Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 07:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101209 times)
Katie.B
Opening Act

« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »

See, so many people disagree with me, but I really dislike this song,
I don't even think it's meant to be anything serious, sorry if this has already been mentioned (but I'm far too lazy to read through everything, I know I'm horrible) I'm sure I watched a video of Axl describing it as a pisstake song, of what he came up with if he were asked to write a cheesy theme tune for a James Bond movie?

You begin to realise very quickly that the world is infact, full of sods - Sean Connery
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

See, so many people disagree with me, but I really dislike this song,
I don't even think it's meant to be anything serious, sorry if this has already been mentioned (but I'm far too lazy to read through everything, I know I'm horrible) I'm sure I watched a video of Axl describing it as a pisstake song, of what he came up with if he were asked to write a cheesy theme tune for a James Bond movie?

I'm sure he wouldn't bother playing it at every show, considering how hard it is to sing, if he didn't actually like the song.
Katie.B
Opening Act

« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »

I wasn't saying he didn't like it.
I'm just sure I've seen somethin before where he describes it as what he would have written for a cheesy James Bond film, which is really funny, because it would make an excellent James Bond theme tune. Y'know, the opening credits with all the naked ladieees.

You begin to realise very quickly that the world is infact, full of sods - Sean Connery
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »

I'm pretty sure he was only joking about people who said the lyrics were stupid. Not only the song is a major hit live (and indeed rocks hard!), but it was also one of the first tracks to come up officially (in the Body of Lies ending credits), so I don't think the band wrote just a "pisstake song".

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »

I like chinese democracy a lot...Every fuckin day i listen this amazing rock album...But only one song which i don't like is IF THE WORLD Undecided
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2010, 11:36:31 AM »

I think at this point after so long - I've got certain songs that I may like a little more or a little less than originally thought..but this one has not changed for me, to be honest

I dig the groove, I love how tight and clear the recording sounds and I'm pretty sure it is one of the better vocal recordings he's laid down

Definite highlight on the album
Katie.B
Opening Act

« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »

Meh...everyone to their own
I like every track on the album except for this one.
Don't like the music, don't like the lyrics.

Annie
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »

I think this song would have been great in a James Bond movie.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2010, 02:20:30 PM »

it sure will
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »

Fuck you If The World haters. F U and Fuck You. This song is trippy as fuck and continues to this very day to be my main go to track when I am stoned. It is a fucking gift from Axl. I have always dreamt that one fucking day Axl would sing fucking tripped out, almost Beatles style, on a groovy ass song. This song is dreamy. Goddamn I hate some of you. There is nothing subjective about this. If you don't like it, you are a fucking square and you need to feed your mind. I listen to this song and the only thing I want to say to Axl is, thank you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »

Jesus, take a Valium.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »

Fuck you If The World haters. F U and Fuck You. This song is trippy as fuck and continues to this very day to be my main go to track when I am stoned. It is a fucking gift from Axl. I have always dreamt that one fucking day Axl would sing fucking tripped out, almost Beatles style, on a groovy ass song. This song is dreamy. Goddamn I hate some of you. There is nothing subjective about this. If you don't like it, you are a fucking square and you need to feed your mind. I listen to this song and the only thing I want to say to Axl is, thank you.
you're the most hateful and aggressive stoner i've ever seen

go smoke a joint and listen to the song instead, that just might be my friday night plans
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

What ... is it still April fools day? Yea that must be it.

Katie.B
Opening Act

« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:05 AM »

Meh...everyone to their own

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2010, 08:41:26 AM »

What ... is it still April fools day? Yea that must be it.

I sure hope so. Otherwise, there would be no explanation for describing a song as "dreamy."  Smiley
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »

Hahaaa, that is a good one. Damn that does sound kind of gay to use the word "dreamy" (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »

Hahaaa, that is a good one. Damn that does sound kind of gay to use the word "dreamy" (not that there is anything wrong with that).
I wouldn't call him an angry stoner, but a full supporter of GNR and If The World with no other bullshit allowed, isn't that right Buddha?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »

I honestly don't know how any GN'R fan can not like If The World. I feel this song showcases Axl's amazing vocal range more than most. I love the vibe and feel to the music, and Axl's vocals speak for themself, superb.  Smiley
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #438 on: April 21, 2010, 02:10:12 AM »

I wouldn't call him an angry stoner, but a full supporter of GNR and If The World with no other bullshit allowed, isn't that right Buddha?

Yes, exactly. Thank you. To be truthful, I wasn't stoned when I did the post that labeled me as an angry Stoner. Today, If The World got the much playtime. It was the Anthem to 4/20... and deservedly so. I hope everyones 420 was a fun one.

On a side note, my bro just got a new car and we wanted to test out its sound system. If The World is a perfect song to test out a sound system. There is so many things happening in the song that a good system can really bring out. And my science the sub woofer does this song justice. This song is Top Dog. Still.

superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #439 on: April 21, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »

I couldn't stand this song until I heard it live and now it kicks ass with Axl's old sounding voice.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: