Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101461 times)
Olorin
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

I much prefer the stripped down demo to this version. I cant stand Pitmans sub bass or whatever it is, that naff electronic bassline drowning out some funky guitar work and just about everything else at times. Also the phased la la la sounds like what one of the sound effect buttons did on my first mixer in the early 90's, I cringe hearing it on this record.

One of the best guitar solos on the album for me is on here, but I'm already skipping this song. Its a shame cause I did like the demo.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »

I have a driving "If The World" story too.

Last night, I was playing the CD for the first time in my truck.  My speakers in my truck suck ass, so I only play music in there once in a while.

Anyway, when I got to this song, I just started grooving along.  Eventually, I looked down and found I was going 10 BELOW the speed limit hihi  I have to say, that's the first time I've ever caught myself going too slow! Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Olorin
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »

Bloody women drivers  Roll Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »

I have a driving "If The World" story too.

Last night, I was playing the CD for the first time in my truck.  My speakers in my truck suck ass, so I only play music in there once in a while.

Anyway, when I got to this song, I just started grooving along.  Eventually, I looked down and found I was going 10 BELOW the speed limit hihi  I have to say, that's the first time I've ever caught myself going too slow! Grin

THAT WAS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! rant rant rant rant rant

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2008, 01:45:08 AM »

Very underrated song, I'm surprised more people don't dig it. Very experimental, and I think that is cool as fuck, and even after hearing the whole record, this is still the song that I constantly have stuck in my head. Extremely catchy, almost contagious peace

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »

Very underrated song, I'm surprised more people don't dig it. Very experimental, and I think that is cool as fuck, and even after hearing the whole record, this is still the song that I constantly have stuck in my head. Extremely catchy, almost contagious peace

Totally agree, just bought the album and listening to If The World at the moment, I think its sooo much better than the demo version. Fanastic song, I think it was pretty ballsy to put this on the album and for me it totally works!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2008, 01:16:11 PM »

I much prefer the stripped down demo to this version. I cant stand Pitmans sub bass or whatever it is, that naff electronic bassline drowning out some funky guitar work and just about everything else at times. Also the phased la la la sounds like what one of the sound effect buttons did on my first mixer in the early 90's, I cringe hearing it on this record.

One of the best guitar solos on the album for me is on here, but I'm already skipping this song. Its a shame cause I did like the demo.

My main complaint about the radio effect is that it kicks in shortly after Axl start singing the lana na bit...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

It's one of my favorites off the album. Every time I hear it I just start head bobbing.  Cool
KrazyJ23
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »

This was one of the most unusual and refreshing moments of the album for me.....what a combo...

LOVE the official version....the drum opening at the beginning and the "Creeping Mono AM radio" effect after verse 2...very slick.....leading into the amazing dual guitar melodies running together up to the amazing acoustic run at the end of the song.

Bad ass all the way around  beer smoking
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »

I've realized there is something very special about this song. I can't get it out of my head! Ever! It's always the one song I find myself stuck with in my head. It's really a beautiful. Amazingly, I can be listening to an absolute masterpiece like This I Love before I go to bed and have that one in my head, but when I wake up If The World has taken its place. Irresistable tune. Cool

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »

its simply lush.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: November 24, 2008, 12:32:30 AM »

This song is so catchy and funky and i see a lot of people dislike it. I love it and it is pushing to be my favorite along with sorry, catcher, better, twat,shackler,maddy and basically every song  hihi

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »

To me this version sounds way better than it did when I listened to the demo a while back.  I am surprised that this is one of my favorite songs on the album!
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #293 on: November 24, 2008, 02:16:13 AM »

This song is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, and was the biggest surprise on the album for me back when it first leaked. A very laid back, funky, melancholy piece. Absolutely beautiful stuff, I absolutely ate it up. This is a song that would best be listened to when driving on a rainy day. Very mellow and reflective; yet powerful. They added some nice punch to it in the finalized production, great, great stuff.

I think it would be a good choice for a future single.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: November 24, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »

Another song I didn't quite get until I set down w/ the lyrics N' concentrated on it..I love it now...
Evolution
« Reply #295 on: November 24, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »

The final production on this track is superb. Chris really shines on it, the sub-bass gives it that power.

The Na-na section has some great panning! Right to left.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2008, 12:25:02 AM »

Fuck.  Me.

A guitar solo like that has absolutely no business being in a song like If The World.

My first impressions of the song from the leaks were very poor.   But listening to the song in all it's glory from Chi Dem I absolutely love this track.

And that guitar work....   Wow....

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2008, 07:58:25 AM »

This is definately my 2nd favourite on the record. I love how much panning there is throughout the song, mainly the ending. Such a funky tune but still rocks the shit outta ya.   ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »

Slowly becoming one of my many favourites on the album! Grin

GN'R 2010!!!
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »

Yes, this song is like good sex. You just can't get enough of it.  peace

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: