Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 567888 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1160 on: October 13, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »

I hate when albums come out with multiple covers.  Why?  Because it makes me feel incomplete unless I have all of them.  I hate that! 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1161 on: October 13, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »

I hate when albums come out with multiple covers.  Why?  Because it makes me feel incomplete unless I have all of them.  I hate that! 

Increases sales to at least +2  hihi
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1162 on: October 13, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »

Just use some will power. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Jada
« Reply #1163 on: October 13, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

I hate it too. My friend bought every single lord of the rings special edition dvd (etc) there was available, and there was quite a few of them... They came with toys and all.

I can live with just one album cover (out of three), but I don't have to like the idea...
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1164 on: October 13, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »

I could care less about multiple covers. If each disc inside is exactly the same I could give two shits about having two more of the same thing with a different picture on the case.

Though, I understand the appeal for some fans.

Hopefully this turns out to be true and the album is coming but until its confirmed by an official announcement we should all hold off on our excitement. Just becuz the best buy deal is in place doesn't mean the release date can't be moved or delayed further. All we know is that the plan is for november but plans change, so dont go expecting the album to drop in november till the band says it will.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1165 on: October 13, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »

I've always said I'm going to buy more then one copy.  Now I have a good reason Grin I already have 2 vinyl GNR albums, now I'll have more! (if the rumors stated here in this thread are true)  

To be honest, I'm amazed at the low prices.  I was kind of expecting higher prices, probably for add-ons like DVDs and posters (or whatever)  These prices I can do no problem Grin  

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1166 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25:46 PM »

holy shit. just got off the phone literally one second ago with Best Buy.

the guy said without hesitation "its coming out November 23" then when I asked if that was for sure he said "Guns N Roses are able to call it off at anytime between now and 2 weeks before Nov 23"

im officially a believer

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1167 on: October 13, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

I could care less about multiple covers. If each disc inside is exactly the same I could give two shits about having two more of the same thing with a different picture on the case.

Hopefully this turns out to be true and the album is coming but until its confirmed by an official announcement we should all hold off on our excitement. Just becuz the best buy deal is in place doesn't mean the release date can't be moved or delayed further. All we know is that the plan is for november but plans change, so dont go expecting the album to drop in november till the band says it will.  smoking

I'm actually wondering if the 'leak' of sku's tweaks the band/management/label enough to sour the deal with BB. I have to imagine that all parties involved (including Best Buy) would have prefered a dramatic announcement and not a few people walking into Best Buy and asking a kid in the media department to search for "Chineses Democracy".
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: October 13, 2008, 02:27:58 PM »

the guy said without hesitation "its coming out November 23" then when I asked if that was for sure he said "Guns N Roses are able to call it off at anytime between now and 2 weeks before Nov 23"

im officially a believer

The only propblem I see with that is their system says 11/25...
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1169 on: October 13, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

im officially a believer

what do you mean?

Im just quoting exactly what the dude said (403) 247-7175‎ feel free to call...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1170 on: October 13, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »

Hopefully it isn't just 3 different album covers. Surely they will have different bonus songs or something.

If they release CD with 3 different covers only, A lot of people here will owe another certain group an apology.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #1171 on: October 13, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »

Multiple covers is just a way to get suckers.. err I mean really dedicated fans... to spend more money  ok ok

At this point I don't think even Axl could stop the release... Best Buy isn't going to start ordering, shipping units, etc unless something has been signed and I'm sure they would put language into any contract to guarantee the release will happen before they'd spend any of their own money. 

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
Jada
« Reply #1172 on: October 13, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »

I'm actually wondering if the 'leak' of sku's tweaks the band/management/label enough to sour the deal with BB. I have to imagine that all parties involved (including Best Buy) would have prefered a dramatic announcement and not a few people walking into Best Buy and asking a kid in the media department to search for "Chineses Democracy".

Are you saying that the annoucement won't be dramatic anymore?

hihi

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: October 13, 2008, 02:36:07 PM »

im officially a believer

what do you mean?

Im just quoting exactly what the dude said (403) 247-7175‎ feel free to call...

Their RSS says 11/25... saw it with my own eyes... The guy you talked to maxes out a 10 dollars an hour and is no more informed of BB Corporates plans than you are.

I don't doubt he or she said it... I just don't believe he actually knows anything other than what the computer says. So if he said 11/23 he is going by the same stories you read, thats all.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1174 on: October 13, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »

I don't understand this shit though

If Best Buy have it in their system and its official why won't GNR just make an announcement on their website?

U know, when trying to sell a product, Undercover, secret  007 agent stuff, usually isn't the way u go about doing business.

Im still stuck on the Single/Video thing.

Realistically, they would have to start shooting a video very very soon and u know info from that will leak etc.

I'm not trying to be negative, but with all the time thats gone by and the way everything has went, It would be a shame to mess up the release by poor planning etc.

Still plenty of time though for all of this to happen, but u figure 2 weeks tops and we will have to have gotten some sort of announcement.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1175 on: October 13, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »

couldn't care less.   Couldn't give two shits. 

Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1176 on: October 13, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »

I don't understand this shit though

If Best Buy have it in their system and its official why won't GNR just make an announcement on their website?

U know, when trying to sell a product, Undercover, secret  007 agent stuff, usually isn't the way u go about doing business.

Im still stuck on the Single/Video thing.

Realistically, they would have to start shooting a video very very soon and u know info from that will leak etc.

I'm not trying to be negative, but with all the time thats gone by and the way everything has went, It would be a shame to mess up the release by poor planning etc.

Still plenty of time though for all of this to happen, but u figure 2 weeks tops and we will have to have gotten some sort of announcement.

it sounds like they are still hesitant about something. The best buy dude made it clear to me they could call it off at anytime

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: October 13, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »

Are you saying that the annoucement won't be dramatic anymore?

hihi

I just wish this band could be the first to tell us something once in a while.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1178 on: October 13, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »

it sounds like they are still hesitant about something. The best buy dude made it clear to me they could call it off at anytime

You mean hesitant about Axl?  Roll Eyes Wink

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #1179 on: October 13, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

The question I keep asking myself is..  Why the delay for any sort of announcement? 

If its still not 100% done then, there is a chance for another delay.  Which i think will create quite the backlash.  It is has never been this close and it could prove a disaster if this deals falls through.  And management should have no reason to get tweaked by RSS info leaks, since the ball has long been in there court since this deal was making its rounds to make an official announcement.

There is alot of momentum right now for this thing.  Come on announcement!

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: