Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:43:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 566001 times)
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #1260 on: October 13, 2008, 11:47:19 PM »

I think the last thing they think of is updating their site lol
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1261 on: October 14, 2008, 12:01:33 AM »

I do agree with the part of it being a little sad to see it actually released just cause of the wait and friendships everyone has built in that process.

Kind of interesting to see what will happen once this comes out. I'm sure things will be hopping for 6 months or so, but the mystique and intrigue of all this I'm sure has kept so many religiously on here posting etc.

once this album is released, that kind of goes away and I've been on a lot of band forums, and GNR forums are the only ones like this. Most forums are ghost towns and just not a lot goes on.

so I will miss that part of just waiting and the anticipation.

Its kind of like graduating high school and that day is coming Nov 23rd.  U just wonder what you are going to do and look forward to afterwards.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ben9785
« Reply #1262 on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:38 AM »

Like D said, I think about all the times I came to this forum waiting for news, and everything thats happened over all the years; "Oh My God", 01/01/01, the VMAs, the very first poor quality "I.R.S" clip that was leaked, the silent years, Hammerstein, Australian tour etc etc. Scary thinking that I've been visiting this website since I first started junior high school (1997) on and off all the way through until now.

Look how far we've come, and how close it is now.

It's going to be a very surreal experience when this album hits the shelves.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1263 on: October 14, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »

I do agree with the part of it being a little sad to see it actually released just cause of the wait and friendships everyone has built in that process.

Fuck "friendships!"  hihi
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1264 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:38 AM »

i can't wait for the official announcement. i've envisioned seeing it in the headlines of this site hundreds of times.

i'm also looking forward to seeing the track listing. i wonder when that will be released. I can't wait to find out how many songs, which songs, how many songs i have never heard before, etc.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1265 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:11 AM »

Uuughhh!!!  I was hoping maybe Axl was playing a little joke or something with the no announcement till at least Thursday thing!  It's weird how hard it is to wait a few days for an announcement that we've waited so many years for.  While it'll be worth the wait in the end, it's really odd that it's taken it all year to work out agreements and details for the release of this album.  Multi-billion dollar corporate acquisitions occur all the time without it taking this long to hammer out details (see Anheuser Busch {Inbev  rant})!

the guy said it might be announced as early as thursday... he never said it was a for sure thing.  good lord  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1266 on: October 14, 2008, 02:29:14 AM »

Fuck "friendships!"  hihi

Yea fuck those.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1267 on: October 14, 2008, 03:25:31 AM »

As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can.
Im not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned but The Spaghetti Insident? was released 23 November 1993, so if its released that date it would be 15 years exacly from the Last Guns N' Roses studio Release and the New Milenium Chinese Democrazy  beer

Here Today..
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1268 on: October 14, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »

15 years we'll never have again , yea.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1269 on: October 14, 2008, 04:04:20 AM »

There's a tiny part of me that hopes it drags out yet again

Maybe you are a Sadomasochist?  hihi rofl

hahaha , I also have a 'love/hate "relationship with the long wait...

but Ill love chinese democracy coming out just that litttttttttttle bit more Smiley

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1270 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:20 AM »

Hey it's started something:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3195370/China-will-be-a-democracy-by-2020-says-senior-party-figure.html

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1271 on: October 14, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »

CD has 12 years to make a difference in the world... it has to be released now!!!!!!!!  Grin

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1272 on: October 14, 2008, 09:03:20 AM »

CD has 12 years to make a difference in the world... it has to be released now!!!!!!!!  Grin

baz's story about the 3 albums out over 08/10/12 years would be suffice then! Smiley

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1273 on: October 14, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »

BTW, when would they have to start manufacturing the cds to get them in stores in time?

That's a tough question to answer because this isn't "normal".

Normally, you have to allow for distribution time, etc from the manufacturer.  It goes from the factory to varying distributors, and then has to go out to all the different stores.  You need a longer lead time to do that, because you want to make sure ALL the product arrives on, or shortly before, release date.

In this case, you're looking at only ONE point of distribution (Best Buy) and then them sending it out to all their stores.  My guess is that cuts close to a week off your time frame, but let me be very clear that is JUST a guess.

I think I remember reading that music CD capacity at the manufacturing plants is right around a million units per day.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be).  

And then all sorts of factor some into play:  Where you are in the "work que" and where the plant is in order turn around.  Whether you're willing to pay more for a rush job.  All sorts of stuff.

I think the average time is around 4 weeks to manufacture, distribute, and release a product.  With some extra money, and considering less distribution....I'd think they MIGHT have a chance at turning it around in more like 2 weeks.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1274 on: October 14, 2008, 09:38:35 AM »

I was thinking one thing today.
gunsnroses.com has not been update to coment about Body of Lies nor to deny or confirm the Best Buy deal and the supposed release date. As many here have stated, other small or insignificant rumours (such as the reality show, Robin leaving, Kevin's arrest) or big rumours (like Shackler's debut on Rock Band) all have been replyed to.

Could it be that the silence on the website now - beside the wait for a 100%-guarantee-set-on-stone-release-date) - is due to a big change on gunsnroses.com? Like a brand new, up to date, full of content website, displayng news, profiles, videos, audio samples, etc?

:: vicente ::

Can we just flat out ask Mysteron?

Mysteron...if you can say...are their plans to overhaul gunsnroses.com in conjunction with their plans to release the album?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #1275 on: October 14, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »

As I said before, 11/23 is the plan, but I am told that no official announcements are expected before Thursday. I will update then if I can.
Thanks Mysteron, always is good read your great posts.

I'm anxious waiting for thursday  Cool

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1276 on: October 14, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »

I still don't believe it untill I hear something official from the band.
I was teased for a release to many times in the past, so for me this is just another rumor!

Although, to be a bit more excited: this rumor does sound more realistic than all the others, so let's hope for the best. And, if the release will finally occur, I hope the album kicks ass!! Because, I'm afraid the expectations from alot of people will be so big that it will have to be an fucking amazing album for critics to be only a 'bit' positive. That's also normal to my feeling, if you work 15 years on an album....
I would also be very dissapointed when the album finally sees the daylight and it then turns out to be one shitty album....oh no, I may not think of that. So LET's HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!!

beer  drool  peace
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:54:39 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1277 on: October 14, 2008, 09:54:06 AM »

There is just way too much buzz going around for this album to not be a success. People can say shit all they want and trash talk Axl... those are the same motherfuckers that are gonna be singing along to Better once it his radio and will still probably buy the record. Assholes...  hihi

but I do have to say that after years of visiting this site... close 8 years and the years prior to that... waiting for CD has been one helluva ride. Thanks for the memories guys... and JARMO!!!!!  smoking

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #1278 on: October 14, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »

I posted this originally on GnrEvolution, thought I'd share it over here:

Earlier tonight I confirmed all the rumors that have been swirling around the internet recently.  I went into the local FYE at the mall I work at.  Asked the guy behind the register if he had heard anything about the new GnR album.  He gets this pissy look on his face and says "yeah, but its an exclusive at another store".  I ask him if its just stuff he heard from the rumor mill or if its been confirmed by his corporate office.  To my amazement, he says "yeah from our corporate offices".  He goes to the computer and starts accessing his email system.  After a few seconds he finds the email he's looking for.  As soon as he did, I basically commandeered the damn computer terminal.  The letter was pretty much as follows:

"Guns N' Roses' long awaited album chinese democracy will be coming out this year.  Unfortunately for us, it is a Best Buy exclusive.  It is set for later part of November, before thanksgiving."

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1279 on: October 14, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »

I still don't believe it untill I hear something official from the band.
I was teased for a release to many times in the past, so for me this is just another rumor!

Although, to be a bit more excited: this rumor does sound a bit more realistic than all the other, so let's hope for the best. And, if the relase will finally occur, I hope the album kicks ass!! I'm afraid the expectations from alot of people will be so big that it will have to be an amazing album for critics to be a 'bit' positive. That's also normal, if you work 15 years on an album.... I would also be very dissapointed when the album finally sees the daylight and it then turns out to be one shitty album....oh no, I may not think of that. So LET's HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!!

beer  drool  peace

Mysteron hasn't been one to post Bullshit.... he's usually the one that clears it up. So I do trust in him.

"In Myst we Trust"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: