Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566198 times)
ben9785
« Reply #1620 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:29 PM »

Mysteron's comment implied that if we are going to get a statement, it would be Thursday at the earliest, but most likely at an unspecified time after that.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1621 on: October 15, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

I know Mysteron said most likely tomorrow, but I wonder if Guns will say something today considering the RS article and BB's pre-order.

Where did he say that?

Go back about 4 or 5 pages or so, it's there somewhere.

This is how GNR fans are always so pissed off and annoyed.

Mysteron DIDN'T say that there was most likely going to be an announcement on Thursday.

He said:
"As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can."

But GNR fans LOVE to go putting words into people's mouths and seeing signs that aren't there and then over exciting themselves before finally be disappointed and blaming the band when some obscure event that the fans came up with doesn't happen.

That's a bit of an over-reaction.  There is a sign there... the sign being that we can expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday... there absolutely will be announcement and it's likely to be sooner rather than later considering all the media coverage and comments from Best Buy executives

What sign?  We should expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday because ben857 said so?   Or because GunnerOne 84 said so?  Or it is that GunnerOne 84 said that Mysteron said so, which we know is not true, but we'll take it as a sign anyway?

It would be an over-reaction if it was the first time.   But how many times do we go down this path where this happens?   It's like the March 6th "tentative" thing all over again.  OMG!!one!!1 Axl is releasing Chi Dem on March 6th!   Wait! He lied to us!  The bastard!!

There has been no sign that there is an announcement tomorrow.  Just like there was no sign that there was going to be announcement last Monday, apart from a bunch of fans making assumptions and jumping to conclusions (It MUST be Monday, it's going to happen).   

Don't get me wrong, I hope there is an announcement tomorrow too.  But GNR history of chock full of fans making shit up, reading too much into things, and feeding off each their own produced rumours and hints and then getting pissed off when these don't come true.   

It wasn't my intention to put word's in anyone's mouth. I have no info, nor have I ever pretended to. I was merely making an assumption, and it is quite possibly the wrong one, that Mysteron specifically mentioned a day for a reason. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the first, nor the last, time that ever happens.

Sorry for any confusion, and Mysteron, sorry if i read a little too much into things.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1622 on: October 15, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »

I know Mysteron said most likely tomorrow, but I wonder if Guns will say something today considering the RS article and BB's pre-order.

Where did he say that?

Go back about 4 or 5 pages or so, it's there somewhere.

This is how GNR fans are always so pissed off and annoyed.

Mysteron DIDN'T say that there was most likely going to be an announcement on Thursday.

He said:
"As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can."

But GNR fans LOVE to go putting words into people's mouths and seeing signs that aren't there and then over exciting themselves before finally be disappointed and blaming the band when some obscure event that the fans came up with doesn't happen.

That's a bit of an over-reaction.  There is a sign there... the sign being that we can expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday... there absolutely will be announcement and it's likely to be sooner rather than later considering all the media coverage and comments from Best Buy executives

What sign?  We should expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday because ben857 said so?   Or because GunnerOne 84 said so?  Or it is that GunnerOne 84 said that Mysteron said so, which we know is not true, but we'll take it as a sign anyway?

It would be an over-reaction if it was the first time.   But how many times do we go down this path where this happens?   It's like the March 6th "tentative" thing all over again.  OMG!!one!!1 Axl is releasing Chi Dem on March 6th!   Wait! He lied to us!  The bastard!!

There has been no sign that there is an announcement tomorrow.  Just like there was no sign that there was going to be announcement last Monday, apart from a bunch of fans making assumptions and jumping to conclusions (It MUST be Monday, it's going to happen).   

Don't get me wrong, I hope there is an announcement tomorrow too.  But GNR history of chock full of fans making shit up, reading too much into things, and feeding off each their own produced rumours and hints and then getting pissed off when these don't come true.   

It wasn't my intention to put word's in anyone's mouth. I have no info, nor have I ever pretended to. I was merely making an assumption, and it is quite possibly the wrong one, that Mysteron specifically mentioned a day for a reason. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the first, nor the last, time that ever happens.

Sorry for any confusion, and Mysteron, sorry if i read a little too much into things.

Everyone does it.  I just hate seeing every get so worked up over a misinterpretation of some little details somewhere..., especially when it can be so easily verified (such as going back to see what Mysteron actually wrote).    Or maybe Mysteron DID mean that we'd get it tomorrow and I misinterpreted it.   But if that's the case I'm blaming Mysteron's poor expression.  Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1623 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »

Everyone does it.  I just hate seeing every get so worked up over a misinterpretation of some little details somewhere..., especially when it can be so easily verified (such as going back to see what Mysteron actually wrote).    Or maybe Mysteron DID mean that we'd get it tomorrow and I misinterpreted it.   But if that's the case I'm blaming Mysteron's poor expressionSmiley

Good call man  hihi

Lets just hope he said Thursday for a reason  ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1624 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »

I just spoke to one of Diana Ross' (an inductry insider) psychic friends, and she confirmed there will be a Thurs AM 'drive time' announcement...I asked her which coast for drive time, but my free minute was up... rofl (just having fun)

Seriously though, we are all behaving like starving tigers who were just thrown a bone...you have to expect 4 yr old/Santa Clause/Christmas like speculation.  I am secure in the knowledge that we WILL have CD in less than 40 days.  That doesn't mean I won't have heart palpitations every time BB changes their website, or Mysteron makes a comment that could be mistaken for the 'insider shuffle'...just a bunch of kids with our imaginations running wild. ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1625 on: October 15, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »

Im really excited just to hear what the first single will be !! I can't wait for announcement !!! plus a music video !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
aliveonI65
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1626 on: October 15, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »

Jarmo,

I was just on the BB site and under one of the CD release dates had 3 reviews on it. I wanted to let you know because someone is using your name spelled exactly the same way and stated that they thought the CD sucked and it was Axl's solo album. Just an FYI. Sorry if this was posted earlier....
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #1627 on: October 15, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »

Jarmo,

I was just on the BB site and under one of the CD release dates had 3 reviews on it. I wanted to let you know because someone is using your name spelled exactly the same way and stated that they thought the CD sucked and it was Axl's solo album. Just an FYI. Sorry if this was posted earlier....

oh my god, what if there are two jarmo's out there? holy shit, what if there are several? and if they didnt like guns? they could be the anti jarmo.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #1628 on: October 15, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »

It's someone off another forum trying to make fun of him... durr
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1629 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:49 PM »

Hey guys

I just thought I would post what I was told and saw...

today, I went to the Best Buy in Madison, TN

I asked her about CD, and she looked it up for me, she said yes, it will be there 11/23/08 as we have all been hoping to believe.

I didn't believe it, and asked her to see the screen, she showed me. No album art was on the order site she was on or whatever she was on.

Also there was 5 different versions in total that I looked at, 3 of them are album covers, there was a album a, b, c

So I think CD will have 3 different album covers.

11/23 is official to me. BEst Buy is real, billboard reported it

gn'r hasn't confirmed it I know, but when do they confirm anything? 2 times a year?

Chinese Demoracy starts 11/23

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #1630 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

Hey guys

I just thought I would post what I was told and saw...

today, I went to the Best Buy in Madison, TN

I asked her about CD, and she looked it up for me, she said yes, it will be there 11/23/08 as we have all been hoping to believe.

I didn't believe it, and asked her to see the screen, she showed me. No album art was on the order site she was on or whatever she was on.

Also there was 5 different versions in total that I looked at, 3 of them are album covers, there was a album a, b, c

So I think CD will have 3 different album covers.

11/23 is official to me. BEst Buy is real, billboard reported it

gn'r hasn't confirmed it I know, but when do they confirm anything? 2 times a year?

Chinese Demoracy starts 11/23

Welcome to the party!

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1631 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

yeah i'm in the party...

and i posted that because so many people are skeptical, and how can you be with all the letdown, but it's coming. i'm so happy!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1632 on: October 15, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »

November 23rd has the chance to be an epic day. Chinese Democracy released and the return of my favorite TV show 24!  beer

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #1633 on: October 15, 2008, 11:11:31 PM »

This is all fine and dandy, but no one has asked the real question yet.   "WHEN DO THE STREET TEAMS START?"   rofl

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1634 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »

Interesting that Rolling stone deleted their article from earlier today...

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: October 16, 2008, 12:11:28 AM »

Guns `n Roses Chinese Democracy Hits The Release Schedule

by Paul Cashmere - October 16 2008

Universal Australia has included Guns `n Roses `Chinese Democracy` on its upcoming release schedule.

The album is listed for both physical and digital release in Australia on November 22.

`Chinese Democracy` is the sixth studio album from the Gunners and the first studio album since the covers release `The Spaghetti Incident` of 1993.

The last studio album from Guns ?n Roses was ?Use Your Illusion 1 and II? in 1991.

Songs we know will be included on the album are ?Better?, ?Chinese Democracy?, ?IRS?, ?Madagascar?, ?Shackler?s Revenge?. ?Sorry?, ?The Blues? and ?There Was A Time?.

The official tracklisting has yet-to-be announced.

?Chinese Democracy? first hit the Universal release schedule in 1999 when it was listed as ?coming soon?. From that period, only the song ?Oh My God? surfaced when it was used in the movie ?End of Days?. ?Oh My God? is no longer listed as a song for the album.

?Shackler?s Revenge? was released recently in the game Rock Band 2. Another song from the album titled ?If The World? can be heard in the closing credits for the new Russell Crowe movie ?Body Of Lies?.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6577

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1636 on: October 16, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »

Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very  exciting times. my friends  peace
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1637 on: October 16, 2008, 01:51:25 AM »

Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very  exciting times. my friends  peace

My Friends..... hihi

Yes, seems like we are here!  Goodness, I guess anything can happen in a month, but seems like we are so close!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1638 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:34 AM »

So is "Sorry' on there or was the dude just naming titles he has heard rumored?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1639 on: October 16, 2008, 02:13:55 AM »

So is "Sorry' on there or was the dude just naming titles he has heard rumored?

I think Baz mentioned it a while ago...

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD