Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101481 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

Good review.  Does that guy really think that's the whole song though, 90 seconds?  I can just imagine the backlash, "It took Axl 15 years to make a 90 second song?"  Just enough to wet your appetite.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »

Man the comments that people make are soooo annoying. Same shit over and over regarding GNR for like 9 years.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »

To find showtimes for the movie, visit IMDb.com.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

I believe it comes out today right? I will be seeing it soon.

I don't really like the song a whole lot, but it's an okay song.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2008, 01:18:06 PM »

im going to see it in an hour.

i wanted to see it before, but with the part of the song it should be epic

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

Just got back from the movie.   "If the World" starts to play during the final scene, *before* the credits start.   It's not the full song, and it seems to be a very, very condensed version of what the full track will be.   I was disappointed by this, but good God, was it great to hear Axl's voice again.  When the final scene of the movie ends, so does the song, and the music changes as the credits start to roll.

The movie was okay, too.    Smiley

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »

Just got back from the movie.   "If the World" starts to play during the final scene, *before* the credits start.   It's not the full song, and it seems to be a very, very condensed version of what the full track will be.   I was disappointed by this, but good God, was it great to hear Axl's voice again.  When the final scene of the movie ends, so does the song, and the music changes as the credits start to roll.

Quality was much better then the leaks I'm guessing. Did the rhythm guitar in the verses cut through better?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »

Quality was much better then the leaks I'm guessing. Did the rhythm guitar in the verses cut through better?

Quality was quite good.  And the guitar parts really jumped out.  Not much of the verse to hear, though.  Pretty sure it was chorus, (very) condensed verse, chorus, then done.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »

Quality was quite good.  And the guitar parts really jumped out.  Not much of the verse to hear, though.  Pretty sure it was chorus, (very) condensed verse, chorus, then done.

I'm sorry I meant chorus. In the verses it's got that Spanish feel to it.

www.bluejayfever.com

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »

Everything sounded clear in both the verse and the chorus.  It was just over too soon.  And to clarify, I didn't stay through all the credits to see if the full track played later on.  Anybody else?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »

Going to see Body Of Lies this Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward and hoping to see a good film and hearing the new GN'R song.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »

I'm watching that shit on high quality tonight. Making a movie date with my chick. We have a cinebistro where I'm at. It's a 21-or older ONLY!!! in big sofas, with a table and dinner and cocktails... lol. The only way to watch a movie... no goddamn kids running around and screaming. Can't wait. 

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2008, 05:07:19 PM »

hated the movie, terrible, i didnt want to sit through the the credits to see if it was played again or how the songwriting credits were distributed

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »

hated the movie, terrible, i didnt want to sit through the the credits to see if it was played again or how the songwriting credits were distributed

well, i heard mixed reviews. also going tonight...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ben9785
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

I'm going to see the film today also. Seems like a good story, and of course looking forward to hearing however much of "If the World" plays.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »

Saw the movie, good film, not amazing, but good.  Sort of similar in feel to Spy Game, done by Ridley Scott's brother Tony.  Much better choice to debut a song than the dud that was End of Days

The song kicks in during the final scene and fits very well with the movie's themes.  Sound quality and mixing were fantastic.  In the final credits, here's what was listed:

"If The World"

Written by W. Axl Rose and Chris Pittman (spelled with two t's in the credits)

Performed by Guns N' Roses

Courtesy of Interscope Records, licensed by Universal Music Group

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:02:28 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

Written by W. Axl Rose and Chris Pittman (spelled with two t's in the credits)
oy fuckin vey!!!  I'm surprised they didn't spell the other name Axel.  How fuckin hard is it to spell someone's name correctly??  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »

so did Pittman write the guitar parts or did Axl? Seems his guitar lessons have really played off if he wrote that

or is it like NR and Estranged, where Bucket or whoever wrote the flaminco type parts but it isn't considered enough to be a songwriting credit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

so did Pittman write the guitar parts or did Axl? Seems his guitar lessons have really played off if he wrote that

or is it like NR and Estranged, where Bucket or whoever wrote the flaminco type parts but it isn't considered enough to be a songwriting credit?
Songwriting credits are for music AND lyrics.

NR has guitar too.
"November Rain"
(Rose)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »

Like Gypsy pointed out, just look at past song writing credits to get an idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: