Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 563939 times)
junglegunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1480 on: October 15, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »

and another new song title !!!!

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&page=1&fromrow=1&torow=25&querytype=WriterID&keyid=1178382&keyname=ROSE%20W%20AXL&CAE=216357969&Affiliation=ASCAP

drool drool
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1481 on: October 15, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »

Guns N? Roses Album Finally Arrives, Set For November 23rd

It?s a day many Guns N? Roses fans thought would never come: Chinese Democracy, the album Axl Rose has labored over for more than a decade, will finally hit stores on Sunday, November 23rd (a departure from the normal Tuesday record release day). The album will be sold exclusively in Best Buy stores and online at Bestbuy.com and iTunes. A music video is in the works, and the band ? in which Rose is the only remaining original member ? is expected to tour in 2009, according to a source close to G N? R. ?The music is well worth waiting for,? says Gary Arnold, senior entertainment officer for Best Buy, which began negotiating the deal in 2007. ?We?ve all heard the stories about this album, and now everybody gets to hear that it?s real.? The album?s 14 songs include the poppy ?Better,? the industrial rocker ?Shackler?s Revenge? (featured in the new Rock Band 2), the power ballad ?If the World? (which plays in the new film Body of Lies), the anthemic title track and a song called ?Scraped? that was previously unknown to fans. ?It?s going to be a great rock Christmas,? Arnold says. ?I just hope it doesn?t take 14 years for the next one.? Bestbuy.com has a listings page up that isn?t taking pre-orders yet but does suggest that there will be several different versions of the album available (or at least a few different covers).

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/15/guns-n-roses-album-finally-arrives-set-for-november-23rd/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:05:47 PM by axl2 » Logged

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1482 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »

It?s a day many Guns N? Roses fans thought would never come: Chinese Democracy, the album Axl Rose has labored over for more than a decade, will finally hit stores on Sunday, November 23rd (a departure from the normal Tuesday record release day). The album will be sold exclusively in Best Buy stores and online at Bestbuy.com and iTunes. A music video is in the works, and the band ? in which Rose is the only remaining original member ? is expected to tour in 2009, according to a source close to G N? R. ?The music is well worth waiting for,? says Gary Arnold, senior entertainment officer for Best Buy, which began negotiating the deal in 2007. ?We?ve all heard the stories about this album, and now everybody gets to hear that it?s real.? The album?s 14 songs include the poppy ?Better,? the industrial rocker ?Shackler?s Revenge? (featured in the new Rock Band 2), the power ballad ?If the World? (which plays in the new film Body of Lies), the anthemic title track and a song called ?Scraped? that was previously unknown to fans. ?It?s going to be a great rock Christmas,? Arnold says. ?I just hope it doesn?t take 14 years for the next one.? Bestbuy.com has a listings page up that isn?t taking pre-orders yet but does suggest that there will be several different versions of the album available (or at least a few different covers).

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-november-23rd/

Just awesome.  Grin
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1483 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »

I think by the end of this week, EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED.

Just look at what we've dug up today so far:

1) Listings at Best Buy website

2) cover art for one of the discs

3) new song title uncovered

and it's only 1PM here where I am

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1484 on: October 15, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »

I think by the end of this week, EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED.

Just look at what we've dug up today so far:

1) Listings at Best Buy website

2) cover art for one of the discs

3) new song title uncovered

and it's only 1PM here where I am

I'm not getting any work done, and I think it's gonna be like this for a few days.  Just like the last tour when we were getting updates from peeps at the shows.  My mind is on GNR, not the orders I'm processing lol.  Eventually, someone is gonna get a certificate entitled "Chinese Democracy" or something crazy like that, I'm tellin ya....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GeraldFord
« Reply #1485 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »

That link doesn't work and there is no mention of it one RS.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1486 on: October 15, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »

maybe they pulled it because GNR will make the announcements?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:17:37 PM by CheapJon » Logged
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1487 on: October 15, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »

Try now... Or

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/15/guns-n-roses-album-finally-arrives-set-for-november-23rd/

Don't worry I wouldn't BS ya lol

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1488 on: October 15, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »

From the above link:

The album will be sold exclusively in Best Buy stores and online at Bestbuy.com and iTunes.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1489 on: October 15, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

This is all AWESOME news.  I'm beyond excited right now.

But...Why in the world is literally everyone BUT Guns N' Roses breaking this news?
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #1490 on: October 15, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »

Create some hype?
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1491 on: October 15, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »

But...Why in the world is literally everyone BUT Guns N' Roses breaking this news?

Because they are... Guns N' Roses.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1492 on: October 15, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »

Create some hype?

I'm also wondering if Axl's been prepping his own personal press release to the fans announcing it.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1493 on: October 15, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »

do i smell iTunes exclusive???

quite possibly. i gues that's one more version to buy... lol.  hihi

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #1494 on: October 15, 2008, 01:14:49 PM »

If best buy isn't open at 12 am, then it will be on Itunes at 12am... so...
Olorin
« Reply #1495 on: October 15, 2008, 01:14:58 PM »

Can't believe it, this is the real deal!

I can understand that GN'R are being cautious, what with previous disapointments, but now the cat is well and truly out of the bag!

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!!! beer
GeraldFord
« Reply #1496 on: October 15, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »

One would think they will say something soon. Also, RS says they will tour in 2009...so I hope Robin returns to the fold!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1497 on: October 15, 2008, 01:20:57 PM »

I hope not.

I'm old-school, don't have MP3, Ipod, any of that. I don't rip music from a file sharing site onto CD, either.

I have always supported the artist by buying the CD.

Offering exclusive material on Itunes is not the best idea. It would make someone like myself feel slightly betrayed.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1498 on: October 15, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

I hope not.

I'm old-school, don't have MP3, Ipod, any of that. I don't rip music from a file sharing site onto CD, either.

I have always supported the artist by buying the CD.

Offering exclusive material on Itunes is not the best idea. It would make someone like myself feel slightly betrayed.

Well, it's already happened many times over.  It's fairly common for iTunes releases to get bonus tracks.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1499 on: October 15, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »

If best buy isn't open at 12 am, then it will be on Itunes at 12am... so...

Yeah, I'm one of those ole fogey's who wants physical media in my hands.  I'm just not a child of the "100% digital music" age, I guess.

Which isn't to say I won't buy it off itunes TOO, if it's got bonus material. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: