Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt and Camp Freddy gig and news
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt and Camp Freddy gig and news  (Read 8508 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: September 25, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »

Thanks to www.billymorrison.net for the following:

CAMP FREDDY NEWS - OCTOBER 2008
Morning all. So if you are planning on being around the Malibu area on Saturday October 4th, you might wanna swing by the ubiquitous Cross Creek Shops, and search out the John Varvatos store. I think its a new one, cos John has asked us to perform a small acoustic set in the afternoon to help celebrate the opening. And being huge fans of John's clothes and fashion in general, we agreed! So we will be hanging out that afternoon in Malibu (can't think where else I'd rather be on a Saturday afternoon!) and playing a few acoustic jams. I am sure a friend or two will show up and jam as well - thats kinda what we do!!

In other Camp Freddy news, after nearly five years of doing the radio show at Indie 103.1FM, we will be moving on and parting ways with the station. We all want to thank Indie for a great time, and personally I want to say that I have enjoyed doing the show for so many years. It's time for all concerned to change it up, move on and explore new pastures - so big up and massiv' respec' to all at INDIE - thanks for a good time folks. And stay tuned for further radio news - the Camp Freddy Radio Show will be back after these words from our sponsors!!!

And the Paramount show is this Saturday 27th September. Tickets are still available and the show is on the movie Lot at Paramount Studios on Melrose Ave in Los Angeles. We play for an hour around 10.30pm, but Dave Navarro and DJ Skribble are doing their thang (and its a beautiful thang too - you really need to go down and see this collaboration) around 9.00pm. I for one will be checking that shit out. I'll see you front and center. A couple more Camp Freddy shows are on the books for October, but they are private shows and unless I get told I can give you details, you'll have to be content with a few pics and a write up after the fact. I'm sure we'll get Wendy to document them.

-Billy Morrison

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »

So Camp Freddy Radio is over?  Will there be a final show or are they already done?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:33:50 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »

So Camp Freddy Radio is over?  Will there be a final show or are they already done?

It's done on Indie, the last show (I believe) was this past Saturday.

It will be back somewhere, smart money says it will resurface under Dave Navarro's Spread Entertainment umbrella.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:09:03 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »

CAMP FREDDY To Play Acoustic Show In Malibu Next Weekend - Sep. 27, 2008

CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE) ? will perform a short acoustic set in the afternoon of Saturday, October 4 at the John Varvatos store (3825 Cross Creek Rd., Ste. 9A) in Malibu, California.

In other news, CAMP FREDDY has announced that it has parted ways with Los Angeles' acclaimed Indie 103.1 radio station, which has aired the band's weekly show every Saturday for nearly five years. Morrison says, "We all want to thank Indie for a great time, and personally I want to say that I have enjoyed doing the show for so many years. It's time for all concerned to change it up, move on and explore new pastures ? so big up and massive respect to all at Indie ? thanks for a good time, folks. And stay tuned for further radio news ? the 'Camp Freddy Radio' show will be back after these words from our sponsors!!!"

CAMP FREDDY is continuing work on what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray.

Since its formation six years ago when they rocked the opening of The Standard Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles at the invitation of Brent Bolthouse, CAMP FREDDY has performed on both coasts of America and on national television shows ("The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn", "Last Call with Carson Daly").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105712

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »

CAMP FREDDY Joined By KISS, SLIPKNOT, SEX PISTOLS Members In Malibu - Oct. 5, 2008

CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE) ? has issued the following update:

"It was a busy day for CAMP FREDDY yesterday [Saturday, October 4], as the band performed two shows in one day. First of all, the band helped celebrate the opening of the new John Varvatos store in Malibu with an acoustic performance that included Royston Langdon (SPACEHOG), Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL), Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT) and Perry Farrell (JANE'S ADDICTION). And then later that night at an exclusive, unrelated party in Malibu, the band played an electric set that culminated in Paul Stanley from KISS joining the band for killer versions of 'Whole Lotta Love', 'All Right Now' and the KISS classic 'Strutter'. "

Setlist for John Varvatos store opening in Malibu:

01. Just What I Needed
02. I'm Eighteen
03. In The Meantime
04. Suffragette City
05. Rain
06. Maggie May
07. Got Me Wrong
08. People Are Strange
09. Feel Like Makin Love

Guests: Perry Farrell, Steve Stevens, Corey Taylor, Royston Langdon.

Setlist for exclusive, unrelated party in Malibu:

01. Hello There
02. Just What I Needed
03. In The Meantime
04. Suffragette City
05. Rock And Roll Star
06. Rebel Yell
07. Ain't Talkin Bout Love
08. It's So Easy
09. Chinese Rocks
10. EMI
11. Whole Lotta Love
12. All Right Now
13. Strutter

Guests: Paul Stanley, Duff McKagan, Corey Taylor, Steve Jones, Paul Cook, Steve Stevens, Royston Langdon.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106229

John Varvatos Shoots Perry Farrell On The Bowery For Fall 2008 Campaign

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/#/campaign/

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:15:29 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

Camp Freddy: Special Bonus Cut video: Spread TV

Compilation of Camp Freddy... Directed by Todd Newman. Starring Dave Navarro, Billy Morrison, Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Matt Sorum, Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler, Billy Idol, Slash and many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vS5tTeG1Mc

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »

More from www.billymorrison.net/weblog on Saturdays gigs;

"Oh my GOD! That was a crazy day yesterday. Two shows in one day and a whole lot of playing guitar. But then again, I can think of a ton of worse places to spend the day than Malibu, CA! It was a really good laugh hanging out with everyone all day. We even all hit the movies inbetween shows (Eagle Eye - not bad, but a touch far fetched!!) - a proper social gathering of rock n roll! First up was a noon arrival at an amazing estate in Malibu overlooking the ocean that was being set up for a crazy party that night. One of the huge tents was where they had set up a full stage, monitor and light rig, and this was gonna be the site of the evenings full band performance. We soundchecked for a couple of hours, dialing it all in, and then......

Off down the hill to the ubiquitous Cross Creek shops in Malibu. This is where all the beach community shop...but if you think I mean 'Kiss Me Quick' hats and fish and chips, think again! Some of the best sushi in the State, Chrome Hearts leather everything, sneakers that only exist in the Tokyo underground stores.....its all here. And rock and roll designer John Varvatos was opening a new fabulous store right in the center of it all. So he had invited Camp Freddy to play a few acoustic songs and as we love John, we agreed. When we arrived, there were TONS of people everywhere, a full stage and monitor rig set up right in the center of all the stores (outside!!) and cameras everywhere! After a few snaps and shaking a few hands, we played a great nine song set with our friends Steve Stevens (amazing acoustic solo on The Cult's Rain), Corey Taylor (from Slipknot who just NAILED Alice In Chains 'Got Me Wrong' , the wonderful Royston Langdon (who rocked a Bowie song) and Perry Farrell (who was pure genius on a version of 'Feel Like Makin Love'.

After all the fuss had died down, we all started to realize that we had 5 hours to kill before we had to be onstage up the street at the party. So we flew into Nobu and scarfed down a nice bit of the Black Cod and some baked crab rolls, and then went to see Eagle Eye afterwards. Having killed the time, we drove back up to the party and hit the stage for gig number two. Lots of fun was had by all concerned. Again, we got to do EMI with Steve and Paul, and Duff joined us for a bit of Chinese Rocks. Corey and Steve Stevens just ripped it up with a killer version of Rebel Yell...and then on strode Mr Paul Stanley (yep - THAT Paul Stanley, from KISS) and we rocked out with him singing and playing guitar on Whole Lotta Love, All Right Now and his own Strutter.

And here I sit, on a quiet Sunday night, looking ahead to the next Camp Freddy show and marvelling at just how much fun it all is for us all. I hope we get to bring this beast to a town near you at some point, cos quite frankly.....you GOTTA SEE THIS SHIT!!! Thanks to everyone on the crew and all our friends and guests for making CF a great hang and a super cool show. I also wanted an excuse to throw up another pic from last weeks Paramount show - cos the setting was so outrageous! Check it out - the stage surrounded by all the old looking movie sets. See ya during the week."

- Billy Morrison

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:36 PM »

Hey Friends, Had a great but busy last weekend, last friday had a rehearsal BBQ at my house for an acoustic performance at my friend John Varvatos new store in Malibu. Guests included John and Joyce Varvatos, Billy Morrison and wife Jen. Corey Taylor of Slipknot and friend Stephanie, Steve Stevens and girl Josey Steve Jones and Cooky of the Pistols and Cookys wife Jen. Donovan Leitch and wife Kirsti Hume, Chris Chaney, my partner Max Noce cooked the pasta. Darling Stilettos Gina, Lindsey and Megan. I cooked salmon and filet for about 25 and we jammed a bit Great night Matt

Photos: http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/10/08/rnr-bbq-2/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »

Hey Friends More photos from a killer jam with Freddy After the John Varvatos gig had dinner with friends John n Joyce Varvatos and Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford. Headed out to the gig and jammed with the Pistols, Jonesy and Cooky, Duff, Corey of Slipknot and yes?.. Paul Stanley of Kiss Jammed Strutter so cool, first band i ever saw. so another rock n roll dream come true
Matt

Photos: http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/10/10/rockin-malibu-2/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:53:47 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 01:48:25 AM »

PAUL ROCKS WITH CAMP FREDDY

October 8th, 2008 | PAULSTANLEY.com

Last Saturday, at private party in Malibu, Paul jumped on stage with Camp Freddy for killer versions of 'Whole Lotta Love', 'All Right Now' and the KISS classic 'Strutter'!

CAMP FREDDY, headed up by Billy Morrison (The Cult/Circus Diablo), Dave Navarro (Janes Addiction/The Panic Channel), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses/Velvet Revolver), Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (Janes Addiction/Alanis Morrisette) was created for the sole purpose have having a good time.

A couple of photos: http://www.paulstanley.com/

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »

A bit more info on the upcoming CF activity from www.billymorrison.net:

"What else? Well, Camp Freddy play again this coming Saturday (another private party I'm afraid - this time for Galpin Auto Sports - the home of MTV's Pimp My Ride) so the week will no doubt be a busy one as that all gets put together. It feels like we have been doing something or other every weekend recently. I can tell you that we are working on some nice end of year stuff to close out the band's busiest year to date - more details when we get them. And 2009 has a few exciting things being placed as well - no rest for the wicked, haha! It's been a lot of fun doing the Freddy shows this year, and I believe that everyone who jams has a great time. It's time we got out on the road I think - send an email to your local councilman!!"

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

gnr2k6
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »

the one thing that does bother me about camp freddy is that they throw in our faces shit we cannot attend......and theyr doing an album and if it does get released many many of us will never get to see them live-oh yeah we're supposed to remember theyr not in this for the money
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »

the one thing that does bother me about camp freddy is that they throw in our faces shit we cannot attend..

I don't take it that way at all..

I think Morrison shares the "private" info for those who may want to
take a chance and sneak in to an otherwise exclusive gig.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »

the one thing that does bother me about camp freddy is that they throw in our faces shit we cannot attend......and theyr doing an album and if it does get released many many of us will never get to see them live-oh yeah we're supposed to remember theyr not in this for the money

If we don't know about the show...how are we suppose to find photos and video?  Wink

gnr2k6
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

morrison's the only normal one im afraid
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »

CAMP FREDDY: New Video Footage Posted Online - Oct. 14, 2008

A couple of new clips of CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE) ? have been posted on YouTube, including a 10-minute compilation video featuring appearances by Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler and Billy Idol.

CAMP FREDDY recently parted ways with Los Angeles' acclaimed Indie 103.1 radio station, which has aired the band's weekly show every Saturday for nearly five years.

CAMP FREDDY is continuing work on what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray.

Since its formation six years ago when they rocked the opening of The Standard Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles at the invitation of Brent Bolthouse, CAMP FREDDY has performed on both coasts of America and on national television shows ("The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn", "Last Call with Carson Daly").

Spread TV compilation of CAMP FREDDY directed by Todd Newman. Starring Dave Navarro, Billy Morrison, Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Matt Sorum, Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler, Billy Idol and many more:

From the New York City Hilfiger sessions during the summer, here is an acoustic version of the VELVET UNDERGROUND classic "Sweet Jane":

Here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106806

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 01:15:50 PM »

Italian Vogue October Issue

http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/10/15/italian-vogue-october-issue/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »

Slash performed last night at the Galpin Auto Sports Grand Opening Extravaganza....along with Camp Freddy, B-Real and Sen Dog.

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=338826&s=slash&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »

Another all star guest list at last nights CF gig, more from Billy Morrison courtesy of www.billymorrison.net"

October 19, 2008
ALL ABOARD THE CRAZY TRAIN
Another week flies by...and now I find myself sitting with my coffee this morning, reflecting on last nights Camp Freddy show in Los Angeles. It's strange to me how one minute I am standing on one of the loudest stages I have ever experienced, playing PARANOID with Navarro, Slash and Steve Jones (all four of us playing that infamous riff), watching Ozzy play with the audience and sing the shit out of a song that he must have sung a million times.....and then its all finished. Over. I am back at home, sipping coffee and watching fucking squirrels and birds do their morning thing! Last nights show was just incredible - culminating with Ozzy doing four songs with us (Iron Man, I Don't Know, Crazy Train, and the huge guitar-fest that I described above on Paranoid) as well as Cypress Hill and Slash doing Rock Superstar and Paradise City, Mark McGrath and Steve Stevens rockin' Rebel Yell, Billy Duffy ripping on Wild Flower, Macy Gray storming through 7 Nation Army .... just too many great moments in one show!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 12:47:21 AM »

Camp Freddy - Ozzy Osbourne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBMyI8O6PCE

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: