Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101491 times)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »

just came back from "body of lies". like others have said, the movie is ok, but not a must see...

well, "if the world"... it fits the film perfectly. they have the song played from the intro to the end of the first real chorus (not just the intro chorus). sound was very, very good. only thing i still have to get used to, is the fact that axl's vocals seemed pretty shrill at the beginning. the verses rocked and axl sounded super-fine here! man, the guitar is heavy! much better and more energetic than in the leak (nothing much has changed though during that 2 minutes i heard; i guess it's just the mixing and mastering...). not really worried about "if the world" anymore. this album will probably blend lots of different musical elements together in a cool way.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:09:03 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2008, 03:27:46 AM »

Just saw Body Of Lies good movie I was really into, If The World is a masterpiece Axl really made some special I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2008, 09:50:18 AM »

I enjoyed the movie. sorry for those that didn't. the song sounded great. TWAT would've been a better choice IMO.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
overmatik
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2008, 10:26:22 AM »

Good review.  Does that guy really think that's the whole song though, 90 seconds?  I can just imagine the backlash, "It took Axl 15 years to make a 90 second song?"  Just enough to wet your appetite.

In the article he mentions that the song would fit more a James Bond movie.  Maybe, but I.R.S. would be just perfect, and as the main theme. It would make people forget about the horrible Madonna'a theme.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »

Yeah, if they were really smart, they would've saved 'If The World' and used it as the theme to 'Quantum of Solace', the new Bond flick. It sounds like it was written to be a Bond theme, but it's cool that it's in this movie...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »

I saw the movie last night with my father. The movie was ok. I was a bit disappointed. If The World sounds really good! I
agree that it would have been better for the new James Bond movie. My father, who introduced me to Guns music 20 years ago,
liked the song. He thought that Axl's voice sounds a little bit higher now.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »

Anybody who's seen the movie, is there any buzz about the song in the theater?  I would kind of doubt it, as people are there to see the movie and probably don't give a hoot about the song.  But anyone hear any mentions?  Maybe, is that Axl or something to that effect?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »

Anybody who's seen the movie, is there any buzz about the song in the theater?  I would kind of doubt it, as people are there to see the movie and probably don't give a hoot about the song.  But anyone hear any mentions?  Maybe, is that Axl or something to that effect?

i was looking out for that, but i didn't see it happening. a few people were sitting through the whole end credits. most people left immediately when the movie was over. but i guess i was not the only one in the cinema (at loes lincoln square) that was there because of gnr... saw some dudes with long hair giving each other a look when if the world started...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:11:05 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »

There was two guy's with GnR shirts in the 3 rows back from the screen !!! I was in the middle row and loving Axl's voice at the end.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AC
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

Saw the movie last night. The placement of the song is perfect. It sort of forces those in the audience to hear most of it if you want to see the final images of the movie. As for the quality, it's the same as what I have already (hehe).

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
torzt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »

What do you do after a week filled with incredible Guns news, releasedates, new songs and constantly pressing reload on gunsnroses.com.............

Well I've just opened a beer, put Appetite in the cd player and wandered of into the jungle!!!!!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im fucking innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »

What do you do after a week filled with incredible Guns news, releasedates, new songs and constantly pressing reload on gunsnroses.com.............

Well I've just opened a beer, put Appetite in the cd player and wandered of into the jungle!!!!!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday beer  Your right everything is sooooooo exciting right now, Axl pretty much has the world hangin off the edge of their seats.  Welcome to the board Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »

so did Pittman write the guitar parts or did Axl? Seems his guitar lessons have really played off if he wrote that

or is it like NR and Estranged, where Bucket or whoever wrote the flaminco type parts but it isn't considered enough to be a songwriting credit?
Songwriting credits are for music AND lyrics.

NR has guitar too.
"November Rain"
(Rose)

Guitar isn't music?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »

so did Pittman write the guitar parts or did Axl? Seems his guitar lessons have really played off if he wrote that

or is it like NR and Estranged, where Bucket or whoever wrote the flaminco type parts but it isn't considered enough to be a songwriting credit?

NR has guitar too.
"November Rain"
(Rose)

Guitar isn't music?

You're asking who wrote the guitar parts and assume it's either Chris or Axl since they're the credited song writers.

She says there have been examples in the past where no guitar player has been credited as a songwriter on the track.

So, what's the problem?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »

I think it may be just confusion, I dunno Ive made demos and had a guitar player play on tracks, they didn't technically write the music, only add riffs, or licks, but not necessarily be composer of the song they added to. Then again Ive had demos done where The guitar player actually really had major influence in how the song structurally was done. And Ive copyrighted accordingly. Credits giving where there was much structural changes, with song on behalf of the guitarist.. and non cre4dit where it didn't structurally change  the song, only added, and it was done so with all parties agreeing.   

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2008, 12:06:11 AM »

NR has guitar too.
"November Rain"
(Rose)

Guitar isn't music?

You're asking who wrote the guitar parts and assume it's either Chris or Axl since they're the credited song writers.

She says there have been examples in the past where no guitar player has been credited as a songwriter on the track.

So, what's the problem?

/jarmo

She said songwriting credits are for lyrics and music and I was simply pointing out that Guitar is music. I feel if the guitar is a heavy contributer to the song, that should count as credit.

Whoever wrote the flaminco guitar thing, should get credit for it cause its a huge awesome part of the song that elevates it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »

She said songwriting credits are for lyrics and music and I was simply pointing out that Guitar is music. I feel if the guitar is a heavy contributer to the song, that should count as credit.

Whoever wrote the flaminco guitar thing, should get credit for it cause its a huge awesome part of the song that elevates it.

And you think you have to be a great guitar virtuoso to come up with a melody played on a guitar?

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2008, 12:13:46 AM »

Song writing means. Lyrics and chord progression. The reason Axl wrote all of November Rain is because he wrote the Piano part and the lyrics. Rest of the instruments were just their own flavors added in.

So I'm assuming that If The World was something Axl and Pittman put together jamming and then the rest of the band joined in and put in what they could add to the song. That's why you get so many flavors of Keyboard jam, Exotic guitar and heavy rock guitars in parts with a blues solo. Technically this is a really solo musical song.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »

Aren't yourself a musician? You should know exactly what means songwriting.

Solos, riffs and arrangements are not included in this category. I don't know how you can argue with that.

Brain did an AMAZING job on If The World, by far one of his best contributions (along with Rhiad). Did he get any credits?

AC
Rocker

« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

Who cares. It's a good song. Written by Brittney Spears and done by Guns I'd be happy with it.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: