Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 564599 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »

If you did read them you should have known no1 said having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

the point  is that outside the us not everyone one has a best buy nearby or shops online.

Outside the US, the album will be distributed through traditional retailers.  The Best Buy exclusive is US only, despite what that UK article says.

Ali
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

If you did read them you should have known no1 said having Best Buy help you promote this album is a bad thing.

the point  is that outside the us not everyone one has a best buy nearby or shops online.

Again, in countries where Best Buy has no presence, they aren't going to have an exclusive agreement to sell this album.

The agreement is almost certainly going to be US, and possibly Canada, though I doubt Canada, only.

And I have seen numerous posts around where some people aren't happy about the arrangement, saying things such as, "I don't live close to a Best Buy." or, "I don't like Best Buy."

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

Now I know actuallly you 2 didnt read the posts I was refereeing to.   

The unconfirmed news is that the album will only be available to buy from 'Best Buy', a American based electronics retailer who have over a thousand stores primarily in the United States and Mexico. British fans need not fear as Best Buy has just opened four stored in Slough, Staines, Enfield and Thurrock and it also has 50% stake in the Carphone Warehouse.

Wow, if that's right then it could be the first time (and very likely the last too) that I'll ever consider myself fortunate to be within a short drive of Slough!   Wink   hihi
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »

I really wish people would quit whining about this. The nearest Best Buy to me is about 40 miles away, but trust me, it'll be worth the $20 in gas to go buy the album. Worst case scenario, order it online. And if you have a problem with Best Buy, I doubt they will, but they might even do like AC/DC and sell the album directly through them on their site...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Anyone who thinks that this Bet Buy deal is going to prevent people from outside of the US getting hold of Chi Dem needs to go and burn all their GNR memorabilia, CDs and other merch, delete the link to HTGTH from their bookmarks, and accept that fact that they really and truly are too stupid to be a GNR fan.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »

The unconfirmed news is that the album will only be available to buy from 'Best Buy', a American based electronics retailer who have over a thousand stores primarily in the United States and Mexico. British fans need not fear as Best Buy has just opened four stored in Slough, Staines, Enfield and Thurrock and it also has 50% stake in the Carphone Warehouse.

Wow, if that's right then it could be the first time (and very likely the last too) that I'll ever consider myself fortunate to be within a short drive of Slough!   Wink   hihi

Again, this album is going to be availible elsewhere in countries where Best Buy has no stores. An agreement governing worldwide sales with a company without a worldwide presence is not going to happen.

The agreement is NOT going to restrict sales outside of the US, with the possible exception of Canada, and I don't care what unconfirmed rumors say.

It would be a TERRIBLE business move to do anything else.

Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »

Wow, just got back from spending the weekend away from the computer.  I haven't posted on here in a loooong time, but this seems like it could be the real thing, so I just wanted to take a minute to say to all of the faithful:

If this is in fact the real thing, congratulations on the long wait and the impending release.  There are no fans like GN'R fans.   beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »

Who gives a fuck about Best Buy, Chinese Democracy is gonna be released soon and everyone on this forum is gonna buy it one way or another!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

Again, this album is going to be availible elsewhere in countries where Best Buy has no stores. An agreement governing worldwide sales with a company without a worldwide presence is not going to happen.

The agreement is NOT going to restrict sales outside of the US, with the possible exception of Canada, and I don't care what unconfirmed rumors say.

It would be a TERRIBLE business move to do anything else.

yeah,as if I'd ever said otherwise

ahem, mayhem unconfirmed

I  dont beli3ve the elusive
can be permanent. OOOOOOOOOOOr it gonna cause riots.

BB may well be tthe lone outlet in the world at first but  worldwide general sales will follow shorty after, I bet.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »

But you did say a permanent exclusive would cause riots. And I can't see how that is true.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »

its weird cause looking at all teh news thats been happening this year i think wow this might be the year but then i think well thats what i thought last year and the year befor and the year before that Undecided.........

BUT this year really seems like it though Tongue

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2008, 10:34:25 PM »

Outside the US, the album will be distributed through traditional retailers.  The Best Buy exclusive is US only, despite what that UK article says.

I would have to agree that this is the way the album will probably be distributed.  I guess you could still go to Best Buy in the UK to get it. Wink

This will be too late... yes

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/05/09/deal_lets_best_buy_enter_europe/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2008, 11:12:57 PM »

Who gives a fuck about Best Buy, Chinese Democracy is gonna be released soon and everyone on this forum is gonna buy it one way or another!!

Exactly.. geezus
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »

I want the album! Need an update from the official webpage or from Gn'R camp soon...
Chinese Democracy starts soon...  Wink
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:34 AM »

Ali

Sorry if I confused anyone with my sarky comment about Slough and apologies to anyone who lives there and actually likes the place!  I do realise that the Best Buy exclusive wouldn't apply outside the US and would only buy from them if there was an additional CD or DVD exclusive only to their chain.  My reply was really just an excuse to have a gentle dig at one of my not-so-favourite towns.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2008, 03:50:34 AM »

Here's to a Happy Xmas! beer

Fuck 'Em All.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2008, 04:14:35 AM »

eeeeyeahhh! this news is making me feel very reckless! we are in gear and close to full speed ahead! 
 beer
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2008, 06:18:02 AM »

i just cant get excited 'cause theres no fuckin' release date yet!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:01 AM »

my eyes are fixated on gunsnroses.com

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2008, 06:43:33 AM »

my eyes are fixated on gunsnroses.com

same here... i got my fingers crossed for an announcement today or soon.... peace
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: