Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101484 times)
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »

Going to a screening of the movie at UMiami tonight!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:14 PM »

Going to a screening of the movie at UMiami tonight!
let us know how the end is Smiley i mean the credits not the actual end of the movie

Here Today..
ben9785
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »

I think this'll be a good film to see. I was interested in it before I heard about the GNR song being in it, so either way its win-win.

Disappointing that we don't get to hear the full song, but I believe this is part of the promotional strategy at this point - they're just offering previews of the album in different mediums, first the video game and now a major film, kind of testing the waters to see what kind of reaction or feedback it gets.

I think we could get another 'preview' of this kind somewhere else before the proper album promotion really kicks in.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »

But what's the point of testing the waters? I mean it's not like if the response from the public isn't good enough they won't release it, right? And if everything is basically done and it's only left to announce the release date, why haven't they done it? I mean it's not like we haven't waited long enough. Including new songs in games and movies is all cool, but ultimately what people want is a release date, and not another tentative one. God I hope the big announcment happens soon.

This   is   Democracy!!!
ben9785
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »

But what's the point of testing the waters? I mean it's not like if the response from the public isn't good enough they won't release it, right? And if everything is basically done and it's only left to announce the release date, why haven't they done it? I mean it's not like we haven't waited long enough. Including new songs in games and movies is all cool, but ultimately what people want is a release date, and not another tentative one. God I hope the big announcment happens soon.

I know what you mean. Can only leave it up to the band to wait for the announcement in their own time.

Isn't it good that new music is getting out there though? Even if it is low profile? It shows that the music is ready and they will deliver it to us in full at the right time. They want people to know its coming, even if they're not screaming it from the rooftops yet. Things could be alot worse if "Shackler's Revenge" or "If the World" didn't come out at all.

DemocracyRose
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »

@Kaneda
Sat through 2 hours of a fairly good movie and hear, get this, only a minute and a half of If The World. It was short but sweet. The song comes at the way end of the movie and it's very cool the way Axl's voice just appears right when the directors name Ridley Scott appears. It was awesome hearing Axl's voice again in public, especially on a new track.

Out of all the leaks, this one had me a little worried. Axl sounds much better on the final mix and the song wraps around his voice a lot better now. I think that's the main issue I had with the leak was it all seemed flat and Axl's voice just seemed drop on top of the music. Now it all blends together much nicer. I don't pretend to be a sound engineer but clearly a lot can be adjusted to drastically change how a song sounds.

I wish the song would have played longer because I didn't get a chance to hear any of the guitar solos or how the "la la la" goes in the final mix. Overall, I think this album is going to be exactly what Axl promised, a GNR album that has something for everyone. I am glad Axl is experimenting with new sounds and this album is going to be so refreshing. It takes a brilliant song writer to have a song like If THe World sitting next to a song like Better....I think when we view this album holistically, it's all going to make sense and be so rewarding.

A final note. Judging the tracks by the leaks is a mistake. I know it's all we got at times, but it's like viewing a painting before it's complete. I just can't wait to hear the final versions of the songs we know (PROSTITUTE IS GONNA ROCK) along with a bunch of brand new songs. I am a fan of If The World...Keep em coming Axl!

DemocracyRose
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2008, 06:08:17 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758774/soundtrack   beer
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2008, 06:42:28 AM »

Please note that songs listed here (and in the movie credits) cannot always be found on CD soundtracks. Please check CD track details for confirmation.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DemocracyRose
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »

Please note that songs listed here (and in the movie credits) cannot always be found on CD soundtracks. Please check CD track details for confirmation.

I know that GNR are not on the soundtrack but GNR are mentioned at the front page...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 06:50:49 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

I know that GNR are not on the soundtrack but GNR are mentioned at the front page...

i wonder what the point of having a song in the movie if it's not on the soundtrack?  not everyone goes to a movie to hear a GnR song
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »

i wonder what the point of having a song in the movie if it's not on the soundtrack?  not everyone goes to a movie to hear a GnR song

You answered your own question.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »

It also costs more to put the band on the soundtrack itself rather then just in the movie. I can't remember all the times I've heard AC/DC in a movie, then have them not appear on a soundtrack, Who Made Who not withstanding.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
benchiefjr
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »

@Kaneda
Sat through 2 hours of a fairly good movie and hear, get this, only a minute and a half of If The World. It was short but sweet. The song comes at the way end of the movie and it's very cool the way Axl's voice just appears right when the directors name Ridley Scott appears. It was awesome hearing Axl's voice again in public, especially on a new track.

Out of all the leaks, this one had me a little worried. Axl sounds much better on the final mix and the song wraps around his voice a lot better now. I think that's the main issue I had with the leak was it all seemed flat and Axl's voice just seemed drop on top of the music. Now it all blends together much nicer. I don't pretend to be a sound engineer but clearly a lot can be adjusted to drastically change how a song sounds.

I wish the song would have played longer because I didn't get a chance to hear any of the guitar solos or how the "la la la" goes in the final mix. Overall, I think this album is going to be exactly what Axl promised, a GNR album that has something for everyone. I am glad Axl is experimenting with new sounds and this album is going to be so refreshing. It takes a brilliant song writer to have a song like If THe World sitting next to a song like Better....I think when we view this album holistically, it's all going to make sense and be so rewarding.

A final note. Judging the tracks by the leaks is a mistake. I know it's all we got at times, but it's like viewing a painting before it's complete. I just can't wait to hear the final versions of the songs we know (PROSTITUTE IS GONNA ROCK) along with a bunch of brand new songs. I am a fan of If The World...Keep em coming Axl!

What "la la la"?
Is that referring to the part before the acoustic interlude just before the solo?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2008, 01:53:51 PM »

Yes I think so...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »

For promotion or fun even....think about it...Rolling stone had a story on their main page about this track being in "Body of Lies"...it also exposes people to new GNR music who might not have gone out of their way to check it out for themselves...I dont know if the band just did it for fun, cause they like the movie, or promotional puposes...but it sure has alot of people talking...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2008, 12:29:24 AM »

only a minute and a half, thats lame

ill still go see the movie on friday

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »

going to see "Body of Lies" tomorrow, and if so who is going strictly because they would like to hear new song, and how many of you previously planned on seeing movie before anyone know about new song? Just curious!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »

i would if i lived in the US. but i dont think the movie will be on in europe before November.. but exciting anyway! Hope u have a blast  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »

going to see "Body of Lies" tomorrow, and if so who is going strictly because they would like to hear new song, and how many of you previously planned on seeing movie before anyone know about new song? Just curious!!

To be honest I am going just to hear a minute and a half of this new track...........i haven't been to the movies for ages and this seems like a good reason to go........

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »

i haven't read through all the pages but ign has posted an article on this song and rated it an 8/10 which is impressive in their scale.

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916983p1.html

if its been discussed then you can delete this post
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: