Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:51:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566187 times)
overmatik
« Reply #1600 on: October 15, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »

Best Buy didn't see that GNR fans would be going through their site looking for any news, that's why they put the information. When they saw the comotion it was causing they took off, don't worry guys, CD is here, "I had a dream"...
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #1601 on: October 15, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

When I was on bestbuy.com I clicked on "write a review" and it entered me in as "Stephen" w/ the email of iamwaxlrose@aol.com.    Must be a bug in their software....  Roll Eyes

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #1602 on: October 15, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »

Now if you look on Bestbuy.com they only have one listing for Chinese Democracy...hmm interesting.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1603 on: October 15, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »

I would expect a completely reworked (gunsnroses.com) website, with announcement, Thur/Fri. yes (Just a prediction)
Then Best Buy will be able to go nuts (along with all of us)...someone obviously had to reel them in today.  This thing has gone too far to hold it back now...its going to bust wide open!  I hope we hear it from Axl himself (YouTube video on both official sites?)...

Exciting times...I don't want to leave for work - afraid I might miss something!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1604 on: October 15, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »

I know Mysteron said most likely tomorrow, but I wonder if Guns will say something today considering the RS article and BB's pre-order.

Where did he say that?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ben9785
« Reply #1605 on: October 15, 2008, 06:29:23 PM »

I know Mysteron said most likely tomorrow, but I wonder if Guns will say something today considering the RS article and BB's pre-order.

Where did he say that?

Go back about 4 or 5 pages or so, it's there somewhere.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1606 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »

Where did he say that?

As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1607 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »

Where did he say that?

This is how GNR fans are always so pissed off and annoyed.

Mysteron DIDN'T say that there was most likely going to be an announcement on Thursday.

He said:
"As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can."

But GNR fans LOVE to go putting words into people's mouths and seeing signs that aren't there and then over exciting themselves before finally be disappointed and blaming the band when some obscure event that the fans came up with doesn't happen.

What leaks??
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1608 on: October 15, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »

I know this means absolutely nothing, but still....

While listening to XM tonight (borrowed my dad's truck), after GNR Out to Get Me, the DJ mentioned the upcoming release.  After 13 years of waiting (I screamed 15!!) CD will be release exclusively through Best Buy on Sunday the 23rd.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1609 on: October 15, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »

It's a little unnerving to see that Best Buy pulled two of the three CD listings and all of the vinyl listings. Wonder what the reasoning was.....

Still, today is a triumph for GN'R fans.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1610 on: October 15, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »

What do you think the Album will start and end with? I recon the opening track will be Chinese Democracy and the Last will be There Was A Time.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #1611 on: October 15, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »

We, Guns' fans, are without a doubt the most insane fans in the world. I bet that BB never expected the amount of pre-orders they had within the few hours the pre-order were available on their site.

I think that if mankind wanted a faster way to go to Mars or to explore the bottom of the oceans all they would have to do would be  to "leak" an information (because it couldn't be an official info) saying that a copy of Chinese Democracy is there.  Grin

Man, the rockets ans submarines we wouldn't built to get it....

: : vicente : :

"all that anger, all that anger"
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1612 on: October 15, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

No No 20 bucks for a Vinyl album is fine, I was talking about the record players. damn near 300 bucks!

There have to be cheaper ones.

I think what's cool about this announcement also, is the fact that we should have brand New GNR albums every couple of years now!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7367324&type=product&id=1122653506956

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1613 on: October 15, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »

Can't worry about their only being 1 CD now on Best Buy as pointed out earlier, it lists all CD's on the discography

burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1614 on: October 15, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Where did he say that?

Mysteron DIDN'T say that there was most likely going to be an announcement on Thursday.

He said:
"As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can."

But GNR fans LOVE to go putting words into people's mouths and seeing signs that aren't there and then over exciting themselves before finally be disappointed and blaming the band when some obscure event that the fans came up with doesn't happen.

That's a bit of an over-reaction.  There is a sign there... the sign being that we can expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday... there absolutely will be announcement and it's likely to be sooner rather than later considering all the media coverage and comments from Best Buy executives
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1615 on: October 15, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »

Where did he say that?

He said:

That's a bit of an over-reaction.  There is a sign there... the sign being that we can expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday... there absolutely will be announcement and it's likely to be sooner rather than later considering all the media coverage and comments from Best Buy executives

What sign?  We should expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday because ben857 said so?   Or because GunnerOne 84 said so?  Or it is that GunnerOne 84 said that Mysteron said so, which we know is not true, but we'll take it as a sign anyway?

It would be an over-reaction if it was the first time.   But how many times do we go down this path where this happens?   It's like the March 6th "tentative" thing all over again.  OMG!!one!!1 Axl is releasing Chi Dem on March 6th!   Wait! He lied to us!  The bastard!!

There has been no sign that there is an announcement tomorrow.  Just like there was no sign that there was going to be announcement last Monday, apart from a bunch of fans making assumptions and jumping to conclusions (It MUST be Monday, it's going to happen).   

Don't get me wrong, I hope there is an announcement tomorrow too.  But GNR history of chock full of fans making shit up, reading too much into things, and feeding off each their own produced rumours and hints and then getting pissed off when these don't come true.   

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1616 on: October 15, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »

Just the four versions up now, A CD (with cover art), A Vinyl, B CD and B Vinyl. 

What leaks??
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1617 on: October 15, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »

Yea not a big deal.  Chinese Democracy is coming  peace

burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1618 on: October 15, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

Where did he say that?

He said:

What sign?  We should expect an announcement on or shortly after Thursday because ben857 said so?   Or because GunnerOne 84 said so?  Or it is that GunnerOne 84 said that Mysteron said so, which we know is not true, but we'll take it as a sign anyway?

It would be an over-reaction if it was the first time.   But how many times do we go down this path where this happens?   It's like the March 6th "tentative" thing all over again.  OMG!!one!!1 Axl is releasing Chi Dem on March 6th!   Wait! He lied to us!  The bastard!!

There has been no sign that there is an announcement tomorrow.  Just like there was no sign that there was going to be announcement last Monday, apart from a bunch of fans making assumptions and jumping to conclusions (It MUST be Monday, it's going to happen).   

Don't get me wrong, I hope there is an announcement tomorrow too.  But GNR history of chock full of fans making shit up, reading too much into things, and feeding off each their own produced rumours and hints and then getting pissed off when these don't come true.   

What I'm saying is that we can indeed expect an official announcement, as they've done for the Dr. Pepper news, the leaking blogger being arrested, false rumors of reality tv show, etc... & now all the news about a Nov. 23th release date... and considering what Mysteron said, we won't see one before Thursday, thus we can expect to see one on or after Thursday.  Not recognizing that, IMO, is overly pessimistic
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1619 on: October 15, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »

Where did he say that?

He said:

What I'm saying is that we can indeed expect an official announcement, as they've done for the Dr. Pepper news, the leaking blogger being arrested, false rumors of reality tv show, etc... & now all the news about a Nov. 23th release date... and considering what Mysteron said, we won't see one before Thursday, thus we can expect to see one on or after Thursday.  Not recognizing that, IMO, is overly pessimistic

I don't know what to tell you. 

"not expecting an announcement before Thursday" and "You can expect an official announcement on Thursday or shortly after" are not the same.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:17:40 PM by Howard2k » Logged

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: