Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 565565 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2008, 10:06:30 AM »

If the details aren't finalized, I would not be expecting an announcement just yet.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

If you did read them you should have known no1 said having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

the point  is that outside the us not everyone one has a best buy nearby or shops online.

Outside the US, the album will be distributed through traditional retailers.  The Best Buy exclusive is US only, despite what that UK article says.

Ali

Sorry if I confused anyone with my sarky comment about Slough and apologies to anyone who lives there and actually likes the place!  I do realise that the Best Buy exclusive wouldn't apply outside the US and would only buy from them if there was an additional CD or DVD exclusive only to their chain.  My reply was really just an excuse to have a gentle dig at one of my not-so-favourite towns.   Grin
Slough sucks  hihi

woke up there somehow after the Docklands GNR show in 2002 with a major hangover

i wish my computer could talk. i could get on with my life then instead of sittin here stairing at the screen waiting for a thread to pop up that says "ITS FUCKIN OFFICIAL, NOVEMBER 25TH IS THE CHOSEN ONE"  hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

If you did read them you should have known no1 said having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

the point  is that outside the us not everyone one has a best buy nearby or shops online.

Outside the US, the album will be distributed through traditional retailers.  The Best Buy exclusive is US only, despite what that UK article says.

Ali

Sorry if I confused anyone with my sarky comment about Slough and apologies to anyone who lives there and actually likes the place!  I do realise that the Best Buy exclusive wouldn't apply outside the US and would only buy from them if there was an additional CD or DVD exclusive only to their chain.  My reply was really just an excuse to have a gentle dig at one of my not-so-favourite towns.   Grin
Slough sucks  hihi

woke up there somehow after the Docklands GNR show in 2002 with a major hangover

Haha you have my sympathies.   Grin

i wish my computer could talk. i could get on with my life then instead of sittin here stairing at the screen waiting for a thread to pop up that says "ITS FUCKIN OFFICIAL, NOVEMBER 25TH IS THE CHOSEN ONE"  hihi

You and me both, except I'm at work and have to move away from the screen occasionally and shuffle a few papers around my desk to make it look like I'm doing some work.   hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »

It's end of quarter, my workplace is insanity.....and here I sit staring at HTGTH waiting for the announcement.  I had to minimize this window 3 times to hide the fact I'm replying on a forum instead of getting orders booked hihi

What a way to ease back into the GNR world Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2008, 11:21:02 AM »

Ali

Slough sucks  hihi

Haha you have my sympathies.   Grin

You and me both, except I'm at work and have to move away from the screen occasionally and shuffle a few papers around my desk to make it look like I'm doing some work.   hihi

Ah so this is a common thing then trying to look busy while staring at a sceen waiting for THAT news

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

Ah so this is a common thing then trying to look busy while staring at a sceen waiting for THAT news

Been doing it for 5 or 6 years now...on and off again  rofl

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »

Everyone really should know better than to get excited by now. How many times have we been given a "release" date? So many times it isnt worth thinking about
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »

every party has a pooper that's why we invited you ... party pooper!!!

Everyone really should know better than to get excited by now. How many times have we been given a "release" date? So many times it isnt worth thinking about
Or ... we could all get really really excited and enjoy everything that IS happening and hope for the best. headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »

Is it November 25th yet?   nervous
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »

This is all very exciting stuff. 2 new songs released in  the span of a month.  drool

As well as many credible rumors and that the negotiations are moving along well with Best Buy.

It looks as if Azoff, Gould, and the band have put releasing music to the forefront. But i do hope they schedule a tour that passes through the New York area sometime soon after the album release. smoking

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »

Hey, now, I'm not jumping up and down yet....just sitting on the edge of my seat Grin  I've done the same thing the other times.  Excitement is a wonderful thing.  Everytime in the past, it wasn't a huge letdown when the release fell through, cuz that just means I'll have a reason to get excited a little way on down the road.  

It's a rollercoaster, man, enjoy the ride!   beer

However, if it does come to pass that the thing is finally released, oh BOY will I be happy Grin Grin

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

But i do hope they schedule a tour that passes through the New York area sometime soon after the album release. smoking

No kidding! A couple of warm up shows would be killer! Im freakin there!!!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

First off, we've never been given an official release date.  Second, we haven't even been given one here.  We just know it's going to come out in the US through Best Buy only and that one of the finished tracks will be played during the end credits of a new movie.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »

Im not officially out of my mind excited yet.

Shit can go wrong at the 11th hour and fuck the entire thing up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »

How many times have we been given a "release" date? So many times it isnt worth thinking about

actually no, not a single time
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »

correct cheapJon. ok

Na you didn't. seemingly my post confused a bb extremest. Tongue

But you did say a permanent exclusive would cause riots. And I can't see how that is true.

Yeah if cd was to be forever exclusive to one us local retailer, which, as I said in the same post, I didn't see to be true.

For gods sake I was referring to the exclusiveness the 'unconfirmed news' suggested. Mind you I think it in a sense can be true if they mean the first few days of the release with best buy preceding any other store in the world.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »

If this thing comes out November 25th... all I can say is "Happy 30th birthday ME"!

Talk about loss leader... I might by myself a new TV for the bar I finished in my basement just to celebrate CD... which I will be buying to celebrate my birthday. Frankly that Best Buy exlusive is going to be a win-win.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »

If this thing comes out November 25th... all I can say is "Happy 30th birthday ME"!

Talk about loss leader... I might by myself a new TV for the bar I finished in my basement just to celebrate CD... which I will be buying to celebrate my birthday. Frankly that Best Buy exlusive is going to be a win-win.

From what my sister in law heard from those returning from the BB event (she's a front line associate).....

...I'd start looking at TV's if I were you.  Because that's the date that was "unofficially" making the rounds of the event.  Guess we'll have to wait to see if that's the date that's ultimately finalized, but I think it is.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »

From what my sister in law heard from those returning from the BB event (she's a front line associate).....

...I'd start looking at TV's if I were you.  Because that's the date that was "unofficially" making the rounds of the event.  Guess we'll have to wait to see if that's the date that's ultimately finalized, but I think it is.

Don't tease us like that, for fuck's sake  Cheesy
Jada
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »

Don't tease us like that, for fuck's sake  Cheesy

I think I'm gonna have to buy myself some waterproof mascara.   Wink
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: