Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565575 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »

From what my sister in law heard from those returning from the BB event (she's a front line associate).....

...I'd start looking at TV's if I were you.  Because that's the date that was "unofficially" making the rounds of the event.  Guess we'll have to wait to see if that's the date that's ultimately finalized, but I think it is.

Don't tease us like that, for fuck's sake  Cheesy

Ok, now I'm jumping up and down as I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.  Not yet standing up and jumping up and down...or cartwheels yet.....

Do we have anyone else in the BB org that can snoop?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »

From what my sister in law heard from those returning from the BB event (she's a front line associate).....

...I'd start looking at TV's if I were you.  Because that's the date that was "unofficially" making the rounds of the event.  Guess we'll have to wait to see if that's the date that's ultimately finalized, but I think it is.

Don't tease us like that, for fuck's sake  Cheesy

I'm not teasing you.  I'm just telling you what she said.

The information is 3rd hand, at best.  She's an associate, who talked to someone who was there, and she told me what they said.  They said that the rumor on the floor of the event was that BB was going to get the exclusive release, and that it would be released on November 25th,  That it will feature prominently in their holiday promotion (ie: Black Friday Flyer).  And that was about it.

I'll talk to her more about it tonight, when she comes over for dinner, and to play Rock Band 2 with my wife and I...but I don't think there's a lot more to tell than she's already told me.

Edit:  To be clear, I just think the people actually in a position to KNOW (and not just talk about rumors and what they'd heard) aren't going to directly confirm anything until the Press Release is coming off the actual "presses".  And as we all know, until the press release goes out....heck, until the album is ON THE SHELF, maybe....anything is subject to change.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:05:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2008, 02:23:50 PM »

but that's a good point pilferk. hope someone will record it if anything gnr on the ad. peace

God, I'm not yet waiting. But being thrilled I guess.
I even feel like I am hearing the chinese Gong sounding afar. idea
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »

not listed yet but it is early

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/best-buy-black-friday-ad.html

hers to hoping
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »

not listed yet but it is early

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/best-buy-black-friday-ad.html

hers to hoping

Last year Best Buy was one of a few retailers who threatened to sue sites that put their ad up early.  MOST of the Black Friday sites didn't put it up.  The few that did got cease and desist letters, and it came down quickly.

We might get some inkling of the ad before hand, but we might not.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
suicide
VIP

« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

I hope Axl is aware of everything that's happening right now.

When Doug Goldstein was still GN'R's manager he arranged the 2001 European tour without Axl's permission. Allegedly, Axl wasn't consulted about the whole deal so the tour was called off. The cancellation was later blamed on "Buckethead's illness" but some things didn't add up. Doug was fired and replaced.

Merck Mercuriadis also jumped the gun and announced Chinese Democracy would be released before the end of 2006. Fans were all excited because of this official news (and because Merck was able to arrange the 2006 tour). He seemed to be the right man to do the job. However, Axl and the record company weren't convinced by Merck's plans to release the album without the proper promotion so he aswell was fired and replaced.

Now, two years later, we put our trust in Irving Azoff and his team. We've already heard an album worth of songs. Three new tracks were played to Best Buy employees and Del James confirmed that 'If the world' will be played during the end credits of a movie. So again, everything seems to point into the right direction. But this is Guns N' Roses and everything stands or falls with one man.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »

My 31st Birthday is November 28th and i already requested CD as my Birthday Gift from most of my relatives and friend.  Im defintley gonna need a few copies (cd's can wear out)  plus a couple sealed copies to put away in my collection.

Good Times ahead guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »

My 31st Birthday is November 28th and i already requested CD as my Birthday Gift from most of my relatives and friend.  Im defintley gonna need a few copies (cd's can wear out)  plus a couple sealed copies to put away in my collection.

You're gonna wait THREE DAYS to get it ?!?!?!   Shocked
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »

Just read Best Buy circular for this week...they put it out in Sunday paper (I believe mailed copies arrive Sat)...lists new releases scheduled for this Tuesday - with detailed note stating CD's may not be purchased until Tuesday...nothing advertised beyond this week - I think it is a waste of time to look at their ads, I would expect something as big as CD to be 'news' on their website however.  I certainly hope we would hear something official before Nov. 22/23 'ad' anyway.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »

Added 5 minutes ago

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1595862/20080929/rose_axl.jhtml
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »

All these stories refer to the one rumor of a 'bestbuy convention'...if there were 900 people there, why no first hand accounts?  No cell phone video of Andy Gould?  Rolling Stone, Billboard, and MTV have all run this story, yet there is no hard evidence, and no official confirmation?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »

Well obviously I think the cell phones would not be aloud in a room videoing confidential info.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »

(cd's can wear out) 

No they can't... they can be scratched to the point where they won't play but they can't be worn out like a tape cassette
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

all 900 employees had a restraining order to notl et anyone outside the building know of what happend:P

and if they would leak or put something online.   Axl would hunt them down and Sue their asses off rofl
DemocracyRose
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »

All these stories refer to the one rumor of a 'bestbuy convention'...if there were 900 people there, why no first hand accounts?  No cell phone video of Andy Gould?  Rolling Stone, Billboard, and MTV have all run this story, yet there is no hard evidence, and no official confirmation?

Wasnt Gould talking about Body of Lies and If The World? Which turn out to be true. Its not a hoax and we are only days away from an announcement regarding CD.
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »

The main thing is...

Everyone is picking this up, writing about it etc. etc.

Google search and CD pops up more and more... judged by relevance..

I think that is a good thing AND very good sign!!

There's no word of confirmation, but more importantly i.m.o no word of dismissal either!!
axl32rose
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »

You're gonna wait THREE DAYS to get it ?!?!?!   Shocked

No Way,   ill be getting an early Birthday Gift for sure.     My Birthday is November 25th this year lol peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »

MTV are so stupid

IF The World sounds nothing like Nightrain/Dead Horse............ WTF did they hear?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »

MTV are so stupid

IF The World sounds nothing like Nightrain/Dead Horse............ WTF did they hear?

Yeah it probably couldn't sound any different from Dead horse or Nightrain if they wanted it to. Too bad as those are 2 of my favorite GNR songs, but If The World aint bad either.
axl32rose
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »

(cd's can wear out) 

No they can't... they can be scratched to the point where they won't play but they can't be worn out like a tape cassette

Thats what i meant ok
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: