announcement from Axl as long as i get to hear some new music from this band.  And im not too familiar with how bands promote but don't bands USUALLY put out press releases for new records?  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1824 on: October 21, 2008, 02:16:05 AM »

who in the hell is fernando ?  and why do we all of a sudden trust him? 

He is Beta's son and he works for Axl.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1825 on: October 21, 2008, 02:17:03 AM »

Im so friggin confused!  I could care less of an announcement from Axl as long as i get to hear some new music from this band.  And im not too familiar with how bands promote but don't bands USUALLY put out press releases for new records?   

We heard he is Beta's son.I am waiting til I get confirmation from the GNR camp.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1826 on: October 21, 2008, 02:17:26 AM »

What?! I thought he was Merck in disguise!  hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1827 on: October 21, 2008, 02:19:51 AM »

And im not too familiar with how bands promote but don't bands USUALLY put out press releases for new records?  
Keep in mind this isnt an ordinary band.

We heard he is Beta's son.I am waiting til I get confirmation from the GNR camp.
lol you want the band to confirm Fernando, or "F" as jimbo slice calls him, is Betas son?

How funny would it be if the next update on the site is not about the album but

"Guns Confirm: Fernando is Betas son"

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1828 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:57 AM »

And im not too familiar with how bands promote but don't bands USUALLY put out press releases for new records?   
Keep in mind this isnt an ordinary band.

lol you want the band to confirm Fernando, or "F" as jimbo slice calls him, is Betas son?

Nahh,lol, I know who he is. He  promised me his "spot" for a show next year, see my sig!

tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #1829 on: October 21, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »

Kinda like how Wal-Marts have been turned into Ac/Dc marts with Black Ice.Best Buy will be like GNR land those weeks, well at least I hope. They should have GNR merch for sale too like shirts, hats,etc.

No shit. I went into Wal Mart today to get the new AC/DC cd and damn! AC/DC merch everyfreakinwhere. They even had new Black Ice T shirts for 8 bucks, I couldn't pass that up. My local Best Buy doesn't usually carry shirts and stuff, but it'd be nice if they did have some other GnR merch when the cd hits shelves.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1830 on: October 21, 2008, 02:29:06 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
That would be the funniest update ever!

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1831 on: October 21, 2008, 02:37:56 AM »

Uh...cornfuzed.  confused

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1832 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:53 AM »

You may believe what you want - maybe I was a little harsh on what Mysterion posted and I am sorry, but all of that aside, his last statement is not true. 

No need to apologise  hihi

It's my responsibility to check what I post, and all I can do is apologise myself.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1833 on: October 21, 2008, 02:55:09 AM »

so in the end we're not getting any kind of announcement I guess. At least the album will be out soon. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1834 on: October 21, 2008, 02:56:43 AM »

Well at least not from Axl himself. I would expect something from management or the label. Fernando didn't say there would be NO announcement just that Axl isn't working on it himself.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1835 on: October 21, 2008, 03:04:40 AM »

What?! I thought he was Merck in disguise!  hihi

I had no luck, that disguise only comes in XS.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
gav
« Reply #1836 on: October 21, 2008, 03:07:04 AM »

Ok so no 'press release'...

Wonder if the website will be updated?
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1837 on: October 21, 2008, 03:16:34 AM »

im excited about the album but bummed to hear about the PR thing.
I REALLY love the album cover..
Fernando, do you think you could hook us up with a High Res picture of it?
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #1838 on: October 21, 2008, 03:33:48 AM »

no press release does this mean axl is backing out again or do i see this wrong

not bashin gjust got a litle scared again

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1839 on: October 21, 2008, 04:02:02 AM »

think of it this way,

which would be smarter:

1. Spending ALOT of money to market something in a short amount of time (1 month)
generating a shit load of buzz, and slapping everyone in the face with huge advertising campaigns, everywhere
they look there will be chinese democracy,

2. or spending alot of money to market something for a few months, after which it would be hard
to maintain anticipation and momentum, and people will loose interest/album might loose "a little" hype.

give me option 1 please.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: