Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101474 times)
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »

I had no interest in seeing the movie Body Of Lies when i saw the preview. But I'm starting to think it would be worth going to the theater just to hear "If The World" playing over the credits.
I'm thinking it's going to sound really good in movie theater digital surround sound.

Don't get your hopes up, just because the song is  on the soundtrack, doesn't mean it will be played in the movie.

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »

Don't get your hopes up, just because the song is  on the soundtrack, doesn't mean it will be played in the movie.

Other way around is the more likely scenario. The song is in the movie but not necessarily on the soundtrack.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »

Can someone clarify me this? Some people told me that today the movie was showed to certain people in a private session, that's right?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »

Can someone clarify me this? Some people told me that today the movie was showed to certain people in a private session, that's right?

All Hollywood movies are usually given as private screenings to people in the industry, even normal people.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2008, 02:52:09 AM »

All Hollywood movies are usually given as private screenings to people in the industry, even normal people.

There's seems to be a few people who've seen it on the IMDB forum for the film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758774/board

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2008, 05:49:02 AM »

Damn it >_<

The movie is released on November 26th where I live ! I might have Chinese Democracy before I get to see the movie Grin

Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »

Do we have any real confirmation that the song actually is on the movie?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »

Yes, Gould saying that on Best Buy convention.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2008, 01:43:39 PM »

SERJ TANKIAN And MIKE PATTON Collaborate On 'Lies' Song - Oct. 1, 2008

SYSTEM OF A DOWN singer Serj Tankian and former FAITH NO MORE vocalist Mike Patton have collaborated on a new song called "Bird's Eye", which will appear on the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Body of Lies". The track, which was co-written with composer Marc Streitenfeld, was sent digitally to radio stations on Tuesday (September 30). "Bird's Eye" will play during the film's closing credits. A new track from GUNS N' ROSES, called "If The World", is also reportedly going to be heard at the end of the movie as well.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105974

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »

SYSTEM OF A DOWN singer Serj Tankian and former FAITH NO MORE vocalist Mike Patton have collaborated on a new song called "Bird's Eye", which will appear on the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Body of Lies". The track, which was co-written with composer Marc Streitenfeld, was sent digitally to radio stations on Tuesday (September 30). "Bird's Eye" will play during the film's closing credits. A new track from GUNS N' ROSES, called "If The World", is also reportedly going to be heard at the end of the movie as well.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105974

Hopefully ITW will be played before Birds Eye... Undecided
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »

I hope they have enough credits to last through 2 full songs.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »

I wanted to see this movie anyway, so this is a great bonus. Going Friday night.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2008, 12:39:28 AM »

I just saw it at a sneak preview.  Pretty good movie and "If The World" starts playing during the final 30 seconds of the movie and a little into the closing credits before another song starts (I'm assuming that Mike Patton one).  The song intro is identical to the leaks and definitely sounds like Bucket doing his flamenco thing.  They chopped the song up a little bit so there's only part of the first verse and then the chorus starts up again.  So there ya go.  I'm not sure what kind of promotion that's gonna produce but at least its something.  I get to stay and see the song writing credits so the next person to check it out make sure to check that out. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2008, 12:44:30 AM »

I just saw it at a sneak preview.  Pretty good movie and "If The World" starts playing during the final 30 seconds of the movie and a little into the closing credits before another song starts (I'm assuming that Mike Patton one).  The song intro is identical to the leaks and definitely sounds like Bucket doing his flamenco thing.  They chopped the song up a little bit so there's only part of the first verse and then the chorus starts up again.  So there ya go.  I'm not sure what kind of promotion that's gonna produce but at least its something.  I get to stay and see the song writing credits so the next person to check it out make sure to check that out. 
So the full song isn't played?  Just the intro and one verse, and chorus?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2008, 01:51:42 AM »

Yeah didn't even play bucket's solo so I'm not sure if its still in there.  But the 2 chorus lines and one verse was all I heard.....

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2008, 04:42:35 AM »

gee.. I was expecting the full song to be played,
oh well least its something Wink

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2008, 04:58:19 AM »

Sounds to me like it'll be played last.

Same as OMG i'm thinking.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:23 AM »

A review is up if anyone is interested:

Hey AICN. I'm a long time reader, but never really had the chance to contribute at all. However, last night I saw a free sneak for Ridley Scott's "Body of Lies" at my university and thought I'd give my thoughts on the film in a relatively spoiler-free fashion.

If you're like me, you watched the preview for this thinking "OK, it looks pretty cool, but I have NO IDEA what's going on." After rewatching the trailer now that I've seen the movie, I can tell you that any sort of promotional piece on this movie can't even cover a fraction of the plot of this film. Again, without giving away this complicated plot, deception is everywhere and I think the tagline was pretty accurate: TRUST NO ONE. Every ten minutes or so you have a title card explaining yet another location within the Eastern U.S. or the Middle East... make no mistake, it's a BIG movie. It is one intricate and finely crafted thriller courtesy of "Departed" screenwriter William Monohan, and in hands other than his or Scott's, I'm convinced it would have failed miserably.

I advise anyone who wants to see this movie to go in as spoiler free as they can. I was glued to the screen for the whole movie, and I think knowing close to nothing about this film made it all the more exciting. Although I'm sure some will complain about some use of "Shaky cam"/Paul Greengrass style camerawork (it isn't much, but there's a bit), the action is tightly shot and had the audience pretty reactive, not to mention there is some torture scenes that still make me cringe just thinking about them.

In my opinion, this is really DiCaprio's movie. He owns every second of this film. Every time he's on screen he brings an intensity to the movie that few actors could. Though I'm pretty sure everyone's past stereotyping him for his days as the object of teen girls' obsession, this film further SHATTERS any misconceptions that he's not to be taken seriously. This man is a badass. Now Crowe... he didn't really do anything for me. In my honest opinion I'm not sure if he really brings much to the movie. Whereas the trailer makes this movie look like some sort of cat-and-mouse thriller with Crowe chasing DiCaprio, really all Crowe does is play a detestable schlub who does his fair share of lying and deceiving. I feel kinda bad that he put on so much weight for the role because honestly there seemed to be little inspiration behind his performance. It's really unfortunate, but didn't take away from my enjoyment of the film.

In the end, as an action thriller, "Body of Lies" holds its own with the Bourne series that has basically reinvented the genre. It's exemplary of Monohan's gift with creating a HUGELY entertaining story with unpredictable twists, Scott's ability to make a solid and engaging film (only a year after "American Gangster"!), and DiCaprio's phenomenal acting chops. While I'm not sure it will be as much of a smash as last year's "Gangster" was, I can see word of mouth spreading about this one. I would most definitely pay to see this film again. This may not be remembered come Oscar season, but I'm expecting everyone to be quite surprised with "Body of Lies". Overall I'd score it about an 8.5/10, and will be sure to tell more about this great thriller.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38638

Jonx
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »

Cool review, look forward to seeing it

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »

this is cool..it reminds me of the summer of 99 when I went to go see" big daddy" just because I heard that there was a half new/half old version of "Sweet Child" at the end of it....I actually brought a tape recorder into the theater to try and record the song(haha it was my only feeble attempt at bootlegging anything in my life) and the tape sounded terrible but i still listened to it on my walkman all the time until one of my friends from high school who used to run this other GNR forum that focused only on the new band got me a decent copy of it on cd.....haha good times....ill be seeing it friday...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: